Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Bloodsail Admiral WaitingforSWTOR's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mixon View Post
    you cant blame her for wanting to be young and vigorous and fun again after you found someone else. when me and gf broke up i bought a new truck, a boat, and motorcycle and started going out a lot more. she got all pissed off and was like why couldn't you be like this when were together (you were when we met) and i simply told her "it's cause you suck the life out of me". its sad but its true. she made me a boring dull person trying to be all the things she wanted me to be and doing all the things to make her happy and she never saw all things she was killing going away. its hard to to keep up a family guy with a good job and professional look while also being a bad boy rebel all at once, so thus we are left parting ways to where i have less responsibility and can have more fun. she always asks how i have $ to buy all the stuff i have now when we were so broke the whole time we were together, i guess she forgot about all the dinners at Ruth Crist, the dresses, the jewelry, and the vacations she felt were so important at the time but oh well all you can do is laugh and move on. i think wow is just trying to get back to who its was in its youth that made everyone like it and fall in love with it in the first place.
    Sir, i cant but take off my hat and bow to your wisdom. Pure truth
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomChickn View Post
    The reason the smart people are miserable because their head hurts so much from facepalming at all the stupid people, its so simple.

10+ Year Old Account
    woah! very good read thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by erebusman View Post
    Yeah I was going to suggest posting this on the WoW official forums, really well written and a very 'home feel' for what the more hardcore grind feeling of Cataclysm is like for a casual player.

'm a 40 year old dad now (wasn't when I started 6 years ago) and this game is much harder to play now. I had hoped Catclysm would continue to cater to people with limited play schedules and expand hard modes for people who want a 'challenge' or whatever they are calling it this week.
    The grind is no larger than Wraths. It just takes slightly more time because of the difficulty increase. It is no where near the grind of most other MMOs, or even Vanilla and BC. You have nothing to complain about.

Furthermore, 6 hours a week in raiding and ~2 hours a day for dungeons is not a big ask. That is an incredibly casual schedule.

Can we please stop making goodbye posts? It gets annoying when you see at least 2 - 3 a day. I will admit that your post was a lot better than the QQ posts that people usually make, it was actually a good read for its content. If you have suggestions that you want to make they belong on Blizzard's World of Warcraft forums not MMO-Champion's. Again, nothing against you, just gets annoying to see these posts over and over again.

Sorry about taking yer girl, but she had needs that you just couldn't fulfill and I could, I hope we can be friends though :-)

Very well written more entertaining then all the "ZOMG I CAN'T (insert old wrath mechanic here) ANYMOAR DIS GAEM SUX!!" I mean some people just need to give it a rest

In your case though good luck and lets hope your newer life makes you happy. And who knows maybe you'll be able to find the time to come back and give it another shot people will definately be over-gearing heroics soon enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's just a form of escapism to evade real life for awhile, the fact you've realized real life outweighs your desire to raid speaks volumes. I still try and raid but do it half assed at best because in my current situation I dont have the time or latency to be truly competitive.

someone print this of in A1 paper, double its size, and show it to blizzard, shove it through their spreadsheets of balance and homogenisation, into their tunnel vision FACES!
    Dwarfs, gods among humanoids, giants among... gnomes...
    Quote Originally Posted by The Hitch-hikers' Guide To The Galaxy: Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz
    "Oh freddled gruntbuggly/thy micturations are to me/As plurdled gabbleblotchits on a lurgid bee.
    Groop I implore thee, my foonting turlingdromes. And hooptiously drangle me with crinkly bindlewurdles,
    Or I will rend thee in the gobberwarts with my blurglecruncheon, see if I don't!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Born: Syracuse, NY; Currently live: Raleigh, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by Cetoln View Post
    I lost all interest in playing my druid when they took my tree form away.

In Wrath I was tanking or healing a ton of heroics and raids on my Druid/Pally/Priest but because of the changes we saw in Cata, none of those characters has seen a heroic or raid in over a month

All I do now is log in to "play" the AH.
    These kind of posts cut my heart out. People got too used to the ease of play in Wrath (i started playing before ZA was put in, but never reached end game until wrath mind you). I have a full time job now and i'm not able to raid so i understand the whole "i'm a good player, but can't raid because of time constraints" thing. The post i'm quoting is a baddie blaming blizzard for taking their game away (sorry sounds harsh, but thats how i see it). I say that because you're talking about a heavily revamped class (pally) and 2 classes that are known for their tanking and healing. These are now the hardest roles in the game, and you can't face pwn things right now (give it 6 months we'll be rolling heroics again). I've accepted that i can't raid right now, and that chaining heroics isn't fun (it never was before now and don't lie to me and say it was in Wrath). I've taken up altoholism to pass the time while my fiancee raids because she's home in time for my guild's runs.

to the OP: Congrats on your family, and good luck in your future endevors =)

---------- Post added 2011-02-07 at 09:20 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lolretadin View Post
    Can we please stop making goodbye posts? It gets annoying when you see at least 2 - 3 a day. I will admit that your post was a lot better than the QQ posts that people usually make, it was actually a good read for its content. If you have suggestions that you want to make they belong on Blizzard's World of Warcraft forums not MMO-Champion's. Again, nothing against you, just gets annoying to see these posts over and over again.
    That only works if Blizzard doesn't delete the post in 15 minutes.

Deleted
    If there was a karma button or a thumbs up thing on MMOC I'm pretty sure this'd be one of those posts that would make me use that neglected feature. Instead, I'll just post this reply.

Karma++

Quote Originally Posted by Clevername View Post
    It's just a form of escapism to evade real life for awhile, the fact you've realized real life outweighs your desire to raid speaks volumes. I still try and raid but do it half assed at best because in my current situation I dont have the time or latency to be truly competitive.
    i like your position, while doing BC raids for guild achev it became a joke that if someone wasnt by the boss then it would be me, jumping on the end bosses corpse and repeated rolling the loot, then we went ICC for a bit.. i pulled one lone mob, and got raid kicked cos "they need to practice for cata.. i PuG the most out of them for trash run, i topped dps, while half tanking aswell, but hey, i loved it, i love the guild, and my new fun char, a rogue, has completed 1/11 of his lvl 15-20 dungeon, i get kicked for missing a sap or a pickpocket, near the end boss, before they hit the first, i die, they wipe, a twink, or an elitist jerks alt, yells at me, a /kicks me, i lol, and continue with the redridge KEESHAN quests, even though the are now green to me
    Dwarfs, gods among humanoids, giants among... gnomes...
    Quote Originally Posted by The Hitch-hikers' Guide To The Galaxy: Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz
    "Oh freddled gruntbuggly/thy micturations are to me/As plurdled gabbleblotchits on a lurgid bee.
    Groop I implore thee, my foonting turlingdromes. And hooptiously drangle me with crinkly bindlewurdles,
    Or I will rend thee in the gobberwarts with my blurglecruncheon, see if I don't!"

Quote Originally Posted by TonyKP View Post
    We were happy once, WoW and I. There was a time, when we were both young, that we would stay up all night playing, laughing, crying, having fun. It was a simpler era for me - no kids, no career, no other significant other. I had all the time in the world, and WoW and I spent a lot of it together.

Years passed. I got a good job - one that had good insurance and a 401(k), room for advancement, an office with real walls. I met someone, we bonded, and a year after we made our bond official the two of us became the three of us, then eventually the four of us. I had a lot to juggle, responsibilities to meet, mouths to feed.

WoW understood. She responded by becoming less demanding. Her raids got shorter and easier to organize. Her rep grinds became less of a chore. I could do a heroic with my guild in that little slice of time between the kids' bedtime and mine. There was still stuff for people more committed to it all than I to do, but she made this nice little sweet spot for me and for those like me. As I aged, she aged right along with me.

Then Cataclysm came. I knew something was wrong when she took tree form away. It seemed like a bad omen - she saw tree form in terms of numbers and throughput while I saw it with words like "fun" and "smile at the silly dance". It was like the first little indication that we might be growing apart. Like we were starting to see things in different ways.

The signs came fast after that. I tried to keep up, tried to adapt, but it didn't feel right. What she thought was fun no longer matched what I thought was fun. It seemed like she wanted to turn back the clock to when we were both younger, with CC and long rep grinds and parcelling out heals like a mana miser, but I wasn't that man any more. I didn't have the time for two hour heroics and farming mats and all the rest of the old-style routine. I'd grown up a little. I'd moved on.

I see her now, flirting with younger players. Players with the time to spend with her on all the same things that we'd done so many years ago. I try not to get mad with her; she has a right to live her life the way she wants to, but I still get a little sad. I thought we'd reached a happy medium. It seemed to me like we had a lot of good years left in our relationship, but I guess what I wanted wasn't what she wanted, so now it's time to go our separate ways.

I'm a little bitter at the way it all ended, and I feel a little rejected, but I still wish you luck, World of Warcraft. I hope that you find the new, younger players that you are looking for. I've found a young game myself, World of Tanks, who understands me, my life, and the limits I have on how much attention I can give her. The world keeps turning, I suppose, and we all do the best we can to find happiness.

Goodbye, World of Warcraft. It's been fun.

--------------------------------------

Tongue firmly in cheek, although there's a little bit of semi-biographical truth in there. Also, World of Tanks really does rock.
    Since you're quitting, PLEASE put this on their forums! They'll ban you, but not before a good number of people get to read it.

And I agree, the player base is getting younger all the time. Adults do NOT have time for these 4 hour heroic endurance marathons. I think that might be part of the reason the atmosphere is so toxic too... it's all kids now.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyKP View Post
    Not quite sure why it was deleted. I tried it again without the references to World of Tanks and it got deleted again and I got a seven day forum ban. I sent an e-mail to the appropriate address to ask why the original post was an issue - no response yet.
    Imo the post was most likely deleted because it was a well thought out post that wasn't full of qq and blizzard didn't want it to persuade anyone else who may be having similar issues to follow suit.

I may be completely wrong but I have heard about this a lot and that is the only reason I could see for it being deleted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skullmaster
    >>>Complete tools who think that cows have horns. Cows don't have horns and are, therefore, not akin to the Tauren race. If anything, Tauren are bulls, except the fact you can choose a female Tauren. So that kind of just makes a Tauren a Tauren. -.-
    ...lol

Woah, someone who didn't go and rip on the game they're quitting just to feel better about leaving the game in the first place.

Good luck to you and your family.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dion04 View Post
    Cataclysm doesnt require more time, just more skill. And mostly its a skill you either have or you dont. And its not elitism i speak of, but to be able to dynamically adapt and make the right choices while managing your class's new and better rotations.
    This couldn't be farther from the truth. The amount of time it demands to basically do anything besides PvP is just too much. 50 minutes in a heroic queue, followed by a couple of bad players or tanks/healers randomly leaving in the middle of things and wiping on bosses because someone was too proud to say that they didn't know the encounter and ask what to do = ~3 hours just trying to do 1 heroic which is really not that challenging to begin with, nor is it rewarding.

10+ Year Old Account
    Born: Syracuse, NY; Currently live: Raleigh, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by kanzei View Post
    Since you're quitting, PLEASE put this on their forums! They'll ban you, but not before a good number of people get to read it.

And I agree, the player base is getting younger all the time. Adults do NOT have time for these 4 hour heroic endurance marathons. I think that might be part of the reason the atmosphere is so toxic too... it's all kids now.
    if you're taking 4hrs in a heroic regularly at this point you need to review your play style... I've only heard of someone taking longer than that in 1 heroic once so far. (it was a 5hr GB run btw)

---------- Post added 2011-02-07 at 09:32 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Taros View Post
    This couldn't be farther from the truth. The amount of time it demands to basically do anything besides PvP is just too much. 50 minutes in a heroic queue, followed by a couple of bad players or tanks/healers randomly leaving in the middle of things and wiping on bosses because someone was too proud to say that they didn't know the encounter and ask what to do = ~3 hours just trying to do 1 heroic which is really not that challenging to begin with, nor is it rewarding.
    Really? so a 45 min wait in queue + 1 hr doing the heroic (at most) = about 2 hrs of play time... in that 45 min queue you can do all most all your dailies and then finish when you're done. At most you should only need to be on about 2.5-3hrs a day. I really am having a hard time believing that this many people are having this hard of a time in heroics... Maybe my battlegroup just isn't full of fail... (from what i hear Emberstorm-A isn't that great of a battlegrp btw...)

@Rizen

It wasn't my fault. I was just on my mage. We just had a series of tanks that couldn't cope, and a few heals, and the wait in between waiting for tanks after one would get booted or would get embarrassed and quit. I was just determined to finish. The only way I would have quit was if everyone else dropped and I couldn't requeue anymore.

So tired of these emo quitting stories. Noone cares how wow cheated on you and now you've finally moved on. Wow must still have a hold over you if you feel the need to make that long of a post. I see a reunion coming soon.

:/ This post is creepily similar to my WoW past.

While it was a great read, I find it hard to have sympathy for all these posts that talk of "difficulty" and "2 hour heroics." I think it's just a matter of the people you're playing with. I don't feel the rep and instance grind are too far off from WotLK. If a group you're in is having too much trouble and you feel like you're wasting your time, drop group? Why spend 2 hours in a heroic when you could just drop a bad group and requeue? Maybe come back after a content patch or two when they're handing out epics for justice points and it'll feel more like WotLK again.

I applaud you for unsubscribing and moving on with life instead of coming to the forums like a lot of these people and complaining about the game day in and day out. What I don't understand is why these same people make endless posts about how WoW is terrible now or how Rift is amazing when they're STILL paying and STILL playing WoW.
    Last edited by Nightlark; 2011-02-07 at 09:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightlark View Post
    :/ This post is creepily similar to my WoW past.

While it was a great read, I find it hard to have sympathy for all these posts that talk of "difficulty" and "2 hour heroics." I think it's just a matter of the people you're playing with. I don't feel the rep and instance grind are too far off from WotLK. If a group you're in is having too much trouble and you feel like you're wasting your time, drop group? Why spend 2 hours in a heroic when you could just drop a bad group and requeue? Maybe come back after a content patch or two when they're handing out epics for justice points and it'll feel more like WotLK again.

I applaud you for unsubscribing and moving on with life instead of coming to the forums like a lot of these people and complaining about the game day in and day out. What I don't understand is why these same people make endless posts about how WoW is terrible now or how Rift is amazing when they're STILL paying and STILL playing WoW.
    I'm with you. people need to cut the cord and QUIT the game.

nice read. Its funny how this expansion didnt last long... i remember when it came out i was stuck in 2 hours ques... now there is never a que... ever... iguess lot of ppl leveled to 85 and quit again