Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

What things can you solo?

I keep reading Locks and other classes soloing Mag/Gruul/Kara/etc...

I used to solo a lot of stuff in Tier 10 at 80 but it seems mana is rougher to manage now and multi-dotting isn't a viable option.
    Lost my train of thought here...

What have you guys managed to solo as Shadow (or any other spec) so far at 80?

Haven't tried to solo anything, no incentive/reason to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

Hogger.. actually I am lying sorry I can't solo Hogger

---------- Post added 2011-01-10 at 06:20 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Vook View Post
    /agree The only raid boss I went and tried to solo was the old Onyxia before they nerfed her gold drop and I was filling my bank bags with 18 slot bags because I was being cheap.

well at 80 I solo'd most of Kara for fun and gold, and yesterday I did Flame Leviathan just to see if I could.
    I treat forum trolls like the Black Knight in monty python. Idiots who don't know when to fall over and die. Despite me chopping up every bit of your terrible argument you still think you are right, but i get the satisfacion of kicking a limbless idiot where he deserves to be.

15+ Year Old Account
    some classes can solo magtheridon, he drops 500g, that's an incentive for you

Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    some classes can solo magtheridon, he drops 500g, that's an incentive for you
    If gold is an incentive I'm sure you can 2 man just about every BC boss and end up with quite a bit. From what I can tell people tend to solo things for the challenge or a special item (mounts, pets, perdy purpsz).

Managed to solo all Heroic BC instances and Kara (11/12) while at lvl80. Couldn't solo mag, but was able to 2 man it with a pally.

At 85, I went and soloed Heroic Nexus, shit was fun as hell.

Also had to solo Pit of Saron (first boss) and Forge of Souls. I think I turned them on normal though.

After getting a heroic gear set, I can solo most quest mobs on Tol Barad without falling back to using manapots fo finish them off.
    That was a pretty major achievement point for me.

i was able to solo a hunter's pet in bgs last night as shadow. that was a step up for me.

With VE being nerfed it's unlikely for me... Couldn't get past Golemagg the Incinerator in Molten Core.
    Dammit, I need that rep.

I switched mains in cata to an spriest from a boomkin, so my Wrath Reputations were all low. So, I've been soloing all the Wrath heroics (cept the ICC ones). Some bosses are challenging but most are do-able with good gear (ie mostly purples).

10+ Year Old Account
    As a warrior we can't solo much, no self-healing.

So, nothing.

Deleted
    I used to solo ZG but that wasnt really hard. Finished MGT and Sethek a few months ago once I got the mounts. Atm I'me soloing Karas first boss for the mount and I've tried Utgarde Pinicle for the blue drake, but I cat handle it alone so I bring a druid healer so we can stealth past every mob^^ Camoflauge is amazing for that

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vook View Post
    Thank you Guild Achievements.

---------- Post added 2011-01-14 at 07:10 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Danner View Post
    After getting a heroic gear set, I can solo most quest mobs on Tol Barad without falling back to using manapots fo finish them off.
    That was a pretty major achievement point for me.
    Sounds like we need some nerfs then.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultima View Post
    Thank you Guild Achievements.

---------- Post added 2011-01-14 at 07:10 AM ----------

For a 5 man you need 5 guildies in the group for a 40 man you need 20 guildies in the group .. note: they all must be in the instance also. for 25 man i'm not sure . 10 ppl or 8 should be enough maybe.

10+ Year Old Account
    GA's can't be achieved solo (except Spire, but that's probably a bug, and may already be fixed).

Edit: Beaten to it.
    It is 80% for 5, 10, and 25s. Not sure for 40s. Plus it is changing in 4.0.6.
    They still won't be possible solo.
    Last edited by Conzar; 2011-01-14 at 07:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arteous View Post
    For a 5 man you need 5 guildies in the group for a 40 man you need 20 guildies in the group .. note: they all must be in the instance also. for 25 man i'm not sure . 10 ppl or 8 should be enough maybe.
    Well actually at this point 4/5 needs to be in the guild for achievements.
    However this is going to get changed, so when 3/5 you get guild achievements.
    "Everything always changes. The best plan lasts until the first arrow leaves the bow." - Matrim Cauthon

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lol View Post
    As a warrior we can't solo much, no self-healing.

So, nothing.
    I play a fury warrior and back at 80 me and a mage could solo the whole of MC. Enraged regeneration was a life saver. I havn't been back since hitting 85 but im pretty sure i could solo the whole thing except maybe rag because of the damn fall damage u get.

Bottom line is you can solo quite a lot of pre cata content as a warrior (granted, not as much as some classes) thanks to ER, victory rush (where applicable) and bloodthirst

---------- Post added 2011-01-14 at 07:18 AM ----------

Obviously i mean duo when i say me and a mage

Deleted
    I've always thought of priests as useless for soloing. Sure, at 85 I can solo BC normals, probably heroics as well. I can probably NOT solo any WotLK HCs since as soon as the packs are through your shield, you're dying because of interrupts. Maybe the shield buff in the new patch will make soloing more viable?

Safe to say, I don't have any cool mounts.