Demon Soul : Felhunter

I was testing the affliction spec last days and i saw something weird.
    In the tooltip, when i use Demon soul : Felhunter, the damage of bane of agonie are not increased, indeed the damage of bane of doom are !
    Then i tested it on dummies, and i figured out that the damage of bane of agonie are really not increased by demon soul: Felhunter, but the damage of doom are.
    The tooltip of the demon soul says 20% periodic shadow damage during 20s. Is not agonie perdiodic shadow damage? i thought that doom was not periodic shadow damage...but it is.
    All the other periodic damage we have in affliction are increased ( UA, corruption, drain life, drain soul...etc), only agonie is excluded.
    So, anyone having that problem too?

Ps: sorry for my bad english.

10+ Year Old Account
    Interesting. I'll run some tests when I get home and see if it's indeed not getting buffed by Demon Soul.
    Lained - 60 Shaman | Lainedtv - 60 Druid | Lainedz - 60 Paladin

Deleted
    whole fucking warlock classs is burning in bugs! and stuffs.. the class is a broken class, remove it from game blizz.. or do SOMETHING ABOUT it your lazy retards

User was infracted for this post. - Simca
    Last edited by Simca; 2011-02-21 at 01:03 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you casting BoA before or after you popped DS? I ask because DS only effects spells cast or refreshed after you cast it.

I'm casting it without DS and after poping DS, and it does the same amount of damage.

Deleted
    I can confirm this:

BoA casted without DS:F --> 645 (first tick)
    BoA casted with DS:F -----> 646 (first tick)

BoD casted without DS:F --> 7759
    BoD casted with DS:F -----> 9311

I'm aware that it's a ridiculous dps gain as affliction, but we need this to folow destruction dps.
    In the begining of the fight i pop my felhunt so i use this DS and in the last 25% i use felhunt, sometimes there only 1 DS to pop but sometimes i can pop 2 so it helps.
    I hope they will correct it, because it's hard to play well affliction and to outrun the other dps, and i love it, i enjoi this spec without isf, there's no need for bug .

From my rudimentary testing (don't trust the one post alternate character)...

It seems that Demon Soul is not affecting Bane of Agony.

Haunt is working correctly with Bane of Agony. I need to figure out a way to better test Mastery. I'm just concerned about everything that affects "Shadow damage over time spells" now... After fiddling with my Elementium Dragonling (only Mastery trinket), it seems Mastery does affect Bane of Agony.

I'm going to do a bit more, but Demon Soul had nowhere near the impact of Haunt (despite being 20 and 23% of the supposed same increase) so it definitely not working. Haunt's increase was -very- noticeable after a test.

The amount of extra damage Bane of Doom gets from Demon Soul makes me want to try a build using it instead of Agony. I'm so desperate to use the Felhunter again...
    Last edited by Basmothel; 2011-02-21 at 01:17 AM.

i don't understand one thing in their logic.
    Why does the mastery affect both bane of agonie and doom, haunt affect both too, death embrace affect only BoA, and DS affect only BoD.
    All these buff's tooltip say that it increase shadow PERIODIC damage, why are they different?

Quote Originally Posted by kornoth View Post
    i don't understand one thing in their logic.
    Why does the mastery affect both bane of agonie and doom, haunt affect both too, death embrace affect only BoA, and DS affect only BoD.
    All these buff's tooltip say that it increase shadow PERIODIC damage, why are they different?
    Doom is not affected by Haunt and don't think it is by Mastery. So Demon Soul is the only "periodic shadow damage" thing that affects Doom.

I know for several things, Doom counts as a nuke (since it used to only do damage once).

I tested it one second ago, and Doom IS affected by haunt :
    Doom without haunt : 12661
    Doom with haunt: 15598
    No matter how many stack of death embrace you have, so it's not affected by death embrace. I reforger some mastery, and it affect the damage of agonie and doom.
    So...

I tested it one second ago, and Doom IS affected by haunt :
    Doom without haunt : 12661
    Doom with haunt: 15598
    No matter how many stack of death embrace you have, so it's not affected by death embrace. I reforger some mastery, and it affect the damage of agonie and doom.
    So...
    I was getting no difference when I was testing earlier.

And you can't reforge mastery to test it as when you reforge, you gain/lose other stats which can affect the damage in other ways. Edit: Unless you use hit rating, I suppose.

10+ Year Old Account
    Have you reported this yet, or created a thread on the official forums? If your the first to discover this, you'd be doing the warlock community as a whole, a big favor.

that and its cool to be able to see what you found in a blue post on the front page of MMO-champ

(sorry I don't have anything constructive to add to this really, but figured I'd bring that up)
    If you love / enjoy WoW in its current state, don't bother with my signature...with all due respect, its not for you. (note: I am happy and respectful though, of your enthrallment with WoW... if not a little envious!)
    My dirty little nefarious nautical profession secret - its where I go to get my fix

Quote Originally Posted by Orodoth View Post
    Have you reported this yet, or created a thread on the official forums? If your the first to discover this, you'd be doing the warlock community as a whole, a big favor.

that and its cool to be able to see what you found in a blue post on the front page of MMO-champ

(sorry I don't have anything constructive to add to this really, but figured I'd bring that up)
    I posted on the bug report forum earlier.

No i didn't report this yet. I want to confirm this at 100%.
    For Basmothel, yes i reforged Hit to mastery to get 1 extra mastery point.
    You can test, haunt does affect Bane of Doom for sure, i tested it many times.

No i didn't report this yet. I want to confirm this at 100%.
    For Basmothel, yes i reforged Hit to mastery to get 1 extra mastery point.
    You can test, haunt does affect Bane of Doom for sure, i tested it many times.
    Well, if it does work, it makes me hopeful we'll get some crazy Felhunter-using Bane of Doom Affliction spec.

If only such a thing would make Blizzard look at us and fix this bug/Felhunter.

I hope too. Thanks for reporting the bug
    They just need to fix those 2 banes to make them work correctly and same. They are both periodic shadow damage so i really don't understand why doom should not benefit of death embrace.
    This change would make us cast agonie for 19 sec of DS and cast Doom in the last second to benefit of DS 1min more. And if they fix the felhunt it would be way better , doom at the end of each DS

Quote Originally Posted by Basmothel View Post
    I was getting no difference when I was testing earlier.

And you can't reforge mastery to test it as when you reforge, you gain/lose other stats which can affect the damage in other ways. Edit: Unless you use hit rating, I suppose.
    Or Haste, or Spirit, or Expertise, or even Crit (as long as you only look at non-critical ticks). In fact, the only stats that directly increase the damage of a single DoT tick are Intellect, Spellpower, and Mastery. Reforging is a legit way to test something like this, where you are only looking at individual ticks rather than DpC or DpS of the DoT as a whole.

Of course, haste does not affect bane of doom, crit does not affect damage, spirit does nothing, and i don't think any demo have Expertise, lol.
    I have a trinket with hit that give me exactly 1% of mastery when a reforge it so..
    I remember too that in the begining of cata beta, UA had a soul burn effect, so bad they don't release it because it would have make some use for soul burn for affliction.
    All this things will make affliction way more better spec.

Can confirm this myself, Agony is not affected by Demon Soul: Felhunter... >_>