Deleted

Should I roll with Uh or Dw Frost?

Okay, so basically I just wanna know that which one really is better dps, Unholy or Dw Frost? I currently play heroics as frost but every now and then people say that UH is better in every way... Opinions people?

UH is likely to be ahead from what I've read from EJ/Consider, but the difference is probably relatively marginal after all the UH nerfs. I'd just play whichever you enjoy more.

Deleted
    Well I currently enjoy playing frost more... UH rotations seems quite hard and I kinda like frost more. But I have UH as pvp spec

15+ Year Old Account
    Unholy is probably slightly ahead if you can play both to the max. i'm just too used to Unholy myself to stay frost, sloooooooooow GCDs are sloooooooooow. if you're more used to frost and have gear setup for it (mastery) just stay frost imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sothoth View Post
    Well I currently enjoy playing frost more... UH rotations seems quite hard and I kinda like frost more. But I have UH as pvp spec
    I think that you just answered your own question. No reason you have to play the same spec for both pve and pvp. Take a look at top players in pve and pvp and most of them have a frost and unholy spec.
    I like sandwiches

Deleted
    Yeah I kinda did I just tried UH on heroic and it wasnt so good so I think I will just go with the DW frost...

15+ Year Old Account
    Mmm, even if UH was hypothetically 15% better than Frost, you still wouldn't see a damage increase if you decided to suddenly switch to a spec you're not ready for.

Remember, the "x spec puts out more damage than y spec" posts assume that the people playing x and y specs are playing them perfectly.

Don't forget that the two specs also call for different gearsets: DW Frost eschews haste, has a 5% hit requirement from gear and needs to be expertise capped. UH, on the other hand, loves haste and wants as much haste and mastery as possible. Meanwhile, UH doesn't care about expertise, and requires 8% hit from gear. Trying to play as UH in your DW Frost gear will automatically give you subpar results.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)