Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Faction mounts for everyone!

Well I had an idea awhile back and I thought maybe I would share it with the MMO Champ community.

The Idea was to take the neutral Goblin Factions or even just one of them, like Booty Bay. Give them a Mount Vendor that has the opposing factions mounts. Raising your Reputation status to exalted will allow access to these mounts! The idea came from the Horde Faction receiving the new Goblin mounts and the Alliance faction getting....well nothing from Worgen!

so horde who grind rep for this faction will get nothing?
    im sry, i just dont see the point.

Derailed the Cereal Thread

Deleted
    then they aren't faction mounts it will make them just mounts

Quote Originally Posted by bak00777 View Post
    so horde who grind rep for this faction will get nothing?
    im sry, i just dont see the point.
    Horde will be able to do the same to gain access to Alliance mounts.

If Goblins are able to make a deal with the elements to become Shaman, then why can't they make this same kind of deal?

10+ Year Old Account
    bad idea, though i'd love to ride around on a nelf mount
    Lained - 60 Shaman | Lainedtv - 60 Druid | Lainedz - 60 Paladin

Quote Originally Posted by Agallochh View Post
    bad idea, though i'd love to ride around on a nelf mount
    I don't understand why this is a bad idea? What about those people trying to get their 100 Mount achievement? It wasn't a bad idea to make it easier for horde to get it than it was for Alliance to get it?

Deleted
    They better start putting some cats on dat dere cell tech for my Tauren then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally I like this idea, but I can see where it wouldnt work, I would love a worg mount

Quote Originally Posted by Fantarius View Post
    I don't understand why this is a bad idea? What about those people trying to get their 100 Mount achievement? It wasn't a bad idea to make it easier for horde to get it than it was for Alliance to get it?
    Stop, please lets not make this another one of those threads
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightfist View Post
    Though, for future reference, I prefer ACTUAL seals. Baby ones. Delicious, delicious baby seals...I mean, uhh...*smoke bomb*
    There's a fine line between not listening, and not caring, I like to think I cross that line every day of my life

It's always been easier for one faction to get certain achievements than the other--see Loremaster, where the two factions have differing numbers of faction-specific quests in their chains for each region. Honestly +2 mounts is handy for Horde doing Mountain of Mounts, but doesn't break the achievement for the Alliance. So... meh. Faction mounts are part of the Horde vs. Alliance flavor. I don't need a Stormwind horse if I have an awesome skeletal horse (or like 10... lol).

Well I had an idea awhile back and I thought maybe I would share it with the MMO Champ community.

The Idea was to take the neutral Goblin Factions or even just one of them, like Booty Bay. Give them a Mount Vendor that has the opposing factions mounts. Raising your Reputation status to exalted will allow access to these mounts! The idea came from the Horde Faction receiving the new Goblin mounts and the Alliance faction getting....well nothing from Worgen!
    Alliance had more mounts than horde before cataclysm, now it is even.

Deleted
    So Alliance have 2 less mounts, I don't see the problem at all. It wasn't hard in Wotlk and it certainly isn't hard now. According to Warcraftmounts.com, Alliance have 174 mounts avaliable to them and Horde have 176, this is non-inclusive of the discontinued mounts such as the Amani War Bear and Zulian Tiger. Also if you're struggling, make sure you get the Argent Tournament mounts they help a ton.

I was kinda hoping to bring in a new achievement, such as 150 (a little high?) or something, would be a challenge but im on 127 mounts at the moment and no recognition for the extra 27, /sigh.
    Last edited by mmoc38da420f28; 2011-01-21 at 11:42 PM.

god, im so sick of people saying that the amt of mounts need to be even again. Its not that hard to get the mount achv anymore, there are alot of mounts allrdy.

Besides the alliance was ahead for years. And it doesnt rly make sense for Gilneas to give out faction mounts, lorewise all their people either became worgen or fled, they dont rly have a need for their own type of mount.

plus giving players of one faction a chance to buy all the opposing faction's mounts just seems to make the game even more homoginized, different is good.

Derailed the Cereal Thread

Deleted
    1. The total number of mounts available atm is closer to 150 then it is to 100 and with all the new mounts added in Cata it has allready become fairly easy to get to 100
    2. Horde got 2 new mounts (1 rare trike, 1 epic trike) and that's only because alliance had 2 more mounts before Cata came out. In other words: Both factions have exactly the same amount of mounts now.

10+ Year Old Account
    And while we're at it why dont we all just sit around a campfire singing songs together,unite into 1 giant faction called Order of the Carebears and our logo will be a shiny unicorn standing on a mountain of pretty flowers. >.>

all of the faction mounts count as over 20-30 or so mounts dont they? so you wanna add this much mounts on each side?

this would turn the 100 mount achiev into a totally trivial matter :>

nononono raptors and skeletal horse mounts for horde - ponys and kittys for alliance thats just the way it has to be!

I could use some more rams for my troll. The idea needs some more polishing, but I like it.
    uǝʞoɹq sı ɹǝʇndɯoɔ ʎɯ ʞuıɥʇ ı

No. Bad idea. Everyone would get 100 mounts really easily, and there wouldn't be a reason to choose a faction, really. I hate the way that they're basically making all classes be like eachother in every aspect... Please don't make the factions the same way :P

Sure, just no faction tabard. They made ambassador easier (or cheaper if you did cloth turn ins) to get now, my spesshul title, thy peasantry has obtained it with ease and are dirtying it with their grimy peasant hands, twot twot!

If they're gonna let opposite faction get faction mount, it should be way tougher.

Kinda a bad idea, really we dont need evry faction getting every other factions mounts. Dont get what the big deal is for the goblin trike anyway, its just a bigger cycle. And really the "Hoardz have 2 moar ez mounts for achievment" yaaaa Im totally sure that if an alliance player were to get every mount they can, that they would only need 2 more for it.... Dont try to hide bruised faction egos behind stupid excuses.

Really the deal with faction hate and mounts has changed SO often. Srsly not a single damn mount can be put into this game without one side bitching about it...

But meh one of the things I have learned about crying to Blizz is that they almost always listen to the crying if it is about mounts. *cough* brewfest kodo *cough*
    I AM the world's first Shadow Mage.

Well the idea wasn't based on the achievement. It was based on the fact that I would love to get my hands on the horde mounts. It was just an idea to allow Alliance Players to have some or all of the horde mounts and vise versa. But make it something you have to earn, personally I think 1 Faction is far to easy. I was thinking more along the lines of all the neutral Goblin factions, maybe even a couple others.

I do see where some of you saying that it would just make the 100 Mount achievement far to easy. I do agree and maybe I should have divulged this earlier but adding a higher tier achievement would be awesome too, 150 Mounts anyone? I like the idea and I think some constructive feedback could polish and make the idea even greater!