Ascendent Council Melee: Phase 3

Doing Ascedent Council Normal mode with 1 Rogue, 1 Frost DK and rest ranged dps.
    First 2 phases are fine, Melee slack a little in second phase due to more movement but still get them all down ~25%.
    When it gets to the 3rd phase though we are really having trouble meeting the dps requirements before the damage becomes unhealable. From a melee perspective how do you guys do the last phase? Do you stand on the tank as he kites or stand behind the boss and get hit by the water puddles?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Edit: 10man.
    Last edited by Zaros; 2011-01-20 at 11:19 PM.

My guild starts by tanking the boss in the center of the room, then kites him in a tight spiral around the first puddle that goes down, slowly creating a puddle spiral outwards from the center. The melee stand on the back left corner of the boss, on the outside of the spiral. The puddles, if you move out of them quickly, don't get big enough to hit the melee standing at the edge of his hitbox. It takes some practice, but if executed properly, nobody ever takes puddle damage.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by whitewing View Post
    My guild starts by tanking the boss in the center of the room, then kites him in a tight spiral around the first puddle that goes down, slowly creating a puddle spiral outwards from the center. The melee stand on the back left corner of the boss, on the outside of the spiral. The puddles, if you move out of them quickly, don't get big enough to hit the melee standing at the edge of his hitbox. It takes some practice, but if executed properly, nobody ever takes puddle damage.
    Yeah this is right. Just did them again on 25 tonight and it worked first go no problem. Just need your meele to have a brain and expect the puddles and your ranged to be spread around the circle in the centre of the room.

How long is your P3 going before the damage becomes unhealable. If you are not making it past 60 seconds you likely have some spreading out issues. I don't know what the health is in 10 man starting at p3, but 25 it's ~18 mil. What we had to do for our first kill (pre nerf) was to split the melee into 2 groups 1 for each leg. Then we had to assign spots to all of the ranged and healers. It took telling the range they could not move even if the boss was out of range. The reason for this is the chain lighting doesn't seem to stop after a few targets. One person out of position can chain it to almost everyone in the room. We chose to put all of the ranged in the middle 10 yards apart and kite him around the outside. This was so melee could stack up on each leg with out having to stand in the puddles. The start listed above also works, and I have seen it go well for 10 and 25 kills. You just have to make sure as few people are getting chained as possible and take your time. You will get it done.

Monstrosity has about 4m ish.. on 10m mode. We are lasting about 50sec - 1:15. We had attempts down to 100k last night but it gets to hard and people start dropping like flies at that stage. I'll try the strat where we kite him round the middle as the melee dps are struggling to stay out of the puddles if we kite aruond the edge.

Pre nerf we just stood in pool and dpsed boss on 25 men,DPS gain was huge,we even got ach tho

follow the boss on the side? be in front if you have to. just avoid taking damage you don't need to take :P

Quote Originally Posted by fangless View Post
    follow the boss on the side? be in front if you have to. just avoid taking damage you don't need to take :P
    Gotta love 'Raiding 101'

15+ Year Old Account
    We start by tanking him in the center of the room, and spiraling outwards as the circles spawn so we have the least movement and maximum room to DPS him. He's pretty easy if you do this.
    Just make sure your melee is moving out of it. Have them follow to the side, heck, even getting parried a few times is worth the damage you'll do by not being dead.

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE