frostfire bolt & fingers of frost

im only a noob mage lvl... 61 but ive noticed that when brainfreeze procs and i use my instant frostfire bolt if i happen to have Fingers of Frost buff up at the same time i loose both buffs is this a bug? from reading the tool tips Fingers of frost doesnt affect frost fire? havent noticed incresed crit chance on frost fire bolt anyways?

From the Brain Freeze tooltip:

Your spells no longer trigger Arcane Missiles. Instead, your Frost damage spells with chilling effects have a 15% chance to cause your next Fireball or Frostfire Bolt spell to be instant cast and cost no mana. When Frostfire Bolt is instant, it can benefit from Fingers of Frost. Brain Freeze cannot be triggered by Frostfire Bolt.

Look at the talent for Brain Freeze itself. "When FFB is instant, it can benefit from FoF".

The Fingers of Frost tooltip does not specify Frostfire Bolt, but the tooltip for Brain Freeze does clarify this: "When Frostfire Bolt is instant, it can benefit from Fingers of Frost" (i.e. acting as if the target is frozen, thereby multiplying your critical strike chance by 3).

doh im blind sorry

Basically, it means that when you use your Brain Freeze + FoF frostfire bolt, it benefits from your Shatter talent.

So, by consuming Brain Freeze + FoF, your frostfire bolt has a very high chance to crit.
    Hotfish - Kil'jaeden