Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    "got crit for 44k/32k/30k back to back by a fury warrior today, i went full to empty in literally 3GCDs"

Yeah but they're melee. They're supposed to hit like that! And their stuff can be soothed to make them not Super Saiyan! And clearly Mages don't have to worry about offensive dispels or using cooldowns because we can still 100-0 people in 15 seconds while controlling the whole other team and CSing damage and heals while knitting a scarf and cooking a delicious pizza to serve to everyone giving us a +5000 Int/Stam/Str/Agi buff and tanking all other damage because we're Mages and don't have to worry about being attacked because none of our stuff can be dispelled and we're unstoppable juggernauts that have ruined the game for the past 6 years and none of us should be able to 2v1 or 3v1 random world bads because that just shows that we're unstoppable juggernauts and we deserved a nerf because our damage was way too high because we had to stack crit to make it worthwhile and nothing else and so because we all have a 100% chance to crit against frozen targets which happens to be every 2 seconds because we have 800 different ways of freezing people for full durations and none of our novas break early due to damage because we're unstoppable juggernauts.

We needed a nerf.
    I lol'd but it's true

OP, please lay off the crack pipe, mages are OP as shit to most classes. If you're a frost mage and dying a lot in PvP, its not the class thats broken, it's you

Quote Originally Posted by Hotfish View Post
    Lawl. Try to spam frostbolt with a DK on your face in arena. See what happens.

I'm not going to waste time debating with nobodies here. Just read the opinions of 2500+ rating gladiator mages here:
    Awwww, shatter only doing 17k now? How sorry I feel for you.

ALLL i see now are DK's, Priests, and Hunters. NERF NERF NERF!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Fullblod View Post
    He has a point. Frost mages should be buffed. As a druid all I have to do to avoid frost nova is shapeshi- oh wait.
    lmao, killed me!

Quote Originally Posted by provocator View Post
    I lol'd but it's true
    1v1 were still hard to kill for a lot of classes, but in arena with all the dispells flying around we're quite bad atm and while being trained 4k icelance is basically all we got now.

The ones that rerolled cuz they heard it's good are dead, the true frost mage players are still rocking, cuz frost mages are still very good.

Good troll nonetheless.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    i read the comments and rofl cuz people are such douches that fail to see that top 100 arena teams are full of dks and pallys and fail just suck cuz if they are focused a little they fall like a glass and break.qq is qq and kids will remain kids forever

Quote Originally Posted by wakarimas View Post
    They wouldnt be gladiators if their faceroll class wasnt so op. Nerfs were justified and they still need more.

And after reading a few threads on your fanboy gladiator mages thread i can conclude that its the same sort
    of mindless defending of a class that is op as you get on mmo-champion.

Just because you are gladiator with a op class doesnt make you right when you talk crap.
    Mages weren't faceroll nor op in s8

Quote Originally Posted by Hotfish View Post
    Lawl. Try to spam frostbolt with a DK on your face in arena. See what happens.

I'm not going to waste time debating with nobodies here. Just read the opinions of 2500+ rating gladiator mages here: http://www.arenajunkies.com/forum/17-mage
    HAHAHAH.... now you know what it feels like to be a balance druid. Try doing anything with ANY mele class on you. All we have is natures grasp, which may or may not root them based on how many pets are around.

Stop crying. I don't care what some gladiator mage said, you guys have been the strongest caster pvp class forever so them getting 2500 in 2's is like a balance druid getting 1500. Boo f^cking hoo i cant hit 25k icelance spams anymore.

Dead ? Of course not. It'll take a lot to kill frost mage PvP.

Much weaker ? Definetly. Hardcasting frostbolts into a deepfreeze means much more chances to be locked out, combined with a lack of haste.
    Frost mages are easier to lock down with an bigger reliance on frostbolts as well.
    And finally, as always, buffs to hunters indirectly means nerfs to mages, because hunters have always been able to rip through mages quite easily.

Quote Originally Posted by badluck View Post
    HAHAHAH.... now you know what it feels like to be a balance druid. Try doing anything with ANY mele class on you. All we have is natures grasp, which may or may not root them based on how many pets are around.

Stop crying. I don't care what some gladiator mage said, you guys have been the strongest caster pvp class forever so them getting 2500 in 2's is like a balance druid getting 1500. Boo f^cking hoo i cant hit 25k icelance spams anymore.
    Im a warlock and barely got hit by 10-13k ice lances Im not trying to defend mages im just saying the truth

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    So wait, even though the guys posting in those have been Gladiators from S1-S8...they got that because Mages were faceroll? Really? For two whole expansions?
    The gladiators have it right, mages are broken in arena. They are inferior to pretty much every other dps class in arena minus maybe a rogue. Keep in mind, 90% of those 2500+ gladiators DO NOT just play a single class... many have every class at max level so they can swap to the new fotm. (lol I know it sounds sad but yeah) and despite what people say, they do have the best opinions on which classes are the most powerful since they play against the best players in the world.

Who would you trust? someone who does battlegrounds and low ranked arena, playing the same mediocre players every day, or someone who plays against the best players in the world on a day to day basis. I think I'll trust the later.

In the present state, I will be surprised if there are any mages in the top 5 in 3s this season if things stay the way they are. I will be very impressed with the skill of the mage that is.

Quote Originally Posted by savvasp View Post
    Im a warlock and barely got hit by 10-13k ice lances Im not trying to defend mages im just saying the truth
    And your ok with being hit by 10-13k instant spammable casts? Takes a lot of practice to jump around with 4-5 pets casting icelance waiting to counterspell someone so you can cast, then freeze them, cold snap, and do it again. I can't believe classes with that much skill involved even get glad title.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by savvasp View Post
    Only 13k icelances, as a warlock you have 25% damage reduction? Thats right with soul link ya?
    So add 25% to 13k damage, and joy of joys its still stupid SPAMABLE damage...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mengucekli View Post
    Good one

To the OP: Nothing can make me believe frost pvp will be dead, after 8 years of arena experience!
    ermm..forgive me if wrong but arenas have only been aroung since tbc? which was not 8 years ago...

Quote Originally Posted by autodidact31 View Post
    OP, please lay off the crack pipe, mages are OP as shit to most classes. If you're a frost mage and dying a lot in PvP, its not the class thats broken, it's you
    You must either be facing exceptional mages or you're a mediocre player at best. No matter what class you are you shouldnt have very much trouble with mages. Dying isnt an issue, of course a mage can run away... but they can't put out any dmg without casting ALOT. With every melee and ranged class having an interrupt, that makes things a little tough. hunters, warlocks (as always), rogues, DK, hell even fury warriors (idk about arms with the charge/intercept nerf) will rip through you like butter 1v1.

I do not think that mage dmg needs to be increased nor decreased, but the reliance on casting, with the current state, puts mages behind pretty much everyone else. \

There are 2 classes that need to be redesigned right now, that I can think of off the top of my head :mages and druids, namely balance and feral.

15+ Year Old Account
    And your ok with being hit by 10-13k instant spammable casts? Takes a lot of practice to jump around with 4-5 pets casting icelance waiting to counterspell someone so you can cast, then freeze them, cold snap, and do it again. I can't believe classes with that much skill involved even get glad title.
    To quote Chris Gyphon: "Uhhhh......WHHHAAAAAAAAAAA?"

My pets can cast Ice Lance? I can Cold Snap to get them back?
    BfA Beta Time

spammable? you mean 2? ice lance hits for about 2500 on a non crit medium resil target. The only way ice lance does near that dmg is with fingers of frost, which requires you to be spamming frostbolts... 15% chance that chill effects will proc FoF.

nice try.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Exp View Post
    There are 2 classes that need to be redesigned right now, that I can think of off the top of my head: mages and druids, namely balance and feral.
    Agreed.
    Take some control and defenses away from mages and give it to Balance Druids, that would be fair.