Glory of the Ulduar Raider 25

I'm interested in getting Valanyr. The obvious way to get people to run 25 Ulduar is to go for the achievement. So, with a group of 85's, is there anything I particularly need to watch out for? I'd imagine it's pretty easy at this point (Sartharion went down before the first flame wall with 25 people during 3D).

The only fight i'm thinking would be a bit of a pain would yogg with 25 especially if say half of them had never done it before.

Just done this today in a pug, we 1shot all the hard modes (done Yogg+1, kept Freya up). Wiped once on Disarmed and twice on Razorscale achievement. Surprisingly easy now at 85, wouldn't ever expected it will all be 1 shottable, considering that I've tried get my drake on 10 man during WotLK (was missing only Yogg one on 10 man) and it was just so hard in pugs. On the same note, I just did Earth wind and fire on a pug few days ago, 1shot aswell.

Not really, other than Yogg if people are unfamiliar with the fight. Most of the difficult achievements could theoretically be brute forced down now, with DPS easily pulling 10-12k at 85 and health pools being as large as they are fights like Firefighter would be simple.

15+ Year Old Account
    The only possible issue could be Sanity management on Yogg-Saron. If people in the brain room are so unfamiliar with the fight it is like "WHAT'S THAT SHINY SKULL?!" then you will have issues. Just explain the fight quickly, and emphasize that people never look at the skulls. Also give portal assignments and emphasize the importance of getting to your portal. In fact, just tell the portal people to only worry about their portal and always stand near it, tbh. The rest of the tentacles will be easy with current DPS.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Valanyr only requires 3 light, not one light.

But yeah, the only fight that will be an issue will be yogg. It's mechanics simply can't be outgeared.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cernunnos View Post
    Valanyr only requires 3 light, not one light.

But yeah, the only fight that will be an issue will be yogg. It's mechanics simply can't be outgeared.
    He's going to be getting the shards for it though by leading a PuG with the advertising line of something like:

"Ulduar 25 Glory of the Raider forming" and then he'll tell them the shards are reserved.

At least that is what I got from it.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Deleted
    I did this last night and we had problems on 2 fights.

The first one was Vezax. Higher mana costs at 85 means that your healers need to be particularly on the ball and not heal any DPS who get hit by shadow crash repeatedly. Boy did we have a *lot* of those... *sigh*

Secondly, Yogg + 1 was a pain in the balls. We had 4 wipes in total.

Wipe 1 - People standing in clouds and releasing tons of adds
    Wipe 2 - People going insane, even with the sanity wells available
    Wipe 3 - People DPSing adds in P3 instead of Yogg and people going insane
    Wipe 4 - See above

Firefighter is a good way to root out which people in the raid are going to fail at Yogg. We had about 10 people alive at the end of it.

Other than that it's pretty ridiculously easy now. Even Algalon can be brute forced. We had half the raid die on the first Big Bang (despite everyone claiming to know the fight...) and still downed it with no problems.

And did you guys take a full 25 people? Or decide to do 15 or something instead?

Deleted
    We had a full 25 for the most part. Some people were poorly geared though.

If it was a guild group then I'm pretty sure we could have done it with 15 without any issues.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    The only possible issue could be Sanity management on Yogg-Saron. If people in the brain room are so unfamiliar with the fight it is like "WHAT'S THAT SHINY SKULL?!" then you will have issues. Just explain the fight quickly, and emphasize that people never look at the skulls.
    But they're so shiny!

10+ Year Old Account
    I went after my drake a few weeks ago and the only achievement people had trouble with was "Disarmed" because you have to make it clear for when to stop dps, etc. Not every fight is just zerg the boss till its dead.