View Poll Results: New design team or not ?

Voters
103. This poll is closed
  • I love Ghost crawler he is super awesome

59 57.28%
  • I would love to see better designers given a shot

44 42.72%
Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

New WOW design team ? What do you think

I am among some of the people who not happy with the current design team on World of Warcraft. I don't like that there are major class changes and nerfs every single patch . I dont like how there is massive game play changes every patch and literally the game is completely altered between expansions . Many of my friends have quit over the years because of class changes or gameplay changes and that really makes me mad sorry to say.

Personally if I was in charge of Blizzard I would totally replace the design team they have now . It is apparent to me they have no idea how to balance classes and every patch is a shot in the dark . I mean how do you ignore complaining from the whole community about a certain class dominating pvp for example with a response like " we are monitoring the data " . Don't get me wrong I love this game and they have done a lot of stuff right in fact most of it but I think the game could be a LOT better and it's time for fresh blood .

What do you guys think ??

10+ Year Old Account
    I personally think you have no clue whatsoever how to run a company like Blizzard, nor how to develop a game in terms of balance. If you can make it better you can do it by posting suggestions in the official forums or apply to Blizzard for that matter.

That you are not happy with the game and moan about it without posting constructive suggestions is as useful as pissing into the wind when it blows towards you.

Deleted
    If you really don't like all those ups and downs in the game, you may want to find some other game - I'm not sure though.

Usually one who claims they're better than the other will most likely fail to do better. "Buff warriors, nerf mages", I see Blizzard's changes as a way to balance the game :-)

-93sika

I never claimed I could design a better game but I know there are better game designers out there . Sorry I guess to many hardcore fanboys on this forums . I said I like the game for the most part ....so your telling me you like having your class changed every single patch ?

Quote Originally Posted by Elite Peon View Post
    I am among some of the people who not happy with the current design team on World of Warcraft. I don't like that there are major class changes and nerfs every single patch . I dont like how there is massive game play changes every patch and literally the game is completely altered between expansions . Many of my friends have quit over the years because of class changes or gameplay changes and that really makes me mad sorry to say.

Personally if I was in charge of Blizzard I would totally replace the design team they have now . It is apparent to me they have no idea how to balance classes and every patch is a shot in the dark . I mean how do you ignore complaining from the whole community about a certain class dominating pvp for example with a response like " we are monitoring the data " . Don't get me wrong I love this game and they have done a lot of stuff right in fact most of it but I think the game could be a LOT better and it's time for fresh blood .

What do you guys think ??
    Another one of these "I make it better but I dont have a fucking idea how it works" The new team would do the same thing if they had a brain.

And how do you know there are better designers? You think blizzard just hire scurbpeople like you for shit and giggles? There may be designers taht have different ideas and do some things better but I am sure blizzard has some of the best.
    and yes I am happy that blizzard tries to do something to improve the game. Sure some things go wrong but they have alto to deal with and do. I have been very angry at plenty of things and wondered how they thought in different situation but I do not doubt that every team would amke such mistakes in such a massive game.
    Last edited by jaksan; 2011-01-20 at 11:47 AM.

I'm pretty satisfied with how it has worked out.
    Altought the recent sudden changes (4.0.6). Could have been inplented with Cata, just sayin'.

But i won't vote that i love Ghostcrawler. Afterall, he won't nerf Mages.

10+ Year Old Account
    I never claimed I could design a better game but I know there are better game designers out there . Sorry I guess to many hardcore fanboys on this forums . I said I like the game for the most part ....so your telling me you like having your class changed every single patch ?
    - Name the better game designers and tell us why they would do a better job.
    - Name the changes that you think are not making the game more balanced.

Criticism is good. If its constructive. This thread is pure moaning.

i dont mind the changes in every patch but i dont like the weak voice acting in this game compared to new games and im sick of metzen being the voice actor for every single thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not doing this poll. This guys is real and I don't want him to lose his job.

erm yes i like my class beeing changed.

Or would you like it to be ALWAYS in the back of the bus?
    On a sidenote, imagine mages were the best DD´s out there through all the expansions.
    Do you have an idea how much mages we would have by now?

I don't see major class changes with every patch at all. The biggest changes on PTR currently are ret paladin and unholy DK masteries. Other things are changes in numbers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by reemi View Post
    I'm not doing this poll. This guys is real and I don't want him to lose his job.

Well what are the chances he'll lose his job due to an poll on a website?

On topic, it's a very very difficult process of balancing something with such an enormous scope of variables as WoW is... almost, or actually not almost but probably an impossible job, and tbh think WoW has it handled better then any other game
    Last edited by mmoc45ea55735c; 2011-01-20 at 12:04 PM.

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
    So you REALLY believe that anyone can hop on board a mmo with a player base this large, that spans all across the planet, and start redisgning this thing to come up with a better way then ppl who have been at it for years?

uncle Jimbo: you tell em Ned!

Ned: mmmdelusional thoughts from fantasy island.

I got a news flash for you buddy, all anyone of them can do at this point, is try to deal with what comes up the best they can, and try to apply lessons learned. 'Fresh blood' in a 'clean sweep', simply means more noobs with no idea wtf is going on.
    I may not respect GC's every movment and word, but i do respect that he's got a hell of a job, it certainly entails more then pissing and moaning on a message board.
    Whatever it all entails he also has to deal with the likes of this community, which we all know could make jesus wear kittens as boxing gloves and go round punching babies with puppies for eyes.

I just find it hard to believe that people like the fact that so many class changes go through in this game every single patch . I mean tes you get used to the changes but imagine you started playing a class and it fundamentally stayed the same all the time ?? For example I loved playing my hunter in WOTLK now I HATE the class changes and will not level him . I don't like the energy/rage mechanics in this game and for that reason i don't have a rogue or a warrior max level so why do I have so many years have to play one of my favorite class with those mechanics ??

New content is awesome ...I love that about this game but fundamental class changes are really frustrating to me I guess im alone .

For example I loved playing my hunter in WOTLK now I HATE the class changes and will not level him . I don't like the energy/rage mechanics in this game and for that reason i don't have a rogue or a warrior max level so why do I have so many years have to play one of my favorite class with those mechanics ??
    This change came with an whole expansion. Those changes don't happen in every patch as you said in your OP.

It's amusing how soon you've forgotten how much things were changed after WOTLK was released. Based on your senseless QQ, I'd guess you weren't even around back then.

Blizzard will balance things as they see fit, this will happen more right after an expansion has been released. It has always been like that, and always will.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    It's amusing how soon you've forgotten how much things were changed after WOTLK was released. Based on your senseless QQ, I'd guess you weren't even around back then.
    Try again I've been playing since almost the start of vanilla .

I would like to see new cave designs, not the same re-used models over and over. If they would do that, that would more than satisfy me.

I think a whole cave zone would be pretty epic.

Try again I've been playing since almost the start of vanilla .
    Then, how come you don't know these things?

Deleted
    I think it would be interesting. Not really necessary.

Still baffled by the PTR nonetheless. Classic Blizzard kneejerk balancing right there.