Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    You can program your keyboard to run circles breaking the afk problem.
    Also you can be in BGs AFK flagged if you turn of the "auto unflag" option.

In the end it depends where they were standing if they were really afk or not. Guessing they were but you know.. if you had enough people to flag AFK then you could kick any player and thats why its not just an instant kick

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aelous View Post
    As for the comment that there is no incentive to bg, I have to disagree with. I won't say that the honor system doesn't need to be tweaked a little bit, but I personally get enough honor to get the gear that I want.
    My point was:
    1) You get punished incredibly when you lose.
    2) A botter gets as much honor as someone trying to win the bg, if not more.

In fact, I'm quite happy with the honor costs as well. Gear *should* be difficult to get. My problem is with the fact that it says I'm going to get a ridiculous amount of honor when I win the daily bg and then 3 hours later, my time for the day is up and I didn't win a single one. I feel this is more punishing than it should be.
    As well as the fact that you apparently need 3000 resilience to be good at pvp. At least, that's what the pvp guilds on my server believe.
    Last edited by mmoc4b41585514; 2011-01-25 at 10:26 AM.

Deleted
    What if someone has "auto-run" on, I've seen it impossible to report these people if they are running even if they are not pressing a button. That might have been a bug though as surely auto-run would still send you afk?

quick fix for the afkers in bgs...Remove any honor gained during the match if the team loses. this way the only times you get honor is by winnings...wich will render bots useless. and people will want to win more..

Deleted
    Problem is if you kill AFK in BG's you'll have nobody playing it. BG's are so unbalanced at the moment that people have resorted to AFKing just to get the honor they need to remain competitive. Rather than sort an AFK problem, why not sort out the underlying problems with PVP in general to remove the incentive?

When I go AFK in a battleground I get kicked after 3 mins, when I do go afk its because I get yelled at and have to leave my keyboard asap to attend to whatever b.s. emergency and hope to get back before too long.

I dont know what these other people do, I see people get killed, then never spawn again and dont get kicked. Afk in the WSG gy never move, and they never get kicked.

So when you see people AFK and they never get kicked, they are defintly using a bot. Because real people who do AFK get booted fast. These bot AFK are doing something to maintain their activity and the servers wont kick them.

Plus another thing, I AM NOT encouraging botting. But apprently these bots have gotten so good, Blizz can not detect them at all unless a real live person try's to interact with them and see its a bot. Allot of BoTs that were doing archeaolgy were kicked recently but thats becayse those bots were creating private channels to spam commands into so that was very easy for blizz to detect.
    But the BG bots cannot be detected by Blizz at the moment, and allot of high level arena players use them to grind honor.

Now having said that, dont bot, because Blizz might have found a way to detect them, and you know how Blizz is, when they ban people for using bots, they do it in batches. So like 4 months from now, all those people may get banned, and the 1 ban you cant get back from is a botting ban.

The funny thing is that Blizzard is going to be banning people with a substantial amount of, "Report Player AFK"'s against them. Basing bans off of a system that is used to grief and harass people is dumb.

Deleted
    Yeah I mean, if someone gets reported AFK just because the guy doesn't like him, how is that fair?

Quote Originally Posted by 5ilver View Post
    As well as the fact that you apparently need 3000 resilience to be good at pvp. At least, that's what the pvp guilds on my server believe.
    They are right in a way you need ~3k to not get GLOBALED.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tired. Jumble post inc.

To the OP: Battle for Gilneas cannot be reported AFK, hasn't worked since cata.

As another poster said, sometimes I just stand around when it's obvious no one's interested in winning. I'd top the KB charts (or healing chart if I'm healing - which is really easy because I'm usually the only healer lol), give up, and when the game ends, I'm still at the top. >.> If you say I'm a KB farmer, I don't know what to tell ya... I like winning, so objectives are equally important to me.

Deleted
    Yep a ton of epic gear is needed before you can even consider PVP in general. Shame it takes your whole social life to obtain it.

I think a major issue lies within how tedious the grind for you initial Blue PvP set is. Currently in PvP the only real reward is the gear you can only get for being over 2200+. The Blue set and the first Epic set are nothing but stupid grinds that mean nothing towards a measurement of caliber and/or skill.

Why do the work yourself when Blizzard has an anti-cheat that is inferior to the development of Bots and 3rd party software? You can just run it all day and get free gear that means nothing. Blizzard primarily relies on player reports leading to bans and suspensions. Warden is a joke.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shokter View Post
    I don't know what it is about Battle for Gilneas, but I will often see people able to stay afk at the dock for the entire match (when multiple teammates are claiming they reported them) whereas in any other BG i see them removed from the group fairly quickly.
    I noticed this on the alliance side aswell, just standing in the starting base the entire game, only yesterday I saw a shaman that simply dropped a totem every 15 seconds and apperantly this was enough to keep her in the BG despite being reported by multiple players.

---------- Post added 2011-04-12 at 06:30 PM ----------

I even got deserter debuff myself in BGs while in combat wich didn't remove me from the BG either I stayed for the entire time only had the debuff for the next one.

It was in one were I got into an argument with a few people that refused to do anything that was asked of them (can't rememeber the details of what) So they apperantly were able to report me for being inconvenient to their lazy asses and grant me a deserter debuff, this is plain horrible and should never be possible.

Quote Originally Posted by 5ilver View Post
    My point was:
    1) You get punished incredibly when you lose.
    2) A botter gets as much honor as someone trying to win the bg, if not more.

In fact, I'm quite happy with the honor costs as well. Gear *should* be difficult to get. My problem is with the fact that it says I'm going to get a ridiculous amount of honor when I win the daily bg and then 3 hours later, my time for the day is up and I didn't win a single one. I feel this is more punishing than it should be.
    You mean like how I only need to spend 30 minutes to get 5 Arena wins for 1343 Conquest points but have to farm probably 2-3 days for the same amount of Honor?

Quote Originally Posted by Kynn View Post
    You mean like how I only need to spend 30 minutes to get 5 Arena wins for 1343 Conquest points but have to farm probably 2-3 days for the same amount of Honor?
    Agreed, it takes WAY LONGER and generally more frustration to farm honor than conquest points. I'm not sure what they were thinking when they came out with this. When I found out conquest points were as easy as 5 arena wins per week, I facepalmed for spending so much time in battle grounds. For example, last night I got on, played 6 matches of Battle for Gilneas (since it was still CTA) and lost all 6 times. Be it either AFKs, or just bad teams, that was still about an hour and a half of playing for about 250 honor. When I get home tonight, I'll pop out 5 arena wins in probably 1/3rd that time, and buy a BETTER piece of armor than honor would give me.

Quote Originally Posted by farmergiles View Post
    What if someone has "auto-run" on, I've seen it impossible to report these people if they are running even if they are not pressing a button. That might have been a bug though as surely auto-run would still send you afk?
    Auto-run will still get someone AFK'd out. What you are seeing is someone either using a Bot or 3rd Party Software such as a Logitech G15 Macro Keyboard. The keyboard is 100% undetectable by Blizzard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironshadow View Post
    quick fix for the afkers in bgs...Remove any honor gained during the match if the team loses. this way the only times you get honor is by winnings...wich will render bots useless. and people will want to win more..
    False, people will till Bot. Removing Honor from losing won't do anything except piss losers off.
    Quote Originally Posted by farmergiles View Post
    Problem is if you kill AFK in BG's you'll have nobody playing it. BG's are so unbalanced at the moment that people have resorted to AFKing just to get the honor they need to remain competitive. Rather than sort an AFK problem, why not sort out the underlying problems with PVP in general to remove the incentive?
    You are on to something there! PvP is in a pretty screwed up place right now as far as rewards and incentive is concerned.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unferth View Post
    When I go AFK in a battleground I get kicked after 3 mins, when I do go afk its because I get yelled at and have to leave my keyboard asap to attend to whatever b.s. emergency and hope to get back before too long.

I dont know what these other people do, I see people get killed, then never spawn again and dont get kicked. Afk in the WSG gy never move, and they never get kicked.

So when you see people AFK and they never get kicked, they are defintly using a bot. Because real people who do AFK get booted fast. These bot AFK are doing something to maintain their activity and the servers wont kick them.

Plus another thing, I AM NOT encouraging botting. But apprently these bots have gotten so good, Blizz can not detect them at all unless a real live person try's to interact with them and see its a bot. Allot of BoTs that were doing archeaolgy were kicked recently but thats becayse those bots were creating private channels to spam commands into so that was very easy for blizz to detect.
    But the BG bots cannot be detected by Blizz at the moment, and allot of high level arena players use them to grind honor.

Now having said that, dont bot, because Blizz might have found a way to detect them, and you know how Blizz is, when they ban people for using bots, they do it in batches. So like 4 months from now, all those people may get banned, and the 1 ban you cant get back from is a botting ban.
    The issue is that Blizzard has an Anti-Cheat system named, "Warden". A long time ago Warden used to be able to scan the memory of your entire computer and see what is running and whatnot. They ended up getting a HUGE slap on the wrist because the general public felt unsafe with Blizzard essentially letting their malware (Warden) scan and infiltrate their computer. Now Warden can ONLY scan processes within World of Warcraft. This means that as long as the Bot, 3rd Party Software, and/or whatever else DOESN'T inject itself into World of Warcraft, Warden will have no way of detecting it.

Blizzard claims that they like to Ban in waves, but that only happens with a programmer that makes a certain Bot fails to test security within it. Before this Archeology Bot (which will remain un-named) was banned, does anyone remember the last MASS BANNING? Yeah, it was Glider. That was a LONG time ago. Since then and to this day, Blizzard very much depends on the reports that users submit about people using bots to gather mats, level, afk in bg's, and/or do any other task in an automated way.

Bots are increasing in popularity because of Blizzards lack of control within the game itself. I agree that I don't want Warden to be able to access whatever it wants. What if Blizzard were to have a MAJOR security threat and someone gain access to all of my sensitive information? On the other hand, the botting has steadily grown and is getting way past out of control

TL;DR

Blizzard actually can't "detect" most bots that are active and in use at the moment. Blizzard relies on you, the user, to report suspicious behavior and/or blatant botting. Opening a ticket an quickly typing, "It's 4:30 PM and I'm in Alterac Valley. Legolashuntr from the realm, Illidan is using a 3rd party program to remain in the game and avoiding the AFK removal sytem. Thank you for your time" is much more effective than simply right clicking and reporting player AFK. Report to a GM first, and then get them removed from the game (if possible).

The bots will only decrease in frequency if each and every user does his part in reporting suspicious / blatant botting.

Deleted
    Shame conquest points arent given for BG's, i can't be assed with arena. But currently there is NO incentive to participate in a BG.

This is a serious problem - granted random BG's suck but for the people in there seriously trying to get some honour points, it just isn't fair to be afk or botting. I was in a Battle for Gilneas run the other day and 4 people were afk for the entire run. 2 of them were wearing lvl 70 gear and the other 2 were in greens. All four sat in the starting zone for the entire battle. At least 3 other people reported them but they didn't get kicked and needless to say, the rest of us got ganked. You can't fight a 10-man team with 6 people.

Quote Originally Posted by Legolasgirl View Post
    I personally think sometimes people are a little too eager to kick others from BG's. I was waiting in a queue for probably 10 minutes or so (can't remember which BG). When I got in I had just been questing and had to switch from arcane to frost (I'm a mage). In the time it took me to finish the cast and mana up I was booted. I think this is a little inappropriate, and people need to learn patience.
    How long did it take you to do all that? Battles take about 2 minutes to start, and afaik you can't change specs after the battle has started. Did they kick you before the battle even started?