Deleted

Heroic Atramedes after "nerf"

So they nerfed his hp to 103million which makes the fight doable dps wise with basic setup. Ive just spent the whole evening wiping on phase 1 and im pretty much convinced that it aint doable for anyone else than the few guilds above everyone else out there.

Some of the mechanics just are not reliably counterable, like searing flame+modulation combo which is pretty much the end of atleast few players per time. We tried countering it with priest bubbles but getting everyone under the shield is also as deadly since theres 12 sonar pulses roaming around the place. But if youre lucky enough to get him in the air with most of the people still alive sonar pulses still exist and with that+ all the fire all around the room+ like 1 sec cast sonar bombs its just too much most of the time.

I know we still got a lot of perfecting to do on our strategy and this aint a cry for nerf. Im just asking if anyone else has actually managed to work around these problems.

Killed him a couple of times, with the latest an one shot last night.

10man, feral tank. rogue, 3 healers, 6 ranged dps.

Basically if people DONT stand in sonar pools, and DONT get hit by the fire breath no-one will be over 30% - 40% sound when you hit searing flame and you use the gong.

IF people are died from full sound im sorry, but they are doing it wrong. Its the only way to get sound (other than modulation which is like 10%ish per hit.

What we do:

Tank him near the opening where he spawns. Mark a flare in the middle of the room. Ranged and healers stand near, but not stacked on the flare. This means only a few people need to move and the discs are more spread out (ie, easier to get past). Myself (tank) and rogue stay at max hitbox so we can avoid the discs easier.

3 seconds before the fire breath, everyone stacks on the flare (ranged and healers). The person that gets targeted runs left, while everyone else goes right. This ensures that everyone gets the hell out of the fire and doesn't get hit.

Loosely stack again around flare and keep dpsing. Once she lifts off everyone runs tot he outside so fire doesnt go in the middle. The person getting targeted runs with whatever they have with priest lifegrips, druid roars etc to make them move faster. Once its getting close to them our rogue hits a gong, and then he takes off running. Shes comes down before we have to use another. If the rogue is the 1st to get picked, then i am the gong hitter and i sprint away.

This means 1 gong per ground phase, and 1 gong per air phase. It leaves us with 3 or so gongs to hit whenever someone screws up and gets hit and gets high sound level (we use a mod so i can check everyone's sound level).

Last thing : ensure the aoe flame thing is stopped at the FIRST tick. ie, be ready to click whoever is doing it (we use mage).

---------- Post added 2011-01-28 at 04:16 AM ----------

Oh, and searing flame and modulation can NOT happen at the same time like you suggest. If he does searing flame first, the gong will stop it AND STUN HIM FOR 5SECONDS. He cant cast modulation during that time. So you have 5secs to heal up fast if you let more than one tick go off.

If he does it before searing flame, well if you can't heal up before searing flame hits then you need to make sure he only gets off ONE tick.

This fight is pretty easy once you perfect a strat, we wiped like 26 times learning the encounter but once you get it down and your melee and healers stop getting sound it's faceroll

Yah as said the key is "Stop getting the stupid sound" and "Use the gong at the right time" also "Dont drag the dragon fire to the group plz"
    Getting some players to avoid sound disc may be a bit hard at first, but surely doable if they understand what to do. If you're getting sound from the disc, then clearly that players are just wrong. Recommend getting "atramedes" addon so that you all can see who's high on sound and at what time. If they get too high sound on disc, then u better yell at them!

He's talking about heroic sillies.

15+ Year Old Account
    I fixed the title to account for the fact that this is heroic that he's talking about.

Note to all new posters entering the thread that the above posts besides the OP are likely referring to normal difficulty Atramedes.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

The fight is so far away from being stable. Its like a brick wall after around 1min 30s because everyones gonna
    have a fair amount of sound from modulate, and you simply cant survive the incoming increased fire damage
    without resetting your Sound, which is not enabled on heroic mode.

I just dont understand why blizzard does this with everything. It was even hard to friggin kill him with the stunlock
    bug because you had to survive to the first air phase, and the 0,2s searing flame that got let through since you
    cant ALWAYS syncronize the stuns would take people from full to dead, and then blizzard nerfs the amount of HP he
    has.. Wait what?

Not many 25man guilds are doing the heroic version since the door bug was fixed. This includes world 1st quality guilds.
    I would recommend doing another hardmode :/

Deleted
    Yea i understand none did this because his healthpool was just too much, but now they reduced it "slightly" which was close to 65 million and made it doable from dps standpoint. Reason behind this post was that we refused to kill the bugged version and did not even take a look at it, and were new to the mechanics which seem working rather strange.

Also saw some other post that said he can confirm the gongs arent even resetting everyones sound everytime so to me it looks like they broke the encounter somehow. And as for taking it up the ass whole evening last night im pretty sure theres other stuff broken too just did not figure out what.

Deleted
    well, I admit, there was about 3 minutes of laughing at his HP, after the previous 168m hp pre nerf. We got him to 35~% when his hp was that high, so was pretty confident of a kill with his new low fat hp total, and last night we got him. Killed within 5 pulls.
    Joke of a boss now :/
    (Yes i'm talking about heroic.. My armory link.)

edit; The problem why it was so hard is that the gongs dont reset, well, we only ever got 1 gong to reset. As Nefarian destroys a gong each time you hit one, you need an insane amount of dps to have killed him the legit way pre nerf. Can see why the door tactic was so popular, cuts out all the stress of the fight haha. But yeah, really easy mode now.
    Last edited by mmocf31b57ee4e; 2011-01-28 at 11:58 AM.