Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Why would the new luck of the draw help with bad groups

Maybe some one could fill me in on this but does really having 15% extra health dmg and healing really make or break a group. I have had groups that have had mainly greens on do way better then people that are in all heroic gear. Mind you the people in heroic gear wouldnt listen and did what they wanted to with cc and all. I just think that this will give people a filled head and make them think this might just go the road of wrath.

Will make things go faster...
    "Blizzard is not incompetent or stupid and they are not intentionally screwing you over"

That is very true, on heroics like deadmines that take forever at nice 15% increase dmg will get things moving. On the first few pulls of say HoO no ammount of increase dmg from luck of the draw will make up for good cc.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pallyofraab View Post
    does really having 15% extra health dmg and healing really make or break a group
    It'll allow a good healer to heal that semi-baddie who stands where fire's about to be for 1 extra tick, but if it's a real baddie who just stays in the fire the whole time, or the bad tank who keeps turning Ozruk to face the group, etc... people will still likely get 1-shot if they're bad but overall with 10/15% more hp/dmg people will have fewer opportunities to show just how bad they are.

I was tanking Ozruk recently luckily had a good and smart healer, because it came down to him and me for over 7 minutes as the dps were unable to find it in themselves to avoid being shattered (bear tank, not charging; used 2 lame feral innervates on the healer too). The extra buf in this case would've made damage a bit higher so though likely the dps would've still gotten shattered and died, but they'd've done more damage before; also my tank damage would've been higher, and the healer wouldn't've gotten as close to OOM as they did.

As it was there were a few mechanics that were supposed to be one shots that players were starting to outgear and live through. Now even more.
    But your eyes are drawn of charcoal they're black they're so cold they're so imperfect because they see a sleeping world where waking isn't worth it

well most of the one shot abilities does around 130k damage right`? you have around 130k hp with 15% more you will have around 150k allowing you to stand in one shot stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see what the problem is with bad players being able to finish dungeons, get JP and all that jazz.

Even with the buff, if they're bad, they're bad. Won't make them any better. There are still some instances where these bad players still won't perform admirably even with the buff. The buff just increases damage, health and healing done, not make people any better at fights.

Just my 2c.

Quote Originally Posted by tyggyr View Post
    The extra buf in this case would've made damage a bit higher so though likely the dps would've still gotten shattered and died,
    The buff wouldnt make these people pay more attention or learn a fight, I dont want blizz to nerf heroics I think they are all in a good place. There jsut needs to be some sort of basic training that you have to go through. Like to unlock a dps char you have to make a end game tank and have certain places under your belt. Now i realize that this will never happen nor will it make for a fun game but lol its and idea.

Quote Originally Posted by istheshiz View Post
    I don't see what the problem is with bad players being able to finish dungeons, get JP and all that jazz.

Even with the buff, if they're bad, they're bad. Won't make them any better. There are still some instances where these bad players still won't perform admirably even with the buff. The buff just increases damage, health and healing done, not make people any better at fights.

Just my 2c.
    it won't make them better, but it will make them avoid wipes because the one shot abilities won't one shot anymore.

I did a random today, having forgotten about the change, and was like "huh, DPS are actually doing damage for once. That's cool."
    I think having that 15% will actually help quite a bit with the randoms. Getting mobs down faster means less heals, plus they're already doing bigger heals. It means when DPS is split you have several mobs going down quicker.

Maybe it was just luck, but the run was a hell of a lot smoother than pretty much every pure pug run I'd done pre patch.

Plus it makes my word of glory work better for keeping me up when the dps or heals aren't doing their job.

Quote Originally Posted by istheshiz View Post

Just my 2c.
    That makes them feel good, decent, you name it. Then they decide to raid - let's say - BoT. They fail horribly, trash wipes floor with 'em time after time. The forum whines begin. Patch notes for 4.x.y: Dungeon Z nerfed, dungeon C nerfed, Raid V nerfed...

It's simple really, if the group would normally fail without the buff, they will still fail because they're bad. However, most people who use the RLFG who aren't idiots will go with people they know, so they wont fail anyway, and if they make a full group they wont get the buff.

Another words, it's useless. The only thing it will promote, as ilo said, is 'confidence'. They'll think they are ready to raid, fail horribly and come here to QQ.

10+ Year Old Account
    If the people are retarted, this buff will not help them gain any more braincells.

because heroics take so long in pugs that the 15% buff will make it go a lot faster

On your next random with all random players right off the bat and guess how good they are. Then pull based off that. I guarantee that you will either highly underestimated them or WAY over estimated them. In general you have no idea how good they are or if they even speak English so 15% basically means that you can get a group full of retards and not have to spam them as much to do shit correctly.
    Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by skatblast View Post
    Fake and Gay
    They never said it was real and heterosexual.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Bojangles View Post
    As it was there were a few mechanics that were supposed to be one shots that players were starting to outgear and live through. Now even more.
    a damage buff wont make up for mechanics.people still died from defile on lich king with 30 percent buff(this was at lvl 80 and it was wrath,but eather way.its a example)

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CrunkJuice5 View Post
    a damage buff wont make up for mechanics.people still died from defile on lich king with 30 percent buff(this was at lvl 80 and it was wrath,but eather way.its a example)
    People are still dying from Defile at lvl 85. XD

It will make it easier to overpower fights.....to an extent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tyggyr View Post
    It'll allow a good healer to heal that semi-baddie who stands where fire's about to be for 1 extra tick, but if it's a real baddie who just stays in the fire the whole time, or the bad tank who keeps turning Ozruk to face the group, etc... people will still likely get 1-shot if they're bad but overall with 10/15% more hp/dmg people will have fewer opportunities to show just how bad they are.

I was tanking Ozruk recently luckily had a good and smart healer, because it came down to him and me for over 7 minutes as the dps were unable to find it in themselves to avoid being shattered (bear tank, not charging; used 2 lame feral innervates on the healer too). The extra buf in this case would've made damage a bit higher so though likely the dps would've still gotten shattered and died, but they'd've done more damage before; also my tank damage would've been higher, and the healer wouldn't've gotten as close to OOM as they did.
    This. Also, the 15% healing buff helps new 85 healers who are at exactly 329 ilvl muddle through until they get better gear. I know it helped my alt with the LFD runs I did today. Then again they did also buff resto shams a bit (chain heal, increased range on Healing Rain) so that prob helped a bit too. Actually, no, not much. It was the 15% buff.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    The shorter a boss fight is the less time there is for someone to do something boneheaded and die. More DPS never hurts.
    Narfwak - Elemental Shaman
    <FH>
    Black Dragonflight-US

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rfwak/advanced