Thread: Anub'arak lol ?

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Anub'arak lol ?

So i just made a group fort TOGC 25 , just for fun. Yeah , I know It's a 80 raid but we did it for fun and for the acheivements. Even if it we had 15 pugs ( 10 guildies , 15 pugs ) , their gear , healing done and dps were pretty good. We one shotted everything and the run was smooth. When we faced Anub , the fight was pretty smooth too. Everything crashed when we hit last phase. The healers were healing the raid perfectly and the dps was very good. But lol ? MS nerfed... The boss wouldn't drop at all. Our MT healed the boss for 3 million. I know it wasn't the prefect group but the healing and the dps in last phase were very good. At 130k hp ... the HP Anub gains is just insane compared to the dmg he takes. Yes , It's a lvl 80 boss. I think this boss mechanic is good but bad at the same time. It makes the fight challenging even at lvl 85. But.. It was easier at lvl 80. What do you guys think about this boss mechanic ? Should they nerf it even if It's lvl 80 ? ( because they did nerf MS and tripled our hp. ) or keep it like that so It's more challenging ?

If your boys were healing for more than they were damaging, maybe you should have been doing rated BGs >.>

It's not harder now than it was at level 80...it was one of the most difficult bosses in the entire expansion. And, you don't have to do anything different...your healers have to let people sit very low, and the tanks don't need to be topped off either when their health pool is 4 times bigger...even with the nerfed ms the level 85 dps will be more than enough to make up for it and make the adds, which was a big part of the difficulty, a complete joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Killer View Post
    The healers were healing the raid perfectly
    they shouldnt

Tell your healers to stop healing and kill it.

Deleted
    you shouldnt heal at all last phase, it takes time to drop from 130 to 0 , just let helaers dps last phase

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mastertroll View Post
    they shouldnt
    perfectly =/= full.... perfectly = 5% hp.

10+ Year Old Account
    You have to let health drop really really low now. Keep your tank at 50-75k, keep your DPS/Healers at like 2-8k, Leeching Swarm does a percentage of health damage (and healing to Anub) with a minimum of like 250. So don't keep your tank high, and let everyone else go way down.

5% of current HP is too high. 2-3k HP max is enough, and healing stream totems are a great tool for keeping people at about the correct Hp level.

This is a fight that gets harder as you get better gear... at the end of wotlk with the MS nerf etc it was arguably harder then yogg+0 ;o.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tennesseej View Post
    You have to let health drop really really low now. Keep your tank at 50-75k, keep your DPS/Healers at like 2-8k, Leeching Swarm does a percentage of health damage (and healing to Anub) with a minimum of like 250. So don't keep your tank high, and let everyone else go way down.
    We did. Trust me , I did this boss so many times I know this mechanic. But take a dps who had 25k hp buffed during TOGC time. Now we have 125k. That's 5x more. The dps is around 2x or 2,5x stronger than lvl 80. So the boss just geats more healing + the MS nerf. It makes the last phase almost impossible.

if they were healing "perfectly" according to the fights demands than yes your comment would have made a sense
    but obviously they were healing the raid to full because most of the guys there didnt have a clue what anubarak is doing
    so please spare us from your useless comments in the future

5% is way too much.

5% of 120k is 6k health, that's like being at 30% in wrath. No guild leaving the raid at 30% killed Anub in TOGC.

Try leaving your raid at 600 health instead of 6000 like you had to in Wrath and then you might get a kill. It's a HEROIC boss, just because you're 85 doesn't mean you can still cheese the fight mechanics just with lolol dps

p.s. Healing stream totem ticks for like 700 these days. Assign healers to the cold debuff and the last phase requires no other healing except on the tanks, who should be kept at like 40-50k tops instead of full
    Last edited by Ciah; 2011-02-20 at 10:09 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seahippo View Post
    We are gunna use some dust brown to paint some happy little tornados here, and one more here. Then we are going to use some white to paint happy little wind blasts here. Just dab the brush along the base of al akir, and there you have it. THE GAYEST FIGHT EVER

Percents mean different things now that they did at 80. Five percent at 80 was beneath 1.5k health for some classes (say like 27k health as a leather wearer in ToGC circa early-mid 3.2). Now at 85 it can be over 6k depending on class and gear. That's a lot more healing on Anub than there was at 80 when multiplied by 25 players.

I suspect that the most important part of doing this fight at 85 would be to not top off your tanks. A tank at 100% with 150k+ will heal Anub for a shit ton.
    Last edited by Tore; 2011-02-20 at 10:07 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PBitt View Post
    5% of current HP is too high. 2-3k HP max is enough, and healing stream totems are a great tool for keeping people at about the correct Hp level.
    My bad , I meant 5k HP. I was sitting at 2k-3k the whole phase. But seriously , go try the fight. You will be surprised.

take 2 tanks, 21dps and 1-2 healers.
    5 shamans, healing stream in each group.
    1-2 healers shud hav an aoe heal pool, like healing raid or efloresance
    Only heal tanks but keep them only around half health at most. Ignore group completly healing stream totems wil do the job + effloresance is to scared.
    zerg, dead boss.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crashik View Post
    you shouldnt heal at all last phase, it takes time to drop from 130 to 0 , just let helaers dps last phase
    You guys don't get it, doesn't matter the health pool you have since the swarm absorbs 30% of your total life, not X life. Because of that, Anub is receiving about 1 milion HP per second. Can you dps that?

Edit: 30% in case of Heroic TOGC. In normal is 10%, about 330k per second.
    Last edited by Condriano; 2011-02-20 at 10:09 PM.

You know you play too much WoW when your girlfriend's pants have a low drop rate.

Deleted
    Don't forget to take at least one hunter, so he can apply Widow Venom.

i lol'd

but... no
    DE:
    Theorie ist, wenn man alles weiß, aber nichts funktioniert.
    Praxis ist, wenn alles funktioniert, aber keiner weiß wieso.
    Und Windows hat es geschafft Theorie und Praxis zu vereinen: Nichts funktioniert, und keiner weiß wieso.

EN:
    Theory is, if you know everything, but nothing works.
    Practice is when everything works but nobody knows why.
    And Windows has managed to combine theory and practice: Nothing works and nobody knows why.

with the amount of health everyone has i would have 1 healer heal just the tank, and everyone including the rest of the healers just dps