Page 44 of 65 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    "Oh, it is merely a-.."

Tohono was interrupted by the human next to her. She fired her another disgusted look and was just about to bite back when Hanzakij spoke. As soon as he finsihed she slammed her mug into the counter. The mug shattered and the ale left inside it quickly poured out over the entire counter and began dripping down on the floor. Tohono didn't care when she felt the trickle just above her hooves. She was all too focused on the human.

"I fail to see the problem. My friend here does not seem insulted, and I'm afraid there is no other way to adress someone of your kind than as disgusting. I am certainly not at fault, so who here is the one with the problem, miss?"

Tohono could not help but smile smugly at the woman.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gumdrop House, Lollipop Lane, Happy Land.
    Meredith looked at the troll properly for the first time, raising a brow at his motley collection of bones and trophies.
    The insincere smile he wore, if anything, simply added to his macabre appearance.
    Determined not to appear cowed (she almost giggled at the pun as the thought ran through her mind. Oops... That'll be the ale then) or intimidated, she pointed to one of the skulls with a particularly heavy looking brow bone and protruding jaw.
    "Reminds me of an ex-boyfriend." she snarked,
    Feeling the beginnings of the mother of all hangovers as the effects of the ale continued to ebb, she winced at the sound of the mug smashing against the bar, the sound causing her head to start pounding in sympathy.
    She rolled her eyes at the Tauren.
    Funny. None of your kind thought me disgusting when I was helping fight off the burning legion. What, humans are only disgusting when we're not shedding blood to stop your Light-forsaken continent from being over-run? Seems the vaunted Tauren wisdom may have skipped a generation," she sneered.
    Stick that in your mug and swig it
    Last edited by Kerath; 2012-08-09 at 12:37 PM.
    Avatar and signature made by ELYPOP

Tohono stared in anger at the woman for about three seconds before her face suddenly opened up in a wide grin. A bellowing laughter erupted from the tauren as she shook her head.

"You humans might be tiny, ugly and strange, but some of you got quite a mouth to yourselves. I am not implying that I wouldn't smash your skull in if we were ever to meet on the battlefield, but until that day you're alright to me."

Tohono chuckled lightly and motioned at the bartender for another mug of ale. It was a shame her usual temper cost her her first mug, but she did have enough money for several evenings of drinking on her. There was no reason to get upset over something as trivial as a human or spilled ale.

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhat nonplussed by the Tauren's sudden change in tone, Meredith stared at her wordlessly for a few moments.
    Her brain - though considerably less addled than it had been - was still not quite prepared to shift from the defensive so quickly.
    When she finally managed to process what had been said to her, Meredith realised she had let the silence drag on a little long and split into a rueful grin.
    "And to think, I was always told my smart mouth would be the death of me."
    She shrugged.
    No sense in scrapping if I'm not being paid for it
    She reached carefully into her pocket - to show she was not going for the swords that rode at her hips - and retrieved some coins.
    "Alright then. As we seem to have gotten off on the wrong foot, a peace offering. I'll pay for that drink, if'n it please you, and maybe you'll remember that not all humans are complete bastards, next time you see one."
    Meredith ignored the tiny, ugly and strange comment. She had never seen the point in making enemies needlessly. She wouldn't let anyone push her around - no matter how big and ugly they were - but other than that, she wasn't one to let her pride get in the way of good sense.

Mexyragos watched the trio in amusement, his keen hearing letting him listen in on their conversation. He took another sip of wine, watching the massive tauren, undead troll and human speak with one another, before it seemed like they had made a truce.
    The young blue watched all of the bars' patrons, keeping a sharp eye on every single lesser race. The last thing I need is one of them causing trouble, he thought, narrowing his sharp eyes. I'm no one to decide, but since Neltharion's fall and the Aspects becoming mortal, we have been told to stay out of mortal affairs. And yet, even I, as arrogant as I am, I still feel obliged to do or say something. Maybe it's that same arrogance that makes me feel that way.
    Shaking his head slowly, he sipped his wine.
    Pyromaniac protégé.

10+ Year Old Account
    A Night elf walked into the bar, let a hand slide through his dark blue hair. He took a quick look around in the bar, and quickly noted the tauren, undead troll and human talking with each other, That's odd, I woulda expected them to be swinging at each other with swords, he thought to himself as he spotted Mexyragos. He ordered a glass of wine as he walked over to Mexy's table and sat down. "Well, well, if it isn't you again? You've been here quite alot recently," he said, almost in a whisper to Mexy, "Any particular reason you like being near these mortals?"
    Last edited by Temp name; 2012-08-10 at 09:14 AM.

The massive tauren watched the human intently while she dug into her pocket. She was prepared to reach for her maces if the woman tried anything, but she didn't display any signs of it. Tohono grunted to herself after the woman spoke. She could tolerate the human enough to converse with her, but she was not about to accept money from one of them. She waved her hand dismissively.

"No thank you, little one. I prefer paying for my own drinks."

10+ Year Old Account
    Meredith inclined her head.
    "Fair enough. I won't disturb you any longer."
    She couldn't hold back the small smirk at being referred to as 'little one'
    I've been around Gnomes and Dwarves too much...
    She looked up at the enormous Tauren.
    ... Still, now I know how they feel she thought, resolving never to make any cracks about height ever again. She blew out her breath in a long sigh.
    "I'm off to get some shut eye before this hangover really starts to kick me in the teeth."
    She wracked her brain for something suitably polite to say to a Tauren, thinking back to her time fighting with the Allied forces in Northrend, and her fascination with all the varied cultures represented.
    "May you walk with the Earth Mother. And should we ever meet on the battle field, I can't think of anyone I'd rather have my skull bashed in by." The last was said with a heavy dose of wry humour.
    She looked directly into the Tauren's face
    "Though that will be tougher to manage than you think."
    She called out to the Barkeep for a room and a key, sliding the coins she had retrieved from her pocket over the bar in payment for her lodgings, and made ready to take her leave.
    ((I'm assuming the tavern has rooms for patrons....))

Trying to not appear shocked, Mexyragos stammered at the night elf's quick assertion of him. "W-what ever are you speaking of, friend? 'Mortals?' What kind of term is that . . . I'm a human. Isn't that obvious?" He tried to smile innocently, but the vicious scar that ran across his face made it hard for him to look anything but himself.
    Pyromaniac protégé.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Come on, you must surely know," Levi said, "we're both dragons. It's a little hard not noticing." He sipped some of his wine. "Ghastly wine if you ask me, I much prefer the elven ones."

10+ Year Old Account
    Rigimi watched the exchange between the human, tauren and troll with slight amusement. After the human went to go find a room, he took a deep swig of ale and puffed on his pipe. He continued on in Dwarven bliss until the elf entered the room. When he sat down at the table with the human whose looks hinted at being a dragon, Rigimi sat up and watched as the elf struck up a conversation.
    Formerly The Dwarf Lover (TDL)

Mexyragos froze, but then slowly relaxed. "Levi," he murmured, nodding in recognition. "A surprise to see you, truly. What brings you to a dark, muggy place such as this, hmm? And how fares the Red Flight, and your queen, Alexstrasza during these shadowy times?"
    Pyromaniac protégé.

10+ Year Old Account
    "I'm just here to get a cheap laugh," He said in response to Mexy's first question. "We're doing fine I suppose. Alexstrasza is still trying to get over the change last time I heard from her. How's Kalecgos doing?" He took another drink of the wine, regretting shortly after.

Mexyragos nodded. "Our former Aspect is doing quite well. Of all the Aspects, I believe Kalecgos has taken the transformation the best," the blue said, meeting Levi's gaze. "However, I must admit that the Dragonqueen is strong." His pride would not let him - even reluctantly - admit that Alexstrasza may be stronger than Kalecgos, and so he stopped at that, taking another small sip of his wine and shrugging.
    "Well, if it's a cheap laugh you're looking for, the amount of mortals in this tavern this night would easily suffice. Especially that tauren over there," he said, nodding his chin in the massive tauren's direction subtly.
    Pyromaniac protégé.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Taurens I do have some sort of respect for. Especially their shamans and druids," Levi said, "They aren't harming the planet more than the animals they live with, so that calls for my respect. Ofcourse elves.." He said, trailing off at the end, thinking back to his past slightly, "elves are still quite noble beings even after they lost their immortality, and they share most of the taurens ideals with the nature."

Mexyragos nodded thoughtfully. "That is true, I suppose. I despise elves; High Elves, Blood Elves, Night Elves . . . Though they are one of the oldest races of Azeroth, they abuse magic more than even the other lesser races do," the young blue continued in a quiet, almost solemn tone. "I've observed all of the lesser races closely for the past six years. Humans, while young and irresponsible, tend to use magic less often than the Elves . . . And the sin'dorei, mainly. Their strange addiction to magic has led many to be sick and weak. The only way they can keep themselves strong is if they feed this addiction by absorbing magic. That is possibly one of the worst ways to use magic I have ever witnessed. And to come from a race so 'noble' and centuries older than the humans?" Mexyragos shook his head, barely containing his fury. "Foolish, all of them, I say."
    Pyromaniac protégé.

10+ Year Old Account
    "I have to admit I'm not much of an expert on magic, but yeah, that is quite vile. Night elves only recently reembraced their magi though. Just after the great cataclysm if I'm not mistaken? Anyways, we have different ideas of what is and isn't acceptable. I much prefer life than magic, so as long as a race keeps balance in the nature, they'll have my protection as much as I can," Levi said, getting into a short speech. "Orcs are rather vile beings nomatter which way you look at them from. They terrorize the land, they abuse magic, less than some other races but still some, and their demon blood.. I'm disgusted by the mere thought. Undeads are quite wierd aswell, they function and live as humans, but, they're dead. Dead things shouldn't move, it's an abomination towards nature."

Mexyragos nodded. "Orcs are vile, but in their eyes, their bestial nature is more civilized to them than a humans' civilization, or even an elf's. Now, undead . . . Yes. Dead things should not move. If it passes, it should stay in the Twisting Nether. Not return to haunt the lands it once walked in the past, when it retained its flesh and breath."
    Pyromaniac protégé.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Heh, a thing we can agree on, blue. On the note of undeads, how are you with ressurections?" Levi said, "personally, I see it almost as bad as undeath, only bettered by the fact that they aren't actually rotting." He had forgotten how much he despised the wine and sipped at it, "ohh god why did I do that," he said coughing slighty.

Mexyragos watched in amusement as the red choked on his bitter wine. "If I were you, I would trade that in for some of this." He lifted his empty hand, and conjured a second cup of fine elven wine, sliding it across the table to Levi. "You may enjoy it a tad more. As for resurrections, it brings back those who have passed, giving them their soul and breath back, and reigniting the flame of life within them. I wouldn't really say it is a bad thing, but nor am I too keen on witnessing one, preforming one - not that I could, even if I wished to - or hearing of one."
    The blue took another sip of his own wine, the adorned goblet suddenly filled to the top once again.
    Pyromaniac protégé.