Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Lightbulb flawless tabard fix?

I havn't seen an idea like this mentioned before.. so here goes..

The last information about tabards I heard from Blizzard was from the Q&A:
    Q: When are we getting a tabard tab?
    A: We would like to do it, the only reason why we didn't do it yet is because we have click on-use tabards but we kinda want a dropdown or something.
    ok firstly,
    Make them learnable,
    Now the reasoning behind them not implementing this according to the q&a is that some tabards are usable.
    So the way to fix this is if the tabard has an effect or ability(like a teleport), make it so you 'learn' that spell too, as in, it goes in your spell book. AND add a condition (kinda like a reagent, but it isnt consumed and is a tabard.) to the effect or spell, that tabard has to be active for the effect or ability to work.

This would probably require a separate UI from the equipment pane, probably for both tabards and the effects and/or abilities they have.

If you like my idea.. Feel free to take my idea, steal it, call it your own, and/or bring it up with blizzard, my subscription ran out less than 5 minutes ago so I cant post it.
    xD

Happy Holidays.

This could be something they are thinking about, but you have to remember one thing. Things like this take resources and time. Time they could always put into creating more content / fixing various bugs. I'm one of the people who would love it if the tabards no longer took up bag space, but at the same time I realize that the resources doing that could be put elsewhere. It's not a big deal that it takes up bag space, just kind of annoying if you are a pack rat. None the less, a good suggestion. Just keep in mind that they are probably slowly working on things like that.

Make it learnable like pets and mounts, and accessable in a menu just like titles?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaillyn View Post
    Make it learnable like pets and mounts, and accessable in a menu just like titles?
    Precisely.

"Dude, why are you dead again?" "Because I'm raid-leading, doh..."
    Mess with the best, die like the rest...
    >>>Goes by name Samyaza<<<

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why would you even want a tabard tab?
    What doesn't kill you only pisses you off...
    Thundar - Level 80 Restoration Shaman Kazzak EU - Officer of The Forgotten Souls

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Quandrix View Post
    To get 30 free bag slots.

The same reason one would want a mount or companion tab. Because some people actually have more than 1 or 2 and would like them to be part of their collection without taking up too much bagspace.

Quote Originally Posted by Quandrix View Post
    Because some people have a LOT of tabards? They take up space in your bags/bank,

Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    Because some people have a LOT of tabards? They take up space in your bags/bank,
    Exactly, I got 30+ tabards or so.. And there clogging up my bank. I dont wear most but its nice to swap around now and then. Id like a new tabard tab in the game.

I can't wait for them to implement something like this. With cata I now have about 10 or 15 tabards taking up bank slots b/c I can't delete them (and rebuy them if needed) like most of the rep tabards.

Where to buy super gigantic bags for my bank so I might actually have some room at some point. XD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    They don't have to. Any tabard you've ever owned can be bought from a tabard vendor at any time, so whenever you want to use a certain tabard just go visit a tabard vendor and sell it when you want to use another.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SeabeastRivin View Post
    They don't have to. Any tabard you've ever owned can be bought from a tabard vendor at any time, so whenever you want to use a certain tabard just go visit a tabard vendor and sell it when you want to use another.
    While this is true for the most part, it's not 100% accurate. You can't buy back the tabard from SM for one, and Sporeggar still requires the glowcaps. I'm sure some of the cheevo/pvp tabards are the same way, but I'm not 100% sure on that part.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sockgoblin View Post
    While this is true for the most part, it's not 100% accurate. You can't buy back the tabard from SM for one, and Sporeggar still requires the glowcaps. I'm sure some of the cheevo/pvp tabards are the same way, but I'm not 100% sure on that part.
    You could reduce it to the handful of ones that can't be/are more difficult to buy back, at least.

1)Tabards are learnable. They are in a same menu as pets and mounts.
    2)Using the tabard from a menu is a short cast time and creates an appropriate tabard item in your inventory.
    3)The created tabard is wearable as previously and has the use effect as appropriate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Same goes for most pets, atleast the ones from your faction. Yet they made a tab for those. Even if there are far more pets than tabards, I want my tabard tab nooooow >< My bank/bag space could serve a better purpose! Like, mats when grinding or quest items.
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Badhairday View Post
    Same goes for most pets, atleast the ones from your faction. Yet they made a tab for those. Even if there are far more pets than tabards, I want my tabard tab nooooow >< My bank/bag space could serve a better purpose! Like, mats when grinding or quest items.
    Not saying a tabard tab is a bad idea, by the way, just pointing out a workaround for now that people may not know about.

Quote Originally Posted by Weerra View Post
    1)Tabards are learnable. They are in a same menu as pets and mounts.
    2)Using the tabard from a menu is a short cast time and creates an appropriate tabard item in your inventory.
    3)The created tabard is wearable as previously and has the use effect as appropriate.
    Edit: wait wait, create the item in you inventory? isnt that a bit complicated? =/

---------- Post added 2010-12-26 at 10:25 AM ----------

Not saying a tabard tab is a bad idea, by the way, just pointing out a workaround for now that people may not know about.
    people do know about it lol.. every thread about the tabard issue atleast a couple people will say you can just resell them or w.e.. your advice is appreciated though.
    how about you discuss the validity of my idea. =)
    this thread is about my idea to fix the problem
    Last edited by xenath; 2010-12-25 at 09:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tag of Fire View Post
    The same reason one would want a mount or companion tab. Because some people actually have more than 1 or 2 and would like them to be part of their collection without taking up too much bagspace.
    Why not a gear tab? how is it possible that im running around with several weapons in my small little bag..

Quote Originally Posted by Missbenedict View Post
    Why not a gear tab? how is it possible that im running around with several weapons in my small little bag..
    it is possible to implement.. but you have to take into account BoA items.. they kinda complicate things, but I guess there would be a way around it.

I am sure that is something they want to do eventually but not at the top of the list atm.