Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Leap of Faith. Worthless for Spriest in arena...

Hey,

I play 2v2 in arena with a frost mage and I think that my level 85 new ability is absolutely worthless. Ok as a healer you can pull dumb players out of the fire in a raid, or even grab your mage up the bridge in the Blade's Edge Arena. But shadow priests almost always get targeted first. Why? Because we're squishy and have no way as to escape. There is no spring, no leap, no blink, no teleport, no disengage. All we have is dispersion and, if talented, a movement impairing remover. But this still doesn't allow us to get away from classes with sprint, charges or death grip pull things...

So I think leap of faith should be changed. Maybe make it so that we could pull ourselves towards a different player in our party if I am shadow. Then, if I go holy, which has the bubble sprint (if it hasn't been removed), leap of faith pulls my buddies to me again.

Thoughts?

Mages got time warp at 85, its not viable in arena. Not everything in this game is balanced around 2v2/3v3/5v5 etc. Thank god for that.

ever thought of playing it with the spec it was designed for? also im pretty sure a fear counts as a way to excape along with your pyschic horror

Pull your Mage away from the rooted Melee.
    Pull your Mage behind LoS to avoid being bursted while he is slowed.
    Pull your Mage to you so he can Peel you because his Pet Nova is on CD.
    Pull your Mage up from Sewers / BE.

When you go into 3s and put in a Healer or Shadow RMP, this ability now becomes much better.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Faion View Post
    ever thought of playing it with the spec it was designed for? also im pretty sure a fear counts as a way to excape along with your pyschic horror
    Fear --> trinket or warrior thing
    Psychic Horror lasts for what? 2 seconds or something?

Quote Originally Posted by warboss View Post
    Mages got time warp at 85, its not viable in arena. Not everything in this game is balanced around 2v2/3v3/5v5 etc. Thank god for that.
    Mind spike is also useless if you've got melees right on your ass because you can't cast.

---------- Post added 2011-01-06 at 09:48 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Autumnqt View Post
    Pull your Mage away from the rooted Melee.
    Pull your Mage behind LoS to avoid being bursted while he is slowed.
    Pull your Mage to you so he can Peel you because his Pet Nova is on CD.
    Pull your Mage up from Sewers / BE.

When you go into 3s and put in a Healer or Shadow RMP, this ability now becomes much better.
    Thing is, nobody attacks a mage. He survives much longer than me, the squishy shadow priest. Even we always go for a priest if we see one.

In 3v3 with a healer it's Godly, don't be bad.

Deleted
    Actually, you can pull the mage back to you. Let's say a warrior is on you and is hurting you stupidly (Or a rogue), drag your mage to you, make him pop nova and bam escape ot los.

Quote Originally Posted by Faion View Post
    This is such a stupid and nonsense comment. Did you know priest fear shares a DR with our one min cooldown horror(which is now 1.30min cd) priest can not escape from melee,pop trinket when we use fear,and a horror that fears for only last 2sec,because you just used scream which shares a DR. Now we have to wait 23sec if you're spec shadow and have the pvp hands for our fear cooldown,meanwhile the melee owns the priest,and our only thing to do is either take the dmg or dispersion,which is our last line of defence and hurts us because it silences us. Unlike mages we dont have blink,CoC,frost nova ,slow, etc. That is why priest is targeted first in arenas. Most smart melees can solo me 1v1 if they are good. Not trying to QQ but think before speaking
    Last edited by beegee2010; 2011-01-07 at 12:19 AM.

Deleted
    it's a good ability but just pay attention to what your team mates are doing. i mean i was in the middle of casting hex on a target and got pulled by my shadow priest so it interupted the hex and we lost from there. was almost killed by a feral and kitted away with little health left when i saw the feral changing direction to my spriest and he pulled me to him which pulled me infront of the feral and that cost us the win again!

Note: Leap of faith requires a brain...use when asked to.

i will ask my priest to pull me out of a stun lock

Leap works a bit better on melee partners for sure, but it's useful for everybody. Lots of uses have been listed. Tbh, the most use you'll see out of it is saving your mage from things, including CC (pull them out of range/LoS). Saving yourself will probably be rarer but of course still useful. I'm sure we could come up with a lot of situations you could use it in, but as said above all spells don't have to be viable for every spec in pvp. Leap of Faith is a situational spell by it's very nature, expecting to use it every game is silly.

I'm doing 2s with a mage as shadow, and use it nearly every game. Great spell.
    Profanity is the inevitable linguistic crutch of the inarticulate mother%$#@er.
    -
    Jamboro: 110 SPriest, Jamb: 110 Blood DK, Jambori: 110 Prot. Warrior,Jambro: 110 Frost Mage, etc.

Deleted
    Mind spike is also useless if you've got melees right on your ass because you can't cast.
    Fakecast?

I love both Mind Spike & Life Grip in Shadow & Disc for arena. Both very situational but awesome spells!

I disagree with OP. I play 3s with a druid healer and I cannot tell you how many times casting leap of faith on him has saved his life. I can pull him up on the bridge in Blades Edge, pull him through the waterfall before it becomes a LOS issue in Dalaran sewers or to a pillar where he can run in circles and heal up.

It's not the best move ever, but it certainly has its uses.

LoF is a great talent when used correctly. Just because you dont find a use for it in your 2v2 situation (Which 2s are already an iffy subject), doesnt mean it should be changed. A good LoF can be gamebreaking when yanking a teammate out of a cleave team or behind LoS when the other team is lining up burst. And as someone mentioned, you can bring utility to yourself by yanking teammates to help you out. Changing it to a "You pull yourself to teammate" would just be ridic overpowered, as giving priest a friendly charge would just shift game mechanics completely.

I could see them moving LoF to being a disc spell though, so it wouldnt break spriest out of form though.

Deleted
    LoF should be used, in combination with like frost nova. its not useless at all, just l2 use it.

I play a Disc Priest and I find Mind Spike to be useless for my talent spec. I demand that the ability be reworked so that I may use it in 2v2 Arena matches.

-------------------------------------

I play a Ret pally and I demand that Holy Radiance be buffed to suit what I think it should do because every single spell my class knows needs to make MY spec work better!

See what I did there?
    Quote Originally Posted by Seahippo View Post
    We are gunna use some dust brown to paint some happy little tornados here, and one more here. Then we are going to use some white to paint happy little wind blasts here. Just dab the brush along the base of al akir, and there you have it. THE GAYEST FIGHT EVER

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkh0990 View Post
    I play a Disc Priest and I find Mind Spike to be useless for my talent spec. I demand that the ability be reworked so that I may use it in 2v2 Arena matches.
    This is pretty much exactly what I thought when I read the original topic.

A somewhat more reasonable suggestion would be to have a glyph that changed LG to pull yourself towards a target rather than the other way around. Reworkin the whole thing? Eerh, no. It's a lovely spell in pve and I'm much better at avoiding the bad stuff than the people I pull out of it.

Deleted
    This game isnt balanced around 1v1, I think we got that settled.

So... You do realise you arent alone in the arena, right? The mage is there with you. So make him peel of you, ever thought about that... Mages are probably the best class for that.

Well it is a spell in the HOLY tree. You don't see healers QQing about how Mind Spike can't somehow heal our allies...