Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Where will Deathwing's raid be located?

Plain and simple question. Not very sure myself so i decided to ask.
    Which zone will the raid with Deathwing's encounter be located?
    Last edited by Nanaboostme; 2011-01-28 at 08:54 PM.

I think it could be anywhere, tbh, and that's half the fun. I mean, think about it. It's not like he has a place you know he'll be, like Lich King, KJ, Illidan, etc.... the dude flies around Azeroth wrecking shit on a daily basis. It really could be anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Farahawnee View Post
    Not having an authenticator on your account is like not locking your windows because your front door is locked, and then wondering how a burglar got in.

An instanced version of SW or Org could provide a pretty epic and cool battleground.

10+ Year Old Account
    Behind you, what I'm not? Then who's this person I'm behind?
    Prob an unknown old god prison perhaps somewhere in lordaeron. Only other areas I can think of are Firelands, Rift of Alan, or near the Maelstorm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Deathwing, the world boss of Cataclysm.

The Worldbreaker's Terrace.

I would def agree with some Old God's prison (prehaps the one who drove him insane in the first place), not to mention this may even mean hes NOT the last boss in the raid, but rather has a "Omfg what have I done I sorries" moment before dieing and theeeeen boom Old God.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexiaa View Post
    An instanced version of SW or Org could provide a pretty epic and cool battleground.
    I think this is certainly possible with the inexplicable destruction of The Park in SW.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    You'll have to fight Deathwing in the air, when he goes over a region to kill everyone. So not only will it be difficult to kill him due to the short "enrage" timer, but also very hard to find him.

But more seriously, I'm pretty sure he buried himself somewhere (again) and waits there. Huge cavern or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    The Worldbreaker's Terrace.
    That sounds pretty epic

Hyjal. You heard it here.

Quote Originally Posted by Saluna View Post
    You'll have to fight Deathwing in the air, when he goes over a region to kill everyone. So not only will it be difficult to kill him due to the short "enrage" timer, but also very hard to find him.

But more seriously, I'm pretty sure he buried himself somewhere (again) and waits there. Huge cavern or something.
    Hmm...huge cavern? Rfc!? Wait no....just nooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I was Once a Nab
    Then I rolled a Paladin
    Thats when I found out
    that I REALLY was a Nab

Deleted
    Encountering him and then defeating the old god that drove him mad WITH him would be pretty awesome.
    Where? Erm deepholm?

I think for Horde it should be an instance SW and for Alliance and instanced version of Org if you go that route...

Otherwise I'd like to see him in un'goro crater, they need to do something there!

On Deathwing. Raid needs to navigate across Deathwing and damage his weak points, final phase the raid is knocked off onto a plateau or bluff and have to deal with him head-on.

POKE HIM IN THE EYE!!!

this zone hasnt been patched in yet

After [not really] speaking with the developers, they [not really] said that because the Cataclysm effected all of Azeroth, the actual entrance to his domain changes every time and will be an FF-like encounter at first. Once you spot him in a Zone, you have a matter of a minute or so to find him and engage. Once you do, the screen will swirl and you'll hear the battle music, but then you'll immediately be thrown out by a Tail Sweep of Deathwing. However, because you engaged him, his raid will now be open to you for a week in that zone, at the highest effected portion of the Cataclysm noticeable, noted by a Green Swirl and only visible to your guild. No limit to how many guilds can engage except for the limitation of finding him.

Totally going to happen. No doubt. I'm a genius.

Deleted
    next to BWD

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's going to be at the unused entrance to Karazhan at the very top outisde of the tower. After you go in YOU FACE JARAXXUS. Oh, while you're doing that Maiev Shadowsong drops a trap under Deathwing, which angers him, and then he eats her, and dies of a food allergy to Elves. Then Kael'Than'Laynpire appears as the real villain exclaiming that Cataclysm was merely a setback, starting the epic journey to find the doctor who can give King Wrynn Chin reduction surgery.