Poll: Which Zelda is Your favorite!?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    No Votes for Link's Awakening or Adventure of Link? Sad panda..

I liked Zelda 2 Adventure of Link just because it was so different and quite challenging. Link's Awakening was the first gameboy game I believe for Zelda series that had you stranded on a foreign island.

The NES ones and Link to the Past are the best to me.. But I'd imagine peoples choices are just based on which ones they enjoyed the most when they were growing up. So if you were born in the 90s, you will probably like Ocarina of Time, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Simonzi View Post
    A Link to the Past. Hands down. Ocarina of Time would be a 2nd, but to me, it's a distant second. I think growing up in the 8/16bit era is what does it for me.
    ALttP was my first zelda when it was re-released on the GBA back in 2002, and it was grand. What an introduction to the series. Awesome game.

Though Majora's Mask has to share 1st place for me, the athmosphere of impending doom is simply marvellous.

10+ Year Old Account
    It may sound like I'm bandwagoning, but I honestly like OoT the most.

Just because it's overrated a tad bit doesn't mean that it isn't good.
    "I see nothing. I hear nothing. I taste victory."

"Trolling (verb): speaking your honest opinion." - you know who

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rammurg View Post
    Even if Majora's Mask was "technically" the better of the two, it's not necessarily the determining factor when it comes to which one people consider their favorite - if one played the OoT before MM, the chances for MM to beat the new and amazing experience of playing OoT (back in the time) are rather slim.

..I guess even that is actually a matter of opinion - do you rank your enjoyment of things without "filtering out" the effect of your experiences/feelings, or as objectively as possible (like critics do). Personally I don't see the point in doing it the latter way :P
    nah you're right and it's understandable the first is always the most enjoyed when it comes to video games (kind of like vanilla) but me picking majora's mask is both objective tbh. I never owned OoT i just played it at a friends house when i was in 4th grade but when majora's mask came out i got it for christmas (to this day, the happiest christmas of my life) and played it to its full extent. I've played all the oens i listed now and i just like majora's because its one of the most original and it was my first.
    "Didn't we have some fun...though? Remember when the platform was sliding into the fire pit and I said 'Goodbye' and you were like 'No way' and then I was all 'We pretended we were going to murder you'......that was great"

10+ Year Old Account
    Ocarina of time

The music in Ocarina of time is so fkn epic!

I liked Oracle of Ages and LttP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

I voted for OoT, not just for nostalgia reasons, but because this game has had the biggest effect on me a game ever had.
    It was something totally new, and i loved it!
    Majora's mask is close second, like many said here already, it's even better then OoT but also a lot shorter, and it just did not had the big impact on me that OoT had.
    Windwaker, i so love this game, the style and the feeling it gives, but cmon nintendo you totally bailed on us with it! Way to short! And a lot easier then OoT and MM are.....
    Then TP comes last spot, i mean they took everything from OoT and mixed it with stupid twilight story that didn't interested me at all.
    Sure it's better then OoT, it has been made 10years later! But has totally no great feeling or anything with it, cause it's like a clone of OoT. And the biggest complain must be that it is sooooo easy.... Even easier then windwaker!
    Damn nintendo makes every new zelda game for a console easier it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by Simonzi View Post
    A Link to the Past. Hands down. Ocarina of Time would be a 2nd, but to me, it's a distant second. I think growing up in the 8/16bit era is what does it for me.
    This This and more of This.

OoT for me, MM was good as well but just something special about OoT. I still wish they would come out with another game based on that Link instead of some different link like they've been doing
    A hero of war, yeah that's what I'll be. And when I come home, they'll be damn proud of me

Quote Originally Posted by ElAmigo View Post
    nah you're right and it's understandable the first is always the most enjoyed when it comes to video games (kind of like vanilla) but me picking majora's mask is both objective tbh. I never owned OoT i just played it at a friends house when i was in 4th grade but when majora's mask came out i got it for christmas (to this day, the happiest christmas of my life) and played it to its full extent. I've played all the oens i listed now and i just like majora's because its one of the most original and it was my first.
    Oh man, i got MM for christmas too! And you are right, still 1 of the best christmas ever! ( is that bad? ;o)

i liked twilight princess the best because since it was on the wii, i could feel like i was in the game which i liked, and ocarina of time is a very close second.

Quote Originally Posted by ketzil View Post
    Fact: Majora's Mask is the best zelda game of all time.

zelda games in order of how great i think they are
    1.Majora's Mask
    2.Orcarina of Time
    3/4.Link's Awakening DX
    3/4.Wind Waker (couldnt decide what was better)
    5.Oracle of Season
    6.The Legend of Zelda
    7.Twilight Princess
    8.Oracle of Ages
    no link to the past?

ocarina of time is the nintendo version of ff7.

I personally liked seasons/ages

But voted for Majoras Mask. Though to be honest I liked Ocarina more, but Majoras is the one I've been replaying recently.

Also who else got the Zelda disc for GameCube that has (The Legend of Zelda, The Legend of Zelda II, Ocarina of Time, and Majoras Mask)?

I personally enjoyed Link's Awakening the most.

Adventure of Link! But seriously, ALTTP was the best imo. With OOT and MM being a close second.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeleh View Post
    ocarina of time is the nintendo version of ff7.
    True, but also the hardest and biggest zelda game ever created? (especially master quest.)

10+ Year Old Account
    My favorite is a tie between Ocarina of Time and A Link to the Past. I put LttP because it is a legend. Super Nintendo will remain my favorite system, with such a phenomenal selection of games.
    "Believing something is not an accomplishment. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because “strength of belief” is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. Listen to any “die-hard” conservative or liberal talk about their deepest beliefs and you are listening to somebody who will never hear what you say on any matter that matters to them — unless you believe the same. Wherever there is a belief, there is a closed door."

Your missing ALOT of Zelda games on that list my friend.

My favorite is Links Awakening.

It came out like 20 years ago for the gameboy. Best storyline in a Zelda game to me, and I prefer that style of play versus the new third person kind.

My favorite is not in the poll, but its Link's awakening. Its properly because it was the first Zelda game I played and finished. After that its OoT, so that one got my vote.