Thread: GM Island!

GM Island!

The island in the middle of lake dumont. middle of nowhere and has the names of people working for blizzard as the npc names

Deleted
    I'm not gonne assume you are a troll but insted a newbie. This island has been there for ages and it's nothing new if you didn't know. Just google it up.

15+ Year Old Account
    GM Island? 2004 says hello.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yea go youtube etc, and you will be able to find lots of things about that island. Its nothing new

Not GM Island as we all know Blizz play horde and the NPCs are Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachroxs View Post
    The island in the middle of lake dumont. middle of nowhere and has the names of people working for blizzard as the npc names
    FWIW, bankers and auctioneers are also commonly named after current/former Blizzard employees.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mothhive View Post
    Not GM Island as we all know Blizz play horde and the NPCs are Alliance!
    If so, does that mean they can kill a co-worker in game they're angry at?

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    I'm not gonne assume you are a troll but insted a newbie. This island has been there for ages and it's nothing new if you didn't know. Just google it up.
    "for ages" as in "since 7th december"? Because that is when the island he is refering to was added to the game (not counting closed testing phase). It is speculated that this island is a reference to the so often (by players) referred to GM Island.
    Last edited by Samin; 2011-01-16 at 09:54 PM.
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

Quote Originally Posted by Samin View Post
    "for ages" as in "since 7th december"? Because that is when the island he is refering to was added to the game (not counting closed testing phase). It is speculated that this is a reference to the so often (by players) referred to GM Island.
    Yes damnit, in the age of instant information, a month is an age.

And no one would speculate that Lake Dumont holds GM Island because it's be proven to be elsewhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by Negridoom
    No. After the Cataclysm there will be an expansion for the zerg, and then an expansion for the protoss.

Quote Originally Posted by Gungtah View Post

And no one would speculate that Lake Dumont holds GM Island because it's be proven to be elsewhere.
    He said it's speculated to be a reference to the real GM Island, not that it's speculated to be the actual GM Island.

Quote Originally Posted by Gungtah View Post

Indeed GM Island is proven to not be used for ages (and with ages I mean years). What people are meaning that this is blizzard tribute to the GM Island because it has this mythical and cult status in the community, almost like Deep Breath - which got a tribute in the form of an achievement.
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

Not even close to GM Island. GM Island is west of Teldrassil in the Ocean and pre 4.0.1 players could get there but when 4.0.1 hit live the blue walls that appear at the end of the ocean now block you off so you cannot reach GM Island.

Here's a vid to get there if you want to know (this is the 3.3.5 way): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5ijQ2ezhwg

See there is the problem. That is not GM Island.

Click here for GM Island: http://wow.joystiq.com/2010/02/26/a-...e-player-jail/
    "Don't bother just to be better than your contemporaries or predecessors. Try to be better than yourself." ~William Faulkner
    "Ever look at the word 'Damage'? - It is clearly right in front of you...DA MAGE!"

Its a trap!!!

Deleted
    I know a friend of mine got help from a GM to enter OS at wotlk, the GM had to get there in person to help him (dont ask me why) and before GM teleported to my friend he looked where GM was (shift-click) and it showed "GM island", he took a printscreen and ive seen it myself, i could try to get it if you want. its on his old computer so there is a chance i cant get it though.. and no im not a troll!

During the 4.0.3a before cata was launched I wrote a gm ticket to try and get him to port me to archmage trials in azshara as alliance, apparently when he tried to do so, I was ported to gm island.

10+ Year Old Account
    i thought it was the island of misfit bliz employees.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Amazing. You have nothing to do now that people who aren't you have cleared Ulduar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    PS: Pandas are awesome.