Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ...
    Personally i think that if blizzard wants us to stop using bubbles to blanket the raid i think that they should leave bubble the way it is now (i LOVE it the way it is now) I think that they should make it so that you can only have 3 bubbles on the raid at one times, so if u are a tank healer (which i am) you can bubble the two tanks and then have one left over for a raid member. I think that that would be the optimal think to do, dont decrease the time that we have for them to be consumed (because 1. that will prevent us from using them at the start and 2. the chance for a rapture to proc will be decreased in some fights).

Deleted
    Personally im a holy paladin at heart, but i play a disc priest with a casual guild at weekends :>

Both have a similar issue with their respective masteries,

Paladins-> doesnt stack, doesnt last long enough.
    Priests -> mastery only increases absorbs, Blizz want this awesome 30-70 ratio.

From a Pala PoV, the shield doesnt even proc off roughly 40% of the healing, generally making is kack.
    Priests, well if they only want 30% to be absorbs. Why is the mastery even there as they would have to nerf the shields each tier as People can stack more and more mastery.

Now speaking of priests, Personally i have 2 big issues.

1) DA, Now while it sounds great, the majority never gets used up. Espcially with the current model of there's damage, you heal it up slowly. This causes alot of raid shields to go completely unused. Now if we were in Icc with constant aura damage, no matter how tiny the damage is at least the shields are being used up to cover stuff.

2) Grace, While in theory its great u stack it to 3 and you heal for 24% more. That is great, and the change to allow it to stack on multiple people is also great. But realy, a priest is gimped in terms of burst random healing on people because to maximise throughput you have to stack it up before doing max output.
    Having come from a paladin where everything is just baked straight in.... the mechanic is incredibly clunky and slow.

Now for possible solutions;

For Divine Aegis, The most obvious to me would be that. If the shield wears off before being fully absorbed, It could then heal that person for say 50% of the amount the absorb shield was.
    This would make disc priest raid healing much easier to balance as you could factor in those heals so that there not simply underpar on burst healing fights and damn OP for aura fights.

For Grace, Coming from a holy paladin. Going a similar away as Conviction to me makes the most sense, juggling to maintain grace on more than 2-3 people at most is hard enough. Unless you allow PoH and glyph of PW:S heals to also proc grace. This would allow you to keep up grace on whole raid parties alot easier.
    Due to stacking grace to maximise output from heal, Ive found in downtime. HPS wise Smite is far better because smite healing is greater than heal healing for similar mana costs without grace stacked. Bigger heals, similar cost, shorter cast time. Only reason to use heal at all is to lower WS duration on tank for rapture timers, And even then its 1 tank fights only realy. And better yet more times than not you can use GH for the actual tank damage being taken for that in itself.

Now im sure there would be better idea's out there as these are basically off the top of my head, but you can't as a game designer just say 'we want you to only use 30% absorbs' when the healing portion is very lacklustre in parts. And the shields healing wise are basically your best option to maximise throughput.
    Giving disc a AoE heal button thats Disc only would be great. Holy has Renew spam from talents and CoH. On top of PoH, while disc has to live with just PoH and DA off it. Maybe a spammable Cheap Small shield, to follow the absorb theme.

grace is fine as it is imo as it's clearly one of the tools meant to make DPriests better Tank healers, the fact they unlocked it so it can be stacked on multiple targets is great but DPriest forte imo remains single target healing.

making it work like conviction would probably increase DPriest throughput to the roof, thus will probably not happen unless they nerf the healing bonus to 15% (damn you homogenization). i believe that keeping grace stacked on multiple targets to increase throughput is "part of the game", though i think it's not meant to be stacked on the whole raid, but 2-3 should be fine without much problems.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tortillagirl View Post
    a [disc] priest is gimped in terms of burst random healing on people because to maximise throughput you have to stack [grace] up before doing max output.
    I am OK with not all specs and not all healers being able to fill the same rolls or have the same tools, assuming there is balance.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tortillagirl View Post
    1) DA, Now while it sounds great, the majority never gets used up. Espcially with the current model of there's damage, you heal it up slowly. This causes alot of raid shields to go completely unused. Now if we were in Icc with constant aura damage, no matter how tiny the damage is at least the shields are being used up to cover stuff.
    This is simply not true. The majority of DAs do get used - check some logs. I normally average 65-70% of my DAs being used, which is the majority. I don't know how many are raid DAs from poh vs tank DAs from single target heals as log don't split. But there are many many instances where you have repeated AoE, in fact most raid AoEs hit in multiple ticks allowing DA to be consumed.

For Grace, Coming from a holy paladin. Going a similar away as Conviction to me makes the most sense, juggling to maintain grace on more than 2-3 people at most is hard enough. Unless you allow PoH and glyph of PW:S heals to also proc grace. This would allow you to keep up grace on whole raid parties alot easier.
    You're not meant to be able to stack grace on whole raids at a time, if they wanted that they could just have it proc off PoH. Or give disc a flat 24% buff across the board. Grace is largely for buffing our tank throughput which it does just fine as is.