Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lea View Post
    no, but a dog has different qualities.. it spends you love, protects you from dangerous situations and seriously no "creature" is as loyal as a dog ! why do u guys always focus on intelligence when there are soooo many other important things in the world. its just sad how stupid we humans really are !
    both extremes are just as stupid. What you are suggesting seems a more logical approach, too sane for either side.
    i have pets, love them and take care of them. I hate animal cruelty with a passion... however i also think PETA are crazy and would never support such an organization.

take for example PETA's view... the "total liberation of animals" mentality means total freedom... NO PETS.... they would make that illegal.
    they're just as silly as the rednecks with the shovel imo... and 10x more dangerous. why? because people support them without actually knowing what they're about. Not many people would support the redneck with the shovel and i doubt that particular individual would be able to gather such support.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya420 View Post
    The opposing view to PETA is to encourage the abuse of animals...
    I don't have to be the polar opposite of PETA to disagree with their views and methods. I eat meat. I enjoy it. It's fucking tasty. That doesn't mean I endorse the wanton torture of animals. Just because I am ok with killing an animal for food doesn't mean I'm ok with torturing one for entertainment. By the ass backwards logic you've been weaving, if I disagree with PETA's vegan philosophy I'm automatically ok with dogfighting abusing livestock.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zamfix View Post
    Humans are animals. Therefore humans should not have rights.
    Mopeds and Bugatti Veyrons are both vehicles, therefore they're the same?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakaya_Kilrogg View Post
    They'd demonize you, and that's my point. There's a huge difference between being against animal cruelty and supporting PETA.
    There is absolutely no difference in being against animal cruelty and PETA's message. You might not agree with the methods people tell you about, but it does not change what the point and what PETA stands for. I am not about to buy into the idea that the most influential animal rights group is bad, not because of their message, but because of what some members said or did. I do not judge the whole by some of it's parts. That's the point of web sites like the one posted here. It's to devalue the message associated with PETA, by sensationalizing the few quotes over their actual actions and message. It's what happens when you tell people that PETA is bad because they put to sleep 80% of their animals, causing you to not donate and not adopt, which directly effect that number and causes it to increase. The reason why they put these animals to sleep is because the sites like one posted here are working.

Quote Originally Posted by Mooboy View Post
    Was that inbetween the Sharks and Nazi's? or maybe it was after Ghost Lab and Most Haunted?

Quality factual programing right there....
    Nazis are a History channel creation, everyone knows that.

Quote Originally Posted by terrahero View Post
    We came to the top of the food chain not because we cared about other living beings, but simply because we killed everything in our path and ate it.
    You think a lion wouldnt eat you if it had the chance? Nature is cruel, and so are we.
    Not really true. Humans developed mostly during the last ice age. Instead of becoming specialized humans developed the ability create and use tools. By not being specialized humans were able to survive the transition out of the last ice age without problem and as the climate became warmer people were able to domesticate crops and animals using tools they developed. It wasn't a path of destruction painted with blood. It was being too good at surviving harsh extremes. As people developed agriculture, clans came together to eventually form small towns, which couldn't be done during the ice age. Mostly peaceful.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is absolutely no difference in being against animal cruelty and PETA's message. You might not agree with the methods people tell you about, but it does not change what the point and what PETA stands for. I am not about to buy into the idea that the most influential animal rights group is bad, not because of their message, but because of what some members said or did. I do not judge the whole by some of it's parts. That's the point of web sites like the one posted here. It's to devalue the message associated with PETA, by sensationalizing the few quotes over their actual actions and message. It's what happens when you tell people that PETA is bad because they put to sleep 80% of their animals, causing you to not donate and not adopt, which directly effect that number and causes it to increase. The reason why they put these animals to sleep is because the sites like one posted here are working.
    I do not agree with PETA choosing to terrorise in order to spread their opinion, nor do I agree with them attempting to manipulate people outside of their ranks.

I do not agree with the torture of animals.

PETA are entirely for animal rights, I do not feel that animals should have the same rights as humans, but I do feel that they should NOT be tortured. PETA isn't against animal torture, they are supporting the full rights of animals. Therefore I can be against the torture of animals without supporting PETA.

There is a difference between being against animal cruelty and being against PETA.

Quote Originally Posted by Purely View Post
    The human body, as well as the body of every animal needs meat. I wish you good luck with your body when you're well over 60 if you're a vegetarian.

Ill start shoving steaks into the bunnies Im keeping then. Thanks for the tip.

Every vitamin and compound that you get from meat, you can get from veggies or meatreplacers.
    Do your resarch before you spout nonesece, besides about 900 million Indian people are vegitarian...

Quote Originally Posted by xeroxide View Post
    both extremes are just as stupid. What you are suggesting seems a more logical approach, too sane for either side.
    i have pets, love them and take care of them. I hate animal cruelty with a passion... however i also think PETA are crazy and would never support such an organization.

take for example PETA's view... the "total liberation of animals" mentality means total freedom... NO PETS.... they would make that illegal..
    The total liberation of animals form mankind is impossible. Our domesticated dogs have grown up side by side with humanity to a point where there is a level of symbiosis between the two. PETA or any Faction who aims for this is aiming for your wallet via your heartstrings. I am sure PETAs agenda does not have any long term plans on how to unass dogs form humanity. ^_^
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by moaradin View Post
    I think you are forgetting that human beings are, in fact, animals. Humans just so happen to be one of the most intelligent(I question a lot of people though), and there are plenty of other animals that are very intelligent, such as dolphins, elephants, etc. and they are killed all the time.
    This is exactly what I was going to say.

Even if this isn't 100% true, it is shocking to see that organizations like these are actually doing a tiny bit of what they are saying they are meant to do.

mmmm animal meat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfador View Post
    First of all, I disagree with their message no matter how they distribute it, and you are being ignorant to assume otherwise. You seem to have some ridiculous conceptual misunderstanding between content creators and content hosts. The library hosts content for you to find, should you so choose.
    You disagree with their message of being against animal cruelty? Your certainly allowed your opinion, but I have to disagree.

Just like the library PETA forces you to seek out information about them. It's not that you go to the library, as you did to find that picture, to obtain specific information? Did PETA somehow force you to read their site, where the library did not?

The scan I posted is of a comic book that they HAND OUT TO CHILDREN. Children don't choose to go buy this (and I'm of the opinion it shouldn't be sold to them anyway) but it is given to them. It is distributedto children, without their parents' knowledge, in an effort to turn them against their parents over eating meat. The goal is to alienate children from their parents because the parents disagree with PETA's views. It's one thing to shove material in the face of adults (equally obnoxious but adults can make their own decisions) and something completely different to undermine the parent-child relationship to spread a message.
    I am out of touch, yet you are telling me that PETA was seeking out children, I am assuming that were without their parents, to persuade them to be against their parents. Where did this occur? Shouldn't they been busted for child luring?

Oh, and generating controversy to get attention is just a sad and pathetic ploy by people who are otherwise being ignored. It just proves how useless PETA is that they need to resort to such tactics to get people to even acknowledge their message. And no, the worst thing can do to them isn't to ignore them. My actions don't make people aware of them who aren't already, and if even one single person who didn't think they were idiots before comes to that conclusion after being presented my argument, I have done more harm to their cause than if I just sat there and ignored them. You can spare the rhetoric.
    But, it worked on you. I have never seen that ad, yet you posted it for me to see. Every child that plays WoW and might stumble on this thread, will see the ad, not because PETA forced them, but because you posted. You went out and found their add because of the controversy alone. As sad and pathetic as you might say it is, your actions are why it works.

---------- Post added 2011-02-02 at 06:38 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Syntic View Post
    There is a difference between being against animal cruelty and being against PETA.
    I never said it wasn't, the guy who quoted me saying it, made it up. I never actually said that. I think it's pretty pathetic that he did that, but it sucks you didn't check.

I said being against animal cruelty is exactly the same as PETA's message. You can disagree with some of their member's action, but it does not change the message of the group.

Quote Originally Posted by Evassac View Post
    And after watching countless documentaries on discovery. I believe that indeed.
    alot of the programs on tv are so anti conspiracy its funny , they will almost mock the conspiracy theorists because they dont buy into there little "experiments" they do the most idiotic tests like scaling the attack , but not the speed lol
    "lol uh oh , spelling correction, the sure sign someone is losing an argument "

I don't have to be the polar opposite of PETA to disagree with their views and methods. I eat meat. I enjoy it. It's fucking tasty. That doesn't mean I endorse the wanton torture of animals. Just because I am ok with killing an animal for food doesn't mean I'm ok with torturing one for entertainment. By the ass backwards logic you've been weaving, if I disagree with PETA's vegan philosophy I'm automatically ok with dogfighting abusing livestock.
    Actually, yes it does. It's funny that you won't torture an animal for entertainment, but will simply because it's "tasty." At least man up to your selfishness.

10+ Year Old Account
    I never said it does, but the message of peta is to discourage animal abuse. Everything else you append to it, is actions of individual members. You don't have to agree with the method, but agree with the message. What you are doing, is focusing not he actions of individuals and condemning the groups message because of it. When the actual message is simple to not mistreat animals. There are PETA members that eat mean, wear leather, vegans, vegetarians and a plethora of many things. The only thing that actually unites people who support PETA, is their message to protect animals.

10+ Year Old Account

you are telling me that PETA was seeking out children, I am assuming that were without their parents, to persuade them to be against their parents. Where did this occur? Shouldn't they been busted for child luring?

I never said it wasn't, the guy who quoted me saying it, made it up. I never actually said that. I think it's pretty pathetic that he did that, but it sucks you didn't check.

I said being against animal cruelty is exactly the same as PETA's message. You can disagree with some of their member's action, but it does not change the message of the group.
    PETA are twisted enough to wait outside schools, descretely holding up said posters, or in towns (don't tell me you didn't go out into town shopping when you were aged ~12.)

Also, admittedly I did word it poorly. However, PETAs message is the full rights of animals, not just protection from cruelty. Therefore you could say I partially agree with the PETA message, as I do not in any way support the torture of animals. I also however, do not support animals having the same rights as humans (which is the message PETA are trying to spread).

And you did say that, its the first sentence of the post I quoted. The guy you quoted said what I said, and which I agree with him.

Quote Originally Posted by xnickybx View Post
    Actually, yes it does. It's funny that you won't torture an animal for entertainment, but will simply because it's "tasty." At least man up to your selfishness.
    No it doesn't, Alfador did not at any point say that he supports the torture of animals because they are tasty. There are some meat companies who don't slaughter their animals in order to kill them, and treat them humanely.
    Last edited by Syntic; 2011-02-02 at 06:52 PM.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    I recently discovered this website http://www.petakillsanimals.com/, and it disturbed me. How has this gone unpunished? PETA is murdering thousands of animals each year, and supporting domestic terrorism in the united states. How can they claim to be an animal rights group when they themselves run a slaughterhouse? Then they give money to arsonists and encourage people to bomb universities?
    PETA has a budget of over 33 million USD a year. They spend almost none of this on animal care. It all goes to propaganda and advertising. Of all the Animals PETA received last year, they only found homes for 8. What, you ask, did they do with the hundred of others? Killed them. Every last one, dead. Every single cat and dog, put down and frozen, all so PETA can spend a few extra dollars on billboards in time square.
    These people deserve to be wiped from the face of the Earth. However, there is a less extreme effort being undertaken to bring the bastards down. On the website, there is a petition to remove PETA's tax exempt status. Check it out if you have the time.

To put this in perspective, the ASPCA, an organization with a mere fraction of PETA's annual budget, is able to find homes for over 90% of its thousands of Animals. PETA, on the other hand, kills 97% or more of the animals it receives. They also harass and sue schools, hospitals, and churches. They are criminals. They are domestic terrorists. And they need to be stopped.
    You know, that in a lot of cases animals can be so badly treated that you have to put them down, and that it can be rather hard to find a new home for an abused animal, because they might have poor social skills and mental scars. It's the case with a lot of horses, to my knowledge, you really need a lot of dedication and understanding to take care of a formerly abused horse.
    I'm wondering, what kind of animals do they usually recieve? Maybe PETA and ASPCA handle different cases.

That said, I have never heard anything about PETA and I don't have them in my country. We've got the normal vegans and anarchists doing their work here.

It's the glory of the US, free enterprise and free market. If you've got the money, you can do most things you want undisturbed.

I do find it interesting that PETA wants total animal liberation. Especially considering that modern domesticated dogs were made by man to be our companions.

Dogs desire the social bond with people just like we desire the bond with them.

BOTTOM LINE: Once 10's of millions of dollars start flying around you can rest assured that their are hidden agendas. WELCOME TO THE AMERICAN POLITICAL PROCESS!

10+ Year Old Account
    PETA uses extreme cases to support their arguments - which in themselves are based on fabricated events. Yesterday I came across an envelope with my mail, opened it up and it was a PETA "give us money, please, we love you" booklet. I skim through it, enjoying a laugh, and hand it to my sister (studding to become a Veterinarian), and she find it disturbingly comical.

The contents, in a nut shell:
    Pharmaceutic companies, beauty supply researchers, and universities use two types of animals to test on: Ones breed purposefully for experimentation often afflicted with diseases (which is true, to study the effects of XYZ on a creature with diabetes, ect), and household family pets that are often stolen.
    ...Yeah, because University of [whatever] is going to use Mr Muffles to conduct research, rather than buying a hundred specimens.

It continues to go on saying how basically every cooperation, government, and taxpayer (what?) is at fault for supporting animal cruelty. The entire letter did nothing more than give extreme examples, then blame everyone, then ask for support.

PETA: homegrown terrorists.

Hmm, I wonder how many people would still eat meat if they had to kill the animal on their own for it (with a knife)?

Right now most of consumers are so distanced from that act of taking animal's life that they don't even think about it. You go to supermarket and buy packaged meat like it is nothing.

The reason I thought about this is I have killed chicken, pigs, goats, sheep, and once a bull and I gotta tell you it is not pretty and it definately did not feel that good. I am from east Europe if you are wondering that is pretty common around there. Usually during Christmass time lots of pigs die. The sound of screaming, almost yelling before their throat is cut, is disturbingly close to human screams. And even though most of us living there are conditioned to do it I still havent found anyone that enjoys it and there were lots of poeple who could not handle jsut being there during that time.

In conclusion, how many of you would actually look an animal in the eye trembling at the sight of you and take its life to eat it (this is for pleasure of eating meat not a have to situation)?

Off-Topic: Someone was talking about voting I figured I might as well add my two cents about it. Even though it is called The Right to Vote it is a privilege. If it was a right every single human in the world would have it; however, only the ones fortunate enough to live in places that lets you vote are privileged to do so.