2pc T11 Bonus & Pyroblast!

Does anyone know whether the 2pc T11 bonus works with "Pyroblast!" or not? It says increases critical strike chance of Pyroblast by 5%.....given blizzards screwups with the pyroblast! & pyroblast split I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't work. I'd justt like to know...has anyone done any testing of any sort? If not I may try some tests this weekend.

I just asked the same in another thread, and the part "given Blizzards screwups" is the exact reasoning behind it together with rather low critrate on Pyroblast! overall.

15+ Year Old Account
    My numbers over the course of a few fights against Atramedes:
    Hit: 25
    Crit: 21

Armory says my crit rate is 23.24%... I'll round up to 24% (due to bonus intellect from Mark/Kings).
    +5% Glyph
    +5% Scorch
    +5% Molten Armor
    +5% T11
    +5% Raid crit buff
    49% crit

21/46 => 46% crit

Close enough to be either way. Would need more data points.

It would be pretty stupid for it not to work, since no raiding mage would be hard casting pyroblast regularly.

Quote Originally Posted by DirewolfX View Post
    21/46 => 46% crit

Close enough to be either way. Would need more data points.
    Looks pretty correct considering there's a crit suppression.

I just did some testing, turns out that it does NOT work with Pyroblast!, according to these results at least. This is quite disappointing.

I tested it out two different ways on the dummies in Org. Currently my gear gives me 25.84% chance to crit, so I used 26% as my base crit number. Add in 5% from critical mass = 31%. I did not use glyph of pyroblast. With the added 5% from 2pc t11, the magic number i should be looking for is 36%.

First method:
    I hardcasted Pyroblast 600 times, using hotstreak Pyroblast! whenever it proc'ed (note: pyroblast procs hotstreak, pyroblast! does not). Out of the 600 Pyroblasts, i had 36.1% crit, ALMOST EXACTLY what i should be getting if the 2pc t11 works (also factor in the short bursts where my power torrent & lightweave proc, giving me extra int and therefore a small boost to my base 26% crit number). Pyroblast! on the other hand showed a crit rate of 31.3%.

Second method:
    I spammed scorch 1,000 times on the dummy using hotstreak Pyroblast! whenever it proc'ed. Scroch crit was 31.1%, again, almost exactly what it should be. Out of 103 hotstreak procs, Pyroblast! showed a crit rate of 31.3%. Showing again, that our 2pc t11 DOES NOT WORK with "Pyroblast!."

If anyone has any free time, please feel free to test it out as well (using one of the same methods) so that we can get a larger sample size. From my results, I would conclude that our 2pc T11 = useless. Glyph of pyroblast might be useless as well, although i haven't tested that out.
    Sigh......

Edit: Just saw the other thread titled "Pyroblast and Pyroblast!", the author used a larger sample size and his results are conclusive with mine.
    Last edited by guest32384; 2011-01-08 at 08:14 AM.

Same comments as in the other thread. The sample size is too small to be meaningful, not clear what level dummy you were using and how that affects the results, and there's no log to look at.