Poll: who would win?

Page 1 of 12
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Magic vs Science

so...like the title says who do you think would win?

magic: i know this is really broad but consider all things magical like mages, warlocks, demons, dragons or undead.
    science: guns, bombs and planes. medicine vaccines and what ever else.

neither side has win button like "lol the plagues owns everything" or "we make a virus so all magical things die"

edit: here is a scenario
    the alliance and dalaran wizards allied with the night elfs and their armies and the horde march towards a combined army of present day military.

who would win? bombs and bullets or fireballs and magic swords?

edit:2
    some people here are doing what i was afraid of, magic HAS limits, you don't see magicians in any novel or game casually lifting mountains and blasting nukes from their palms. from all the fiction books i have read magic has to do with the person's stamina and concentration. imagine a WoW mage do you think he has limitless power?
    Last edited by Toho; 2011-01-09 at 03:32 PM.

Science = 30 megaton bombs! (But then, they would wipe out themselves)
    Spaceships!
    OH FOR GODS SAKE I HAVE NO IMAGINATION.

Depends what kind of magic you're talking about, but if it's the type of magic I've come to know and love, magic would win.

I always consider magic the most powerful force there is, drawing from the primal forces of the world itself to devastating effect. Science, while devastating, doesn't quite measure up to that in my opinion.

Enchantments by magic can make things immune to sciences chemicals, or weapons, and thus magic would win.

Deleted
    magic is fictional, science is reality

science wins!

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    magic, because its so much cooler!
    ∞=0
    0/2 = 0 , ∞/2 = ∞
    2/0 = error , 2/∞ = error
    0*2 = 0 , ∞*2 = ∞

Deleted
    magic would win
    magic can stop time and summon the ethereal equivalent of a tactical nuke
    science can shoot a tactical nuke... which then will be reflected back by a convenient placement of portals

oh god, imagine if GLaDOS got hold of magic... 0_o

Deleted
    Mass Effect has showed us than both could win depending situation, surroundings etc...In a just open all out war Science would win, could end up destroying most of themsevles aswell though.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    Mass Effect has showed us than both could win depending situation, surroundings etc...In a just open all out war Science would win, could end up destroying most of themsevles aswell though.
    What?

I'm fairly certain there's no magic in Mass Effect. Biotics are fueled by eezo implants, not magic.
    Last edited by Oerba Yun Fang; 2011-01-08 at 05:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vidal View Post
    Enchantments by magic can make things immune to sciences chemicals, or weapons, and thus magic would win.
    And Enhancements by Science can make things immune to curses, spells and magical sicknesses, thus science would win.

If one side was only using magic and no science at all, and one side using science and no magic at all, I'd say science, since nearly all the advantages magic brings can be reproduced with science, plus we would have the advantage of guns, planes and so on.

depends is chuck norris a product of science or magic?

I am Sniper - Play Free Online Games

If you want science, then go play another postapokalyptic (MMO)RPG. Magic!

15+ Year Old Account
    Magic is limitless. Science, however, is.
    video game companies: *makes game with female/LGBT characters*

dudebros: wHAT HTe fUCK IS THSI SOCIAL ,.JUSITICE SHI.,,T,,...,.I canNOT,, BELEIVVB nnOT BYINHG...,

Quote Originally Posted by toho View Post
    neither side has win button like "lol the plagues owns everything" or "we make a virus so all magical things die"
    Science does have a win button: science works.

Deleted
    Definately magic, as magic can do anything and science is limited to laws of physic. Also magic is imaginary, so it can't lose, because you can imagine better magic than science ever can come up with.

Quote Originally Posted by FrozenFlames View Post
    Magic is limitless. Science, however, is.
    Actually, almost everytime you see magic in a book/game there is always something that limits it. Whether it be the wielders power/strength to use it or if its as simple as runes/manapool, magic is always limited. Science isn't limited, it has laws but those laws can be bent.

Magic, they would create a shield to protect themselves and stop anything harmfull that tried to penetrate it

10+ Year Old Account
    You could always use magic to control science.

Just say'n.
    "I see nothing. I hear nothing. I taste victory."

"Trolling (verb): speaking your honest opinion." - you know who