Page 33 of 65 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Tovarish, now closer to the man, can see that his robes are those of a wizard. Studiers of the Arcane magics were always known to Tovarish to be intellectuals such as himself. When the man, Ben, he says, asked curiously of what brought Tovarish here, it came off as more of an opportunity than a reason to worry.

"I am here only for a short time, as I begin to embark on a new quest. A journey to Darkshore, more specifically, the Grove of the Ancients. It's in the southernmost point of Darkshore. What I hope to find there is an ancient tome. You see, I am a druid with many more years study than other druids of my race. The tome I seek is written in Thalassian, and will give me the knowledge to resurrect fallen comrades in battle. This spell is very important to me, as I do not believe that violence is the way to solve anything, and someone dying because of it is foolish, and silly. I will seek this tome on my own if I must, but I would enjoy the company of a comrade for a change. I've spent many years alone, and in my older age, though with this curse there's no telling how long I will live, but in my old age, I feel as though a companion might be a worthwhile change in my lifestyle. Perhaps you will consider? Or maybe, you have something else in mind?"

Tovarish, sitting back, suddenly realized he had just asked a lot of some whom he'd only just met, but after the fact, failed to see a reason to ultimately adjust what had occurred. In a split second, he decided it would just be best to sit back, and listen to what the wizard named...Ben would have to say.
    WoW : Burning Blade (H)
    90 Warlock, 90 Shaman, 96+ Mage, 90 Death Knight, 86 Warrior, 90 Hunter, 85 Rogue, 80 Paladin, 76 Priest, 70 Druid, 26 Monk

Deleted
    Sianna overheared the talk between the two man that were sitting at the table, looking to their cloths she could see they working with magic. Clearing her mind she grabbed her beer and maked her comfortable and looked what the two man have more to tell to each other.

Bintah frowns, his brow furrowed as he thinks about Tovarish's request. A set purpose would, indeed, be an interesting change from his rather dull life. "Perhaps this would be a fun journey..." He says to himself. He does not note any hostility in the Druid, and on impulse decides to join Tovarish in his quest.

"What you ask is interesting, Tovarish. I haven't had a purposeful journey in quite some time... Very well, I would be glad to accompany you to Darkshore. Perhaps there is something in this Grove that may interest me, as well."
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclejesse
    I'm not very nice and think I will stay away from the forums for a week to calm down
    (Note: This post might have been edited by Boubouille)
    My characters Bintah and Alicia

10+ Year Old Account
    Tovarish takes note of the woman at the bar who's made it quite clear she is watching he and his new comrade. Still curious about the mysterious vibe coming from Ben, Tovarish is ready to leave this place and get on the way of his quest. The woman starting at them is making Tovarish uneasy, and he is ready to leave.

"Very well then my new friend! To Darkshore we venture! I've noticed you haven't had a sip of your drink since you ordered it. I'm going to assume you do not wish to finish it. Should that be the case, let us take our leave, we have much talking to do, and a long journey is ahead of us. Admittedly, I would like to leave these curious looks sent our way as well, it makes me uneasy."

Tovarish stands, pulling lightly at his robe to remove a catch. Turning around to scan the bar one more time, he turns back at his partner and awaits his response.

((So, you accepted! Great! Would you like to start a new private RP? Just go ahead and reply here and we can discuss it further in private messages! ))
    90 Warlock, 90 Shaman, 96+ Mage, 90 Death Knight, 86 Warrior, 90 Hunter, 85 Rogue, 80 Paladin, 76 Priest, 70 Druid, 26 Monk

Bintah also stands, ready to exit the bar.

"Good, let us be off then. We can discuss our journey in detail in a more private setting."

Bintah takes one last look at the slightly bubbling concoction the barkeep had made for him, shudders, and says, "I don't think I will be partaking of this anyway."

((A private RP sounds like quite a bit of fun! Go ahead and send me a message, and we can plan it out.))
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclejesse
    I'm not very nice and think I will stay away from the forums for a week to calm down
    (Note: This post might have been edited by Boubouille)
    My characters Bintah and Alicia

10+ Year Old Account
    Tovarish exits the Tavern along with his new companion, Ben. Farewell!

The door of the tavern darkens, a massive form blocking all but a few slivers of outside light. Ducking his head, a Tauren, impossibly huge even by the standards of his race, steps through the doorway and makes his way towards the bar. Every step causes the worn floorboards to creak, groaning in protest of the weight of his hooves. The bull's attire consists of little more than a rough kilt made of the pelts of various animals and a pair of tough leather bracers on his thick wrists, leaving his intimidating physique on full display. However, the most startling aspect of the Tauren are the hundreds of softly glittering runes etched into his skin. Not an inch of his light brown hide is left uncovered by the golden designs, even much of his face and snout. He approaches the bar and reaches into a pouch on his kilt, then plunks down a few coins.

"Your hardest brew in your largest flagon," he rumbles in a deep bass. "Two of 'em."

He turns to face the rest of the tavern, still standing, having learned long ago not to trust most chairs not made by and for his own kind. He eyes its the other patrons, his surly gaze passing from person to person, sizing up each in turn. He takes up his first drink, his massive, two-fingered hand dwarfing the huge mug. The bull chugs the entire first drink in a few gulps and sets the mug down, wiping the foam from his bearded muzzle. He picks up the second and gingerly leans his bulk against the (luckily sturdy) bar, returning his attention to the rest of the tavern.

Noctus, noticing the less than subtle entrance of a very large stranger, stands up, walks along the bar and take the seat right next to the rune-marked Tauren. Looking up at the massive bull, Noctus raises his mug in acknowledgement and speaks in his best, but still rough, Taurahe:

"It's not everyday somebody can upstage a man with a flying boat! M'name's Noctus, Captain Noctus if you prefer. Might I ask what I should call you? I've been around this Azeroth a couple O' times, but never have I seen a Tauren quite like you."

The Tauren's brows raise in mild surprise upon hearing his own tongue so far away from the Bluff, broken though it may be.

"Not bad," he replied in Common, "No, I'd say few have seen our kind these days. Most have all but forgotten the arts of Rune-mastery." He extends his hand towards the captain. "Muuhl'to Stonefist, Captain."

The alcohol beginning to take its effect as he worked on his second round, a bemused smirk spread across one side of Muuhl'to's muzzle. "Now, you, ah... You mentioned something about a 'flying boat'"?
    Last edited by Khaowdruid; 2012-01-18 at 03:23 AM.

Noctus laughs heartily as he shakes the Taurens hand.

"Aye, that I did. She's my pride and joy, as powerful as the Skybreaker and a might quicker too. If I may say so m'self. 'The Tempest's Lamentation' I called her. She's the reason I had to leave the Alliance. I took up work as a sellsword during this war against the 'Twilight's Hammer', and let me tell you, they paid quite a bit o'gold to have another ship in the air against those Dragons, both sides too! But now the big angry bugger has finally met his end, I mostly sail leisure cruises for a modest fee."

Noctus puts his now empty tankard of ale on the bar counter, and motions the Barkeep for another.

"So, how about you? How does one go about become a.. erm.. 'Runemaster' was it?"

"Mmm," Muuhl'to nodded, gulping down a swig of ale.

"As I said, few even know of its existence anymore. It's an arduous process, requires years of study to learn and understand the primitive intricacies of rune magic and its applications. Arcane energy runs through all things, pouring from the ley lines in the earth itself. The patterns are everywhere, waiting to be tapped. For instance, see these patterns here?" The bull gestured to the back of his hands and knuckles, the surface of which were etched with strong, bold lines, vaguely reminiscent of a blade. "Arcane energy can be channeled through these patterns here, representing the energy found in the forging of steel, giving my fists the same properties found in the source. No need for weapons with these babies here. With the runes, I also have no need for individual spells or tomes like a mage, instead I can call on any combination of these runes, having memorized how my own energy is channeled through each to create the different desired effects."

As he spoke, the glow from the runes momentarily intensified, shining brighter than the rest and standing out boldly against his fur before fading back to their neutral dull glimmer.

"At least, that's the basic idea. In truth, it's fairly complex."
    Last edited by Khaowdruid; 2012-01-18 at 06:27 AM.

Noctus stares at the glowing runes the Tauren pointed out as he intently listens to the explaination of Rune-magic. As the bull finished speaking, Noctus nodded his head slowly, a memory of his time as an Alliance officer surfacing. As he speak, his face become pallid, his smile wanes, and his eyes gloss over ever so slightly; his age finally showing through his merry vitality.
    "Now that I think of it, I remember something similar to these Runes of yours. Up in the Northlands, that terrible place; the Vrykul, they used magic like this. It was terrifying to behold, they were as quick as lighting, their bodies harder than steel. Energy would ripple and spark from them. And I tell you, getting hit by one o' them, I still got the scar. Never seen magic like that before, or since. He stops speaking for a moment, staring off at the tavern wall, and takes a deep gulp from his tankard.

The Captain shakes his head in an effort to clear the cobwebs from his mind. Well, 'till now I suppose!" Noctus throws back his head and laughs, merriment returning to his features. "Jus' don't go knockin' me around, and I think we'll get along fine!"

Concern flashes across Muuhl'to's face as the Captain's disposition seems to shift before his eyes. The bull relaxes again at Noctus' laugh, relieved as the mirth returned to both his voice and demeanor.

"Forgive me if I dredged up anything... unpleasant. I assure you that wasn't my intention. And as for gettin' knocked around, I tend to be a fairly amiable drunk, but with these more... exotic brews..." He drains his third gigantic mug and brings it roughly back down to the bar-top with a satisfied sigh, the clatter breaking the usual din of the tavern.

"... ya never know," he finishes, a lopsided grin on his muzzle.

"So!" Muuhl'to exclaimed, perhaps a few decibels too loud, "What brings you down here, anyway? If you don't mind the inquiry, of course."
    Last edited by Khaowdruid; 2012-01-18 at 02:55 PM.

"Gwhahahahahaha! I sure hope not! I can hold me own in a fight, but I think me entire crew wouldn't be a match for you!" Noctus pounds back his drink and slams the tankard down on the bar, letting loose a truly ferocious belch.

"Well, there are a couple of reasons I suppose. I aint so much welcome in Shtormwind no more, and they don't like me bringing my heavily armed airship near Orgrimar. I also though about stopping in that floating city, but I don't get along well with them Mages. We've been abroad for quite a while now, about a month and a half, and mine crew needed some down time. I figured the neutral-est city in the Eastern Kingdoms would be a good choice. I also shwung by Kezan, or atleast what was left of it, and picked up a few crates of this 'Kaja Cola' stuff. Goblins are crazy for it I hear, so I plan on making a bit more spending coin." Noctus reaches into his coat and pulls out a bottle of a bright-green, glowing liquid and waves it around as he speaks. "Only ever had a swing o' the stuff. I ended up trying to make bombs outa fruit we had kickin' around the hold." Noctus chuckles as he shakes his head at the thought. "Never again I tell you!"

Noctus places the Kaja Cola on the counter and pulls a scroll of parchment from out of his pocket. His unfurls it to reveal a diagram of what appears to be a ship. "There's also a few repairs we need to get done. We had a few skirmisheses on our way here, and there's a nasty tear in the starboard side, near the crew's quarters."

Muuhl'to lets out a low whistle. "Big girl, isn't she?" He pours over the plans, not understanding a lick of the technical jargon, but admiring the vessel nonetheless.

"So what in the Nether could tear a hole like that in a flying gunship? That's GOT to be a good one," the bull asks, taking a deep pull on his fourth... fifth... his latest brew.

"We were coming from Kezan and we passed over some Isles on the way. Turns out a few remnants of Deathwings forces were holed up in a cave down there, they ambushed us. Three full grown, angry, Obsidian Dragons. The first one took an entire broadside volley, tore his wings to ribbons, and the last I saw he was struggling beneath the oceans surface. The second one managed to make a pass at us, scorching the ship here:" Noctus runs his finger along four starboard mounted balistas on the diagram. "He took out five of my men, injured a score more, destroyed a balista, and rendered the other three inoperable. He made the mistake of flying infront of us, right in where the big guns could hit him. I don't think a scrap of that Dragon made it into the sea. Popped him like a balloon." Noctus made a motion with his hand, somewhat remincent of an explosion or something popping.

"The third one though, a big Ol' black bitch. Mighta been a broodmother, I don't know, I don't know nothing about dragons. Near as big as my ship she was. She came from starboard just as the second one strafed the deck. We fired two volleys into the beast as she rushed us, the cannon fire ripping her body appart. She had holes in her that we could see the sky through, but on she came. Her maw opened up and she let out a screech that would make a banshee shiver. After her wailing, and jus' before she hit us, a jet of black flames erupted from her gullet and torched the hull. When she hit us, the ship was forced sever hundred feet to the side, and her fiery breath ignited a stockpile of ammuntion, which caused the rend you see here." Noctus points at the hole in the starboard side of the ship. "Despite the explosion and all the lead we fired into her, the great bitch was still alive, clinging to the side of the hull, her skull visible where her own flames seared her flesh."

Noctus reaches under his jacket and pulls out a fairly large gun, or rather, a small cannon and places it on the bar. The weapon appears to be Dwarven make, made of masterfully crafted Elementium inlaid with Thorium. Along the barrel of the weapon, Draconic runes spell out a word, or name. "I walked to the side of the ship she was on then, she had made me a mite angry. She lead an attack on me ship, killed my brothers and blew a hole in me pride an' joy. It was personal!" As Noctus nears the end of his story, he is very nearly yelling, caught up in the moment. "As I approached the black monster, she jus' stared me in the eyes. I could feel her hate, her hate of all things; me, my ship, my crew, all of Azeroth even. As I reached the edge, her head reared back as she prepared to douse me in those cursed flames. But, I was quick, I drew me weapon and buried a round in her brain, giving her a taste o' Fate. Though the deathblow was dealt, the black Dragon-ess was still stuck to the side of my Ship, so we had to make an impromptue landing. M' boys insisted that we kept her skull, they say it would bring us good fortune. I'd sooner have the men she killed back t' be honest. They were good boys and girls they were." As Noctus finishes he pounds back the last dregs of his ale, and then picks up his hand-cannon, admiring it in the dim light of the tavern.

Muuhl'to listens intently as the captain regales the events, wholly enrapt by the tale. He leans in to get a closer look at the firearm as Noctus sets it on the bar. Even in the low light of the tavern, it is plain to see that the weapon is not just any old standard-issue. The craftsmanship is exquisite, truly one-of-a-kind. Every detail, right down to the inscription on the barrel, tells in no uncertain terms of what must have been a long and unbelievably painstaking production. Someone poured their life into this, what could only be called a work of art. In fact, the only thing more impressive to the Tauren than the weapon itself was its apparent firepower. A handgun, however oversized, that could blast a hole straight through dragon scale and bone was nothing short of incredible.

Muuhl'to shakes his head as the captain finishes. "By the Spirits... You must have nerves of saronite to stare down a dragon like that, let alone have the composure to blast the beast right between the eyes. A dragon that just ripped a hole in your ship and withstood volleys of cannon-fire just to see you dead, no less. The hate that must drive those things..."

He shudders, turning back to his own drink on the bar. He hefts the mug for another pull, but it never reaches his mouth. The flagon hangs in the air midway between the bar and his muzzle as he freezes, visibly tensing. The bull's eyes go wide as a minor detail he'd initially missed at the beginning of Noctus' tale finally works its way through the inebriated fog to connect with the still coherent parts of his brain. A whisper escapes Muuhl'to's lips, a name, nearly inaudible and almost lost entirely to the noise of the surrounding patrons.

"Gor'nax..."

He whirls back to Noctus, his face, only moments ago the very picture of drunken complacency, now wrought with anxious tension. "The isles! Y-you mentioned the possibility of a Twilight presence there, no?!"
    Last edited by Khaowdruid; 2012-01-19 at 03:58 PM.

Taken aback by the sudden change in Muuhl'to's composure, Noctus simply stares for a few moments in a startled stupor. When Noctus resumes speaking, he stammers, partly out of drunkenness, and partly from the shock of the Tauren's change in demeanor. "A-aye, that I did. W-well, I said there were them Dragons, but I didn't see signs of nothin' else. We didn' check out the caves they were holed up in, 'case there were more. Didn' want t' risk another engagement with half me ship mauled to bits."

Notcus pauses for a moment, studying the face of Muuhl'to, searching for some clue as to what set the bull off. "Ye said something there. I didn't quite catch it, Garnak? Gormath? What is it whatever it is? Somethin' to do with the remnants of the Hammer? What's got ya spooked?"

10+ Year Old Account
    ((Just wanted to pop in here say that even though Bintah and Tovarish left here a bit ago, I've been keeping up with the exchange between Noctus Mhuul'to and it's very exciting! Love the back and forth keep it up guys. Truly enthralling.))

The bull places his hands on the bar, bracing himself against both his intoxicated state and the sudden surge of nervous energy. He begins to mumble to no one in particular.

"I-if they're there, he could-...they won't remain there for long... if I could even-... "

Muuhl'to continues for a moment, his thoughts and words jumbling nonsensically through his mind. He lets out a frustrated snort, closes his eyes and shakes his head roughly, silently cursing himself for drinking so heavily.

The bull takes in a deep breath, then exhales slowly, attempting to calm down. He turns once again to Captain Noctus and does his best to speak as levelly and clearly as possible, trying to filter the flooding mix of emotions out of his voice. He remains jittery, however. His tail thrashes behind him and his ears twitch, while his hands are nearly trembling as he begins to speak.

"Yes, Gor'nax. An orc, a Knight of Acherus, and my-... my dear friend. Like a brother. The last I saw him, he left to join the Horde's fight against the Twilights in the Highlands, far up north. He is a most accomplished and powerful warrior, and I have no doubt he drenched the fields with the blood of a thousand Twilight bastards. However, he went missing in action near the end of the Horde's campaign, and no trace of him was ever found. When he didn't return, I inquired with the Horde military, fearing the worst. When they told me, I immediately left and I scoured the Highlands myself, from camp to ruined camp, Twilight, Dragonmaw, or otherwise to no avail. So I've been moving south, following every likely lead, but... nothing. In fact, the last few weeks, the trail's gone completely cold. I'd begun to lose all hope. I... I came in here to try to distract myself, even if only for a short while," he admitted quietly, a touch of guilt hanging in his voice.

"But," Muuhl'to continued, his visage brightening slightly, "if you could give me the coordinates of these Isles, a heading, anything, i-it'd be more help than I could ever hope to repay. This is... this is the most promising lead I've had thus far."

((Thanks, Tovarish, glad you've been enjoying it, I know I have! ))
    Last edited by Khaowdruid; 2012-01-21 at 07:31 PM.