Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

What motivates you getting up in the morning?

So its pretty simple question. What motivates you getting up in the morning?
    2nd part of the question - what are things you do in the morning to make it easier on you?

The reason why i am asking is - when i wake up in the morning i feel like crap... even if i go to bed before 12. I have to wake up at 6:30-7AM everyday and go to work. Sometimes i feel like calling in sick because i feel so bad! like i feel tired and just dont feel like getting up!!! Im sure a lot of people dont want to get up as well, but u gotta.

I tell myself "hey, if u dont get up right now u will lose 175 bucks today, and wont be able to buy that new ipod u wanted" lol after that i get up quickly and go...

edit : Also riding my motorcycle in the morning helps me stay awake Splitting traffic is srs bsns

edit2: also when i get on my bike i see this one girl whos always gets in her car at the same time i get on my bike so i always tell myself "hey look, if a chick can do it, so can you!" lol

What about you?

Edit 3: Here are some of the comments you guys left on here - i tried to sum em up.

What motivates you:

#1 Having no choice
    #2 Fear of scaring or disappointing your family
    #3 School = more money later in life
    #4 Alarm clock
    #5 Warm cup of coffee
    #6 Ritalin
    #7 Knowing that it's one day closer to weekend =)
    #8 Logging onto mmo-champion.com
    #9 I wake up because my body is done sleeping
    #10 Nothing, life sucks!!
    #11 Not being dead
    #12 Seeing a new day
    #13 Finding a new gf/bf
    #14 Shame
    #15 Paychecks ( financial reason )
    #16 Logging into WOW
    #17 Friends
    #18 Regrets
    #19 Kids jumping around
    #20 Energy drinks
    #21 Taking a piss lol
    #22 Tea
    #23 Two pieces of toasted bread with chocolate
    #24 Boobs and pizza ( lol! )
    #25 Waking up from a weird(cool) dream
    #26 Fear of losing a job
    #27 Education
    #28 Goals ( any, in general )
    #29 “I wake up in the morning that somehow, somewhere there is an idiot who needs to be corrected and I need to correct them... and what better place to do that than a public school?” – I lol’d
    #30 Hot girls
    #31 Playing some music
    #32 “i don't get up. I stay up late playing poker and wow.
    When you look at it like that it seems sad, but i'm happy!” lol
    #33 2 shots of Jack Daniels and some Irving Berlins White Christmas
    #34 Thinking of doing 30 heroics a day lol
    #35 Hunger
    #36 Watching Supernatural
    #37 Cat’s demands lol
    #38 “Now what makes you think i get up in the morning?” haha
    #39 Playing Sports

How to fix your problem ( get more motivation etc… )
    1. See a doctor
    2. Fix your sleep pattern ( go to bed earlier etc… )
    3. Get a new mattress 
    4. new Diet
    5. make a routine and follow it
    6. excersize
    Last edited by Mazaxist; 2011-02-11 at 11:06 PM.

I have a condition that means I feel pain every day for no good reason. I get up even though it hurts because I am interested in my own quality of life. Its resource management / impulse control. I could spend all my savings tonight partying like Charlie Sheen, or I could make sure I keep a roof over my head, food in my belly, and a reasonable amount of entertainment(pleasure) flowing in consistently. I understand just how good I could feel using all of my resources now, but I also understand how bad it will feel when those resources are gone.

So I show up to work. I budget my spending. I have a left-over night. And I preserve my happiness for both today and the foreseeable future. I try to keep in mind what investments/sacrifices I can make now that will net me bigger gains of pleasure in the future.

I can't motivate myself for anything, but I still get up anyway. I just tell myself that I have no choice. I pretty much feel like crap until I get home in the evening.

I wake up in the morning so that I wont fail and disappoint my fiancee.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have a guy who wakes me up every morning, and if I don't... I get a fine

Don't getting up = Absence at school and Notification.(which will look bad on my report card).

Absence = Don't learn all the stuff.

Don't learn all the stuff = Not good grades.

Not good grades = No med school.

That's my motivation almost every morning.
    I registered on MMO-Champion and all I got was this lousy signature.

I'm a cynic. Deal with it!

Going to work gets me excited. Get cash, buy stuff=Happy!

10+ Year Old Account
    The alarm clock. Nothing motivates me to get out of bed more then that damn buzzing.

After the covers are off, I'm wide awake. Couldn't go back to bed if I tried.

I just think about that warm cup of strong coffee, once it is in my system I am usually g2g for the rest of the day.

A 110 decibel alarm positioned somewhere which requires me to get out of bed to turn it off.
    Without that, I'd sleep for 12 hours a day or more.

There isn't much motivation these days, just fear of the negative consequences of sleeping in and missing work/classes.

Life.

Alarm clock helps.

Deleted
    One Ritalin in the morning and I'm good to go!

Deleted
    Knowing that it's one day closer to weekend =)

10+ Year Old Account
    My 2 daughters..

Also my wife would totally bend my ear about not helping her get the kids ready for school if I didn't get up.
    2 girls 1 cup is the most disgusting thing I've seen 8 times

I wake up because my body is done sleeping.

Quote Originally Posted by Nethilliz View Post
    Knowing that it's one day closer to weekend =)
    lol thats a good one.

I obviously have an alarm. Its just i really feel tired when i get up - for about first 30 min. Then it gets better. I get to work at 8 and get a cup of coffee. Im not exactly sure if it actually helps, i think it does or maybe i just force myself to believe it does.

Fridays arent so bad though but mondays mornings suck big time

Nothing.

Remember that guy you saw? The one living in a cardboard box with all the cables running into it? Yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazaxist View Post
    So its pretty simple question. What motivates you getting up in the morning?
    2nd part of the question - what are things you do in the morning to make it easier on you?

The reason why i am asking is - when i wake up in the morning i feel like crap... even if i go to bed before 12. I have to wake up at 6:30-7AM everyday and go to work. Sometimes i feel like calling in sick because i feel so bad! like i feel tired and just dont feel like getting up!!! Im sure a lot of people dont want to get up as well, but u gotta.

I tell myself "hey, if u dont get up right now u will lose 175 bucks today, and wont be able to buy that new ipod u wanted" lol after that i get up quickly and go...

What about you?
    This is how I feel every morning.

Deleted
    i wake up normally about 2-4pm when i should wake up for 9-10. But i have nothing to get up for im trying to get into the right sleep pattern for when i start work hopefully within the next month or 2 xD but when i did work i use to think 'i need to get up and go work or i wont get to smoke weed this weekend xD

I'm not dead...might as well get up.