Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Keosen View Post
    Levitate + VE
    I like the levitate change also and i love the fact that VE now last until canceled so i don't have to keep an eye on it again.
    Levitate change? I can't find anything out about this, do you mind filling me in?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by HeatM1ser View Post
    Levitate change? I can't find anything out about this, do you mind filling me in?
    Levitate has been changed from a 2 minute duration into a 10 minute duration. Don't really understand why anyone would care about such a thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Superkez View Post
    Levitate has been changed from a 2 minute duration into a 10 minute duration. Don't really understand why anyone would care about such a thing.
    Fishing.

And more seriously there are Cataclysm instances where Levitation is useful for damage avoidance. Perhaps there will be more in further tiers.

15+ Year Old Account
    OK so shadow got a buff to Mind Blast (needed) and Mind Sear (very much was needed as was the fix of it) but for some reason they nerfed our already bad mastery. I shouldn't be suprised about Blizzard doing this to us since they've been doing it since vanilla but seriously the worst RNG based mastery in the game gets a nerf....

Didn't they say they've buffed it by 16%? Or am I missing something?

Has anyone been doing some dps testing on the new mind blast?

Quote Originally Posted by zsun View Post

Apparently they did, and then nerfed it to lower than it was before, and nerfed Mind Sear back down.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably this is not true or i hope its not until a blue confirm it. at the end it makes no sense to buff it and then nerf it more than you buffed it at first

I can sort of see the change to Shadow Orbs in light of the new damage Mind Blast will be doing, but I am wondering if the change will reduce the buff from Empowered Shadows as well, since that would end up being quite a significant nerf to out main source of damage, DoTs.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

New version of simulationcraft came out yesterday with the "supposed" changes to Mind Blast and our Mastery values under the PTR setting. These are admittedly a best guess and may not be 100% accurate to what we will see in practice. I don't remember the exact DPETs of our spells but the changes netted about 4250 DPS, with Mind Blast having a DPET of around half of Devouring Plague and Vampiric Touch (30000-34000 DPET).

So they buffed mind sear by 15% then nerfed it by 30% and now the nerf our mastery by half. So basically We gained nothing. Sin and punishment still doesn't work if you dispel it off someone else...

Might as well re-roll to affliction at this rate.
    Last edited by zito; 2011-01-19 at 02:44 PM.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Well blizz specifically mentioned mind sear was too low so it'll definitely be buffed compared to live. Maybe it was a 30% nerf to our 15% buff, so in the end it only becomes a 10% buff.

Well blizz specifically mentioned mind sear was too low so it'll definitely be buffed compared to live. Maybe it was a 30% nerd to our 15% buff, so in the end it only becomes a 10% buff.
    That actually sounds more reasonable, or if they nerfed the base damage buff they added to it back down to where it was and left in the 15% scaling buff. We will need some testing to find out I suppose.

i see why they nerf mastery, but wont that make mastery useless, or much less wanted.
    the net dmg mind blast with orbs will do is probably the same, but the net gain from mastery is now lower then before.

i havent dont any math, but just reading the notes this is my impression.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamless
    Heh, ahh the internet. Where the 'glass is half full' and 'glass is half empty' people are both shouted down by the heaving masses of "WAAAAH! I WANT A FULL GLASS! WAAAAAAAH!'

Quote Originally Posted by Rtwo View Post
    i see why they nerf mastery, but wont that make mastery useless, or much less wanted.
    the net dmg mind blast with orbs will do is probably the same, but the net gain from mastery is now lower then before.
    The significant portion of mastery's value is Empowered Shadows. What we're lead to believe is instead of buffing Orb damage through mastery, they buffed Mind Blast directly across the board, so they didn't need to do anything to Mind Spike at all (nerfing it to counter a buff doesn't fix anything).

---------- Post added 2011-01-19 at 07:58 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    That actually sounds more reasonable, or if they nerfed the base damage buff they added to it back down to where it was and left in the 15% scaling buff. We will need some testing to find out I suppose.
    Agreed, this seems more likely, but we'll wait for the number crunchers.

Off-topic: I'm guessing still 2 weeks on PTR before this goes live.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Well blizz specifically mentioned mind sear was too low so it'll definitely be buffed compared to live. Maybe it was a 30% nerf to our 15% buff, so in the end it only becomes a 10% buff.
    # Mind Sear damage has been reduced by 30%. Now deals [ 104 to 113 ], down from [ 146 to 158 ].

No, judging by the above it is a real 30% nerf, simply look at the numbers provided.

The current notes on the mind blast change confuses me. If the damage us really half of that of vt, ie, hitting for 15k, then it is definitely gotta be somthing like a 150% buff... But notes says it's only 60%... Does anyone know exactly how much it is hitting on the ptr atm?

as soon as they give us a buff and give us a tiny bit of hope they slam us in the face with a nerf bat before the patch even goes live
    Proud Member of the United States Navy. Aviation Machinist Mate!

The current notes on the mind blast change confuses me. If the damage us really half of that of vt, ie, hitting for 15k, then it is definitely gotta be somthing like a 150% buff... But notes says it's only 60%... Does anyone know exactly how much it is hitting on the ptr atm?
    My mind blast is still hitting for less then mind spike. Not sure if the ptr is updated or not.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    # Mind Sear base damage has been increased by 60%, from [ 91 - 98 ] to [ 146 - 158 ]
    From build 13482 posted on the 11th.

Then there was this on the next parch:

Mind Sear can now be channeled on friendly targets in addition to enemy targets. In addition, Mind Sear's damage has been increased by roughly 15%.
    Then they added this change to it:

# Mind Sear damage has been reduced by 30%. Now deals [ 104 to 113 ], down from [ 146 to 158 ].
    So it looks like we got an overall buff of 15% scaling and the ability to channel it on friendly targets. I think. It's hard to keep up with all the changes and reverts and whatnot though.

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    # Mind Sear base damage has been increased by 60%, from [ 91 - 98 ] to [ 146 - 158 ]
    From build 13482 posted on the 11th.

Then there was this on the next parch:

Mind Sear can now be channeled on friendly targets in addition to enemy targets. In addition, Mind Sear's damage has been increased by roughly 15%.
    Then they added this change to it:

So it looks like we got an overall buff of 15% scaling and the ability to channel it on friendly targets. I think. It's hard to keep up with all the changes and reverts and whatnot though.
    Good point. The ability to channel it off a friendly target is a nice change as well, (which will also raise its damage slightly as it will be hitting an additional target.)