Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    With the amount of hit required the casters that can use spirit for hit have to use spirit for hit, this means boomkins, spriests, and ele shams. I actually don't even have a single piece of gear that has hit on my shaman, it's all spirit, and I prefer to have spirit and not hit rating.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saethwyr View Post
    Boomkin, Elem Shammy and Shadowpriest all have a valid reason to roll on Spirit gear.
    There is a 1:1 conversion rate from spirit to hit in their talents.
    So for them Spirit=Hit just spelt differently.
    Thats my opinion anyways
    :P
    you are absolutely right and with high amount of hit rating required its a dam good thing that hey have it and why mages and lock are hit starved

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    If they gave all casters a spirit=hit conversion then healers would just whine more. I am so thankful to be in a guild as a boomkin where everyone understands the spirit=hit and the resto druids understand that they share the loot with me. Face it, would you rather there be two sets of drops, effectively halving your chance to get the item you want to even drop or have to roll/bid against someone? The less shit we have to shard at this point in the game, the better.

As long as healers aren't going oom in a fight (even if this means blowing all cds), they have enough spirit. Whereas if a dps isn't hit capped, they do significantly less damage and prolong an encounter, and the longer a fight lasts the more likely a healer will eventually go oom, an enrage will occur, or people will begin to make mistakes. I never innervate healers anymore, they just don't need it unless they've been rezzed or are fresh 85s with less than desirable gear.
    Quote from: Thallidomaniac on March 28, 2010, 05:56:24 am
    Our characters are wearing the same pair of underwear, since like, Level 1. Damn that's unsanitary as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    They wouldn't have to make gear without spirit either. Then everyone would have spirit on every piece of gear and be way over hitcap.
    Uh, rethink that comment. Every Elemental Shaman will reforge spirit to mastery/haste if they are over the hit cap. Why wouldn't Warlocks/Mages do the same if their classes had automatic spirit to hit conversion? HEY ZEUS.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eruu View Post
    That's the problem as I see it. A DPS who gains hit from spirit has both hit gear and spirit gear available to chose from, a healer has only spirit. I thought the intention of this change was to make it easier for healers to respec DPS without having to change their gear around so much?
    Please read my comparison post before you claim there is hit gear available.

But you are correct on the intention of the change. And it works wonders! But it still doesn't exclude Shadow from rolling on spirit.

Quote Originally Posted by gnlogic View Post
    you are absolutely right and with high amount of hit rating required its a dam good thing that hey have it and why mages and lock are hit starved
    If your mage or lock is hit starved, they are doing it wrong. There are mages and locks in my guild who are re-forging hit off their gear because they have too much.

Isn't it nice to be able to use the same gear for both healing and DPS?

Quote Originally Posted by Ivanow View Post
    Spirit benefits from BoK/MotW, making spirit better stat than hit.
    WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG! Check the tooltip imo.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbabyjd View Post
    Wow, I didn't even realize Warlocks and Mages do not have a talent that converts spirit to hit. Blizzard failed once again. They should make spirit convert to hit for Warlocks and Mages in ANY TREE. That would solve this debacle.
    And just make spirit cloth? While it would solve the "problem" (it really isn't) of having 2 different cloth sets (hit and spirit), it would mean that 3 classes, 9 (NINE!) specs would have to roll on the same gear.

Spirit Cloth - 1 class, 3 specs.
    Hit Cloth - 3 classes, 7 specs.
    DPS Leather - 2 classes, 4 (+ feral tank) specs.
    Spirit Leather - 1 class, 2 specs.
    DPS Mail - 2 classes, 4 specs.
    Spirit Mail - 1 class, 2 specs.
    DPS Plate - 3 classes, 5 specs.
    Tank Plate - 3 classes, 3 specs.

Spirit Accessories - 4 classes, 8 specs.
    Hit+Int Accessories - 5 classes, 9 specs.
    Agi Accessories - 4 classes, 8 specs (+ feral tank).
    Str Accessories - 3 classes, 5 specs.
    Tank Accessories - 4 classes, 4 specs.

As you can see, hit cloth (and accessories) are used by the highest amount of classes and specs, but the loot is pretty equally distributed in raids (at least 25 mans), except for tanking items, because you only use 3 tanks in a 25 man, but other than that it seems to work just fine. If there was no hit cloth, or no hit gear at all (except for agi/str gear) then there would be way too many people rolling on them, resulting in either:
    - Half the raid being undergeared when you start working on heroic progress, or
    - Blizzard having to increase the drop chance (or quantity) of spirit items that drop.
    Neither of which are any good ideas. I'd rather keep having hit cloth, thank you very much.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eruu View Post
    That's the problem as I see it. A DPS who gains hit from spirit has both hit gear and spirit gear available to chose from, a healer has only spirit. I thought the intention of this change was to make it easier for healers to respec DPS without having to change their gear around so much?
    They do have hit cloth, but not hit leather or mail so some of us spirit=hit folks don't have a choice. And no they didn't put this in the game to allow for respeccing more easily, they did it to reduce loot tables. So instead of there being caster leather with mp5 and caster leather with hit, theres just caster leather now and less gear is wasted because more people can use it.

Also in response to above, as a spirit=hit, I try to avoid those stats on jewelery/weapons/oh whenever possible. I am basically hit capped on gear alone so I try to allow people that can only use hit to get first dibs on items that have it since I can get it another way.
    Last edited by parkerlynne; 2011-01-23 at 09:41 PM.
    Quote from: Thallidomaniac on March 28, 2010, 05:56:24 am
    Our characters are wearing the same pair of underwear, since like, Level 1. Damn that's unsanitary as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by xcitu View Post
    Heads up!
    Having a talent that gives spirit = hit is NOT, I repeat NOT, a valid reason to need on a spirit piece when a healer needs it! ARH /rage
    So all your Elemental Shamans and Balance Druids should forgo their Armor Specialization for Cloth items with hit? Just looked on Wowhead and using only jewelery, weapons, and offhands(no wands since druids and shamans can't use either and no trinkets shown up in the list) put me at 668 hit rating, no where near enough to be hit capped for raids. If I threw in main pieces(chest, legs, and etc) with hit I could get there while losing my 5% int bonus. So not worth it.

I'll stick with my spirit>hit talent and gear accordingly.

I still don't think caster dps can't need on spirit gear when a healer needs it. Healer benefits more from spirit, casters can still get hit rating gear which is of no use to healers.
    They can but outside of Priests I'd be hard pressed to find a full set of jewelery that would give me hit cap while keeping my armor specialization bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectrez View Post
    Regen mana...? All casters benefit from spirit, it's not like it's a waste to give it to a non-healer.
    Which is useless when in combat. 5000 spirit is still zero regen for a Mage/Warlock when in combat. All that spirit does is lower downtime.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathonjar View Post
    plus they can reforge spirit so.....
    Hate people that writes this.. Or, just dislike them... Seems like they're not aware that you can only reforge 40% of a stat, so if you're a mage, for example, don't roll on spirit gear.

I roll on it, some of my healing pieces are also used in my set for shadow, have like 1 item with actual hit on it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectrez View Post
    It IS a 1 = 1 conversion. Look it up. If I have 600 spirit, I have 600 hit rating. All casters need spirit gear, stop saying spirit gear is for priests only.
    It may be, for your toon, as it has that talent. Mages do not have any spirit talents, and it's useless to use. So maybe you should learn casters before speaking to "all casters" and what they should be using. That said, while I don't go for spirit gear as a rule, if it's an upgrade over what I have, I'm still rolling on it.

Shadowpriest tier has spirit, and no hit. Unless I'm mistaken, so do Boomkin/Ele Shaman tier.

When Spriests/Ele shamans/boomkins need hit, they gem spirit.

Spirit does NOT = healer item. Sure, in guild runs, maybe you might want to be considerate and pass to healers since most of the fights are really healer-intensive, but still, its fair game. It would be incredibly hard for Boomkins and Ele shamans to reach the hit cap if they weren't allowed to roll on gear with spirit.

I have a healer and I've DPS take spirit gear over me, I initially was a little annoyed, but then I thought if I were an elemental shaman, a boomkin, or a shadow priest, I would have done the same. And now I'm over it.

Just started healing on my priest and I find it so fucking annoying that cloth dps/caster dps needs on my fucking items. Spirit = heals.

Heads up!
    Having a talent that gives spirit = hit is NOT, I repeat NOT, a valid reason to need on a spirit piece when a healer needs it! ARH /rage
    Yes it is.

Spirit equals hit rating for some DPS.

Deleted
    AFAIK ele shammies shadow priests and boomkins can roll for spirit gear since it gives them hitrating,
    but I sometimes wonder is it really that hard to get hitcapped if you can just use reforge instead?

Quote Originally Posted by Avalya View Post
    And just make spirit cloth? While it would solve the "problem" (it really isn't) of having 2 different cloth sets (hit and spirit), it would mean that 3 classes, 9 (NINE!) specs would have to roll on the same gear.

Spirit Cloth - 1 class, 3 specs.
    Hit Cloth - 3 classes, 7 specs.
    DPS Leather - 2 classes, 4 (+ feral tank) specs.
    Spirit Leather - 1 class, 2 specs.
    DPS Mail - 2 classes, 4 specs.
    Spirit Mail - 1 class, 2 specs.
    DPS Plate - 3 classes, 5 specs.
    Tank Plate - 3 classes, 3 specs.

Spirit Accessories - 4 classes, 8 specs.
    Hit+Int Accessories - 5 classes, 9 specs.
    Agi Accessories - 4 classes, 8 specs (+ feral tank).
    Str Accessories - 3 classes, 5 specs.
    Tank Accessories - 4 classes, 4 specs.

As you can see, hit cloth (and accessories) are used by the highest amount of classes and specs, but the loot is pretty equally distributed in raids (at least 25 mans), except for tanking items, because you only use 3 tanks in a 25 man, but other than that it seems to work just fine. If there was no hit cloth, or no hit gear at all (except for agi/str gear) then there would be way too many people rolling on them, resulting in either:
    - Half the raid being undergeared when you start working on heroic progress, or
    - Blizzard having to increase the drop chance (or quantity) of spirit items that drop.
    Neither of which are any good ideas. I'd rather keep having hit cloth, thank you very much.
    So? They'll have to roll on the same gear? At least there won't be specialized gear for particular classes anymore. Blizzard has tried to get away from specialized gear since Vanilla. They want everything that drops to be beneficial to one of the group members. For instance, if a cloth piece drops a mage, warlock, and priest OF ANY SPEC should benefit from the same item. They can always reforge to something else to fit their stat needs. This is like a Vanilla Hunter flame topic.

Shadow Priests CAN roll on spirit cloth gear.

Boomkins CAN roll on spirit leather gear.

Elemental Shamans CAN roll on spirit mail gear.

All 3 of those situations are fine, the spirit does just as much for them as it does for you, they get hit, you don't, you get mana regen, they don't.

With that being said, spirit does NOTHING while IN COMBAT for a Mage or a Warlock, so they should NEVER be rolling on spirit gear. If they're dumb enough to want it, they're idiots, and if your guild is dumb enough to let them, they're also idiots.

Come back when you've lost Tear of Blood Heroic 3+ times to DPS.