Deleted

Simple question about 4.0.6 ret

I'll try to cut this fairly short.
    Since the start of Cat Ret sucked, beyond any possible redemption...it just plainly S.U.C.K.E.D. In my 5 years of playing and testing out different classes with different specs I have never witnessed such an awful "priority rotation" with such a crummy reward of bad dps and no pvp usage besides self-heals. I simply DO NOT care for threads and posts saying: "Oh maybe you should...The mechanics are...Are you using?...It's quite good at/when..." NO! Nothing! It's ALL besides Good...it's foogely!

Now, excuse my raging, I rarely employ it but with similar cases try to explore every possible corner of a certain spec and in an answer try to adjust, broaden my knowledge/experience. In this particular case however, the solid conclusion is that it is simply broken. So...my actual question is, Should I expect any sort of a dps increase with the release of the next patch, anything that would put a small light on the darkness of that spec, or should I simply turn to my shaman and say bajbaj to pawadin.

Thank you in advance

Yes ret gets a buff next patch for PVE. Mastery becomes useful instead of a burden. If you're planning to pvp as ret though, ret is still not that great.

Deleted
    They just turned a completely random and chaotic priority based rotation into a HP-starved less random priority rotation. Mastery is now worth something but the HP generation is realy slow now making the potential burst nearly non-existing. Crusader strike is also somewhat buffed but ... yeah, a little.

Don't get me wrong, it was a step into the right direction with the mastery change, removing the excess chaotic randomness from divine purpose, but now HP generation is way too slow and gaps come into our rotation we are auto-attacking only.

Quite honestly i can't figure it out why blizzard is leting the current PTR ret go live, it feels the work was left only half-way done.

Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    If you're planning to pvp as ret though, ret is still not that great.
    The opposite is true, why even go into pvp as ret with prot getting Rebuke too? (Which is a great change from my pve perspective) I doubt Sacred Shield can 'fix' ret in pvp.
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

10+ Year Old Account
    This is silly they gave away one of the most crucial things ret brought into arena and pvp to both holy and prot ( both of which are strong in pvp anyway). As for sacred shield, please forgive me for being arrogant but i smell garbage... How can another defensive cool down help with our "offensive" ability, didn't blizzard say we would have more offensive tools and less defensive abilities.

In PVP i don't see Retribution being much of a threat, can i ask is avenging wrath becoming dispel immune, if not then i am going to find a small corner to cry in. The only buff is mastery and even then it is interesting to see how that works out, with people juggling inquisition, zealotry, divine purpose procs, support heals and doing "damage"...

Really frustrating...

I remember a post from Blizzard saying how they removed the Shadow Priest "support" abilties because people playing shadow wanted to do dps and be "awesome" and not make others look "awesome". Why can't they apply that mentality to Retribution?

Surely since we have hands and heals, i see no reason why retribution should be a "real" dps spec and not some strange support dps hybrid. If druids and shamans can have pretty decent dps specs, why can't paladins.

/end rant...