Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Ew .. what is going on with? ...

Can everyone see that wow and almost everygame is losing ppl with brain and nice communication? i am so sad when i try nicely say smth to someone and his answer is 'shut up you fucktard or i dont care fucker. grow up kid', etc ... especialy in wow ... is this just on some servers or its atm whole community everywhere? so my question is ... vanilla guys ... can u see same problem on other servers? or its just my server so stupid? (cuz i thinking about reroll)
    Ps: my server is atm Stormrage (pve lol)

Well, X Box Live lost a good portion of their fan base from their FPS's and the kids either A. Beat those games at stupidly high marks... or B. gave up and turned to the next thing, with their goon-inspired, 4CHAN influenced wisecracks and YouTube Poop humor...

I say it's just the interweb population now... it's horrid and repulsive. And unfortunately, not many high end games have such safeguards to defend against this juvenile crap without ultimately restricting game mechanics as a whole...

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, from a personal point of view, I can say that I found vanilla a whole lot more forgiving and kind in terms of the community than what is has become - especially in WotLK - in my opinion.

Maybe I am painting the picture a little more pink than it really is, but you know how it is with good memories. They always tend to get better than they really are.

I remember vanilla-people a lot more forgiving and cooperative than what they are now, that's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by tinkypinky View Post
    Can everyone see that wow and almost everygame is losing ppl with brain and nice communication? i am so sad when i try nicely say smth to someone and his answer is 'shut up you fucktard or i dont care fucker. grow up kid', etc ... especialy in wow ... is this just on some servers or its atm whole community everywhere? so my question is ... vanilla guys ... can u see same problem on other servers? or its just my server so stupid? (cuz i thinking about reroll)
    Read your post again, then you;ll see that you are also part of the problem. People get very tired of trying to read your "l33t" text. You have a keyboard with all 26 letters on it. There is also punctuation marks that you'll need. I understand that there maybe a word that you do not know how to spell and thats fine. But are you that lazy that you use "ppl" instead of people? That to me, and others, that you are lazy and they don't feel the need to help you.

Your use of the english language is probably what causes people to not take you seriously

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    The fact that some people can't tolerate people using "internet-slang" says more about themselves than the ones using "internet-slang".

I got the message, and I think he's got a good point.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fulcan View Post
    The fact that some people can't tolerate people using "internet-slang" says more about themselves than the ones using "internet-slang".

I got the message, and I think he's got a good point.
    There's no point in using internet-slang. You save what? Three seconds at most? At least if you use proper spelling you make a good impression, and I know I'd be more inclined to help than when someone can't bother to spend some extra seconds typing full words.

(Probably some spelling errors in there, but seeing as English isn't my native language, I guess I'm doing all right)

Honestly, from a personal point of view, I can say that I found vanilla a whole lot more forgiving and kind in terms of the community than what is has become - especially in WotLK - in my opinion.

Maybe I am painting the picture a little more pink than it really is, but you know how it is with good memories. They always tend to get better than they really are.

I remember vanilla-people a lot more forgiving and cooperative than what they are now, that's for sure.
    No you got it exactly right, people were more friendly in vanilla because back then you didn't have cross realm groups. In vanilla if you were a prick you got exiled from your guild and friends and had to play an MMO by yourself which.. isn't fun.

Dungeon finder was the free ticket for all the pricks to stop playing nice and do whatever they wanted since people off your realm have no power over you. Unfortunately I think the DF is here to stay so this games community will continue to dwell in hell

Deleted
    'Your use of the english language is probably what causes people to not take you seriously' by Diurden

Yeah, and here we are! lol ... i am suprised that there is not 'fucktard or smth' ... no tolerantion at all ...

Deleted
    Either enlgish isn't your native language, or your 12. If it's the latter, then you probably say some stupid shit.

You're probably right but this thread isn't going to do anything about it and nobody ever will do anything about it, so you'll just have to live with it.
    It's a problem everyone faces in basically every game except ones with really small communities where everyone knows eachother.

Quote Originally Posted by Laina View Post
    There's no point in using internet-slang. You save what? Three seconds at most? At least if you use proper spelling you make a good impression, and I know I'd be more inclined to help than when someone can't bother to spend some extra seconds typing full words.

(Probably some spelling errors in there, but seeing as English isn't my native language, I guess I'm doing all right)
    I agree with that, making considerably more effort to help those that put in some of that effort themselves.
    One of my personal dislikes is that despite the vast amount of information out there, someone just demands a link to a profession, browses it and demands another if it does not have what they want.
    Why is it so difficult to give at least some indication what you wanted in the first place to maybe get that link earlier instead of 10 down the line.
    The name is not necessary, just some indication that you know what you want, like the stats or class requirement and will not randomly whisper me 10 minutes later when I wandered off to do dailies after thinking there was no interest.

Yep, I've noticed it got worse. Easy fix, REPORT THEM. Do not right click their name and hit "report for spam," open a ticket with their name, time it was said, area it was said, and the general idea of what was said.

Unless it's reported, nothing will happen to that person, and they won't stop being a tool.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Prob cause it's an older MMO now, and peeps start getting the attitude that they know everything about WoW, and cause they do, they expect everyone else to as well. I have played numerous other MMO's and I can say that the communities there are a lot more forgiving than the WoW community. Yes you have your compulsory troll, but nothing like WoW has.

I find when everything is new to everyone, they do seem to help out, but not long after the noon calling, and trolling starts. It would be a nicer gaming experience if everyone treated others as if they were in the room with them Irl. Usually for me to keep away, is I now play solo, and do achieves etc and stay outa trade. Pretty sad I have to go to that extent to avoid the community of Warcraft.

Ah... Anonymity...

Since LFD that my char can cross realm dungeons, meaning what I do has little to no consequence...

*ssholes assemble!
    Quote Originally Posted by Oradraffe View Post
    MoP is not happening i can promise that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tric619 View Post
    Been playing since week 1 and still believe Mop is the next expac? >.>
    Quote Originally Posted by Feyrzhuk View Post
    MoP will never be a WoW expansion. Feel free to flame and ridicule me should I be proven wrong.

Deleted

You probably lose those three seconds trying to decipher what the slang user has said.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account

But we are not here to discuss whether internet slang is worth it or not. If people do it, they probably have their reasons.
    The important part is that he is trying to send you a message. If you focused on that, you would be contributing to the subject which he originally brought up.

As a side note: my native language isn't english either, and for your information, I don't have a long and academic education.. yet!

Sorry for this off-topic reminder.

Thats back when the game was more tedious.. and we all know children can't handle tedious... ADHD or not..

This only happens to me in Trade or General, not when I'm face to face with them.

Yeah, and here we are! lol ... i am suprised that there is not 'fucktard or smth' ... no tolerantion at all ...
    You could at least give it a go and then tell us how it worked out.
    Active: Monk
    Active: Rogue
    Active: Paladin
    Inactive: Warlock