Page 1 of 17
... LastLast

Do you judge people by the race or class they play?

After reading Boub's lil um..."joke" on the front page...

"Refusing good guides just because there was something slightly better or because it didn't match the few criteria I had is like resurrecting a gnome in a raid, it really really sucks but you know you have to do it anyway."

I started thinking about something. Do you judge people based on their race/class? Like in RFD if you joined a group with a Blood Elf DK do you automatically assume that their gonna be awful? Or is the race and class they play something you barely notice or care about?

For me? Races I usually don't even notice. I don't go "Ugg a Belf" or "Ew a Gnome" I just kind of glance at their character and it never comes to mind. CLASSES though is different story. Due to the many, many, many, terrible, TERRIBLE, awful, disgraceful encounters with DKs in the Dungeon Finder I always do a quick gear/talent check to get a feel for what I'm in for. Most times they're fine, but this one time we wiped on the first HoO boss cuz of low deeps so I gear checked our DK. He was mostly unholy and every thing else was poured into the Blood tree where he grabbed EVERY tanking talent he could find. And sadly he was also unaware of the fact that he had a permanent Ghoul ^_^' After a bit of Coaching we did get by the boss, but its times like those that make me become a dirty Classist bastard against DKs. Okay well I'm not THAT mean to them. Just wary. *shiftyeyes*

Okay so how about chu guys?

EDIT: And as levandor has said, the NAMES of toons can also be a factor.
    Last edited by Bombkirby; 2011-01-19 at 05:45 AM.

Go look at official forums and tell me druids aren't the most spoiled players.
    "The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." - Aristotle

10+ Year Old Account
    I find most Orks are bad players and Bloodelves to be usually good players. I dont judge players on there class though, just through RFD iv encountered bad Ork players, whilst trolls and tauren to be REALLY good and goblins to be average. I play forsaken and usually they are pretty good, usually find undead warlocks, mages and preists to be pretty good, more so than any other caster race.

Why would anyone who isn't a total asshole play an Undead Rogue?
    Life is short Glory is eternal

Quote Originally Posted by Kivimetsan View Post
    I find most Orks are bad players and Bloodelves to be usually good players. I dont judge players on there class though, just through RFD iv encountered bad Ork players, whilst trolls and tauren to be REALLY good and goblins to be average. I play forsaken and usually they are pretty good, usually find undead warlocks, mages and preists to be pretty good, more so than any other caster race.
    *Orcs :3

Hmm interesting lil' pattern you've got there. I can't find a consistent pattern between good and bad players and the races they play.

Quote Originally Posted by Kivimetsan View Post
    I'm surprised at this.

Another note: I automatically assume anyone playing a forsaken rogue is d-bag.

if you answer yes to either one you are both ignorant and prejudice.
    OT: no and no.

Quote Originally Posted by jaelrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrenos View Post
    I hear this a LOT. XD I'm assuming its true. I'll keep a lookout for them Undead Rogues next time I see one. Usually they're silent for me.

Rather by Class and Name, DKs, Hunters and Retri Paladins get a close look,
    and i am rather fast in giving those classes a kick vote, just to many bad eggs here,
    and i dont want to discuss for 10+ minutes if 3K DPS are enough or not for Heroic Grim Batol.

Nex thing is by name Deadarthas is rather easily kicked, same goes for names like "Huntermale" Hunterman" "Deathman" "Killerman" (yes seen ALL of em! i am pushed enough to put toons named like that on Igno first, asking questions later, even if i only see them riding by in OG)

Quote Originally Posted by maldias View Post
    if you answer yes to either one you are both ignorant and prejudice.
    OT: no and no.
    Awww come on. Maybe something a taaaaaad more detailed. Surely you have a revetting experience/story to share with us?

10+ Year Old Account
    Not really.. gnomes might be a little silly but if they can play I don't care, human hunters weird me out... But I hate anyone who has a worgen and is named worgenfreemen or any variation of this, I hate them more than life itself.
    Signatures are overrated.

I only judge Male Blood Elves.... No matter the class.... If you play a Male BElf, I will roll a Pally and attack you with Judgement.

Quote Originally Posted by levandor View Post
    Rather by Class and Name, DKs, Hunters and Retri Paladins get a close look,
    and i am rather fast in giving those classes a kick vote, just to many bad eggs here,
    and i dont want to discuss for 10+ minutes if 3K DPS are enough or not for Heroic Grim Batol.

Nex thing is by name Deadarthas is rather easily kicked, same goes for names like "Huntermale" Hunterman" "Deathman" "Killerman" (yes seen ALL of em! i am pushed enough to put toons named like that on Igno first, asking questions later, even if i only see them riding by in OG)
    Hmm yeah names are a good one. I'll add that.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jaelrin View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Herrenos View Post
    Hahaha... I'd like to hear some elaboration on this, lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulqiorra View Post
    If you equate playing WoW to having electricity, I feel very, very happy for the rest of the world, as that kind of thinking will, inevitably, lead to the eradication of your seed from the gene pool.
    WoW Toons: Duskwind (retired)/Duskrime (retired)
    Diablo 3 Profile

In low level PVP brackets I do with Hunters and Rogues. I look at them as requiring little to no skill. I have a Rogue at 80, so I've been there before, one shotting people with ambush of course.

15+ Year Old Account
    Not really. I'll look at everyone's character of course to see how that person decided to create the character (appearance wise), but beyond that I don't really notice the person's class/race.

However, i think there are several times when I get judge for being a blood elf hunter. :\ Like when people make a comment of "omg a hunter who uses tranq shot!" or they single me out after explaining the boss tactics ("do you understand hunter that you have to kill the adds?!?").

Quote Originally Posted by lol View Post
    Not really.. gnomes might be a little silly but if they can play I don't care, human hunters weird me out... But I hate anyone who has a worgen and is named worgenfreemen or any variation of this, I hate them more than life itself.
    But Worgenfreman is awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Desamorix View Post
    I only judge Male Blood Elves.... No matter the class....
    Same for me. Usually on low level horde toons I play, male blood elves are not usually played by the brightest of players. Just my experiences.

Like this one time I was in a random SM group with this blood elf. Someone had leveled up in the group and the blood elf yelled "GRATS!!" I responded "I think that was the pet..." So how is that stupid? The blood elf was the hunter.......

Also, I used to judge dwarf hunters harshly because my friend, who played a dwarf hunter, was always an ass to me. So I always had this cringe against dwarf hunters. My friend has shaped up since then, but I've still had bad dwarf hunter experience - usually in my guild or PuGs.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I find all Draenei, Night Elves, Dwarves, Gnomes, Worgen and Humans to be EXTREMELY OBNOXIOUS.

Could be because I play Horde on a PvP server or could be that they're *all* obnoxious IRL too!

Yes I do

Paladins/dk's =idiot facerollers
    Druids/shaman = Layed back carefree hippies
    Mages/hunter = greedy
    Rogues/warlocks = assholes
    warrior/priest = elitist

I also discriminate against midget races.