Poll: What do you think the new healing CD would be?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Deleted

what could the new healing CD be?

personally, i'm going with something that briefly gives earth shield some sort of buff. something like a 80K absorb (40% of 200K, average heroic raid tank life), 40% healing done increase, a 40% damage reduction,... since most healer CD's are mostly used on the tank, this seems like an original idea.

failing that, spirit link ofcourse

hopefully they will give spirit link back that spell was cool in wrath beta dispite been crazy op with no cooldown, but with a 1.5-3 minute CD and say 10 second duration it won't be any worse than PW:barrier.
    Last edited by Pr0ev0lution; 2011-02-16 at 10:10 PM.

All I can say is druid heals were more fun to play in Wrath.

I voted Spirit Link, not that I think that the new cd WILL be SL but more hoping that it will be.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    a self power infusion would be nice imo

they tried spirit link.... they always seem to have problems working it out

Deleted
    It's gonna be a cooldown that spreads earth shield to several targets with 9 charges each!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malvision View Post
    All I can say is druid heals were more fun to play in Wrath.
    Nominating this for most useless post of the year.

==========================================

I think we need to think outside the box.
    "Chain heal now has unlimited targets"
    "Chain heal bounces twice on all 5 target"
    "For X after riptide, GHW is 100% crit"
    Spirit Link is a neat idea... like in WC3

Absorbs are more or less another class' thing.
    Feral Druids are the most "feared" class in PvP.
    Warodl - Warod

Deleted
    Spirit Link would be nice (and OP, i think) so i dont think its realistic option. I personally (not thinking about balance) would like some mad boost cooldown for chain heal, like just simply one-time +XXX% healing in example. Or ES absorbing some shit.

Really cool cd's could be some aoe healing spell that looks like huge tsunami washing over party members and healing them and maybe reducing enemies' damage. Just joking, lol. I really hate it when someone invents "zomfg crazy new spell for whateverclass! it does 99% damage for all targets and it's spammable and instant!!1" nonsense.

How about making BL/Hero a hybrid for resto where it would include a healing effect like Tranquility.
    Hey If Mages and Hunters can get BL/Hero, why can't we get Tranquility? lol (in my OP dreams)

I think we should have 2 cooldown options that we have to spec into depending on our usual healing assignment. If we are primarily a tank healer, have an earth shield enhancement that we spec into, if we are raid heals, have an AoE enhancement that we spec into, maybe something that would make our A.o.E. spells instant cast and 100% more effective for 5 seconds...
    "Master of the Green Beam"

FrosDKong, Healakong, Pallykong

Deleted
    Spirit Link. Links the shaman's spirit with the target's temporarily sharing damage taken and heals received between the two.

I see this as a shaman's version of Guardian Spirit as what it does basically is give someone extra HP. Guardian spirit used to absorb an infinite amount of damage to prevent the player from dieing, now the damage absorbed is limited (in the spirit link scenario the value absorbed would be equal to the shaman's HP).

This would a nice cooldown and I believe would bring some interesting gameplay options. Spirit Link + HoP the shaman? Beacon the shaman and heal the target of SL?

Quote Originally Posted by User007 View Post
    Spirit Link. Links the shaman's spirit with the target's temporarily sharing damage taken and heals received between the two.

I see this as a shaman's version of Guardian Spirit as what it does basically is give someone extra HP. Guardian spirit used to absorb an infinite amount of damage to prevent the player from dieing, now the damage absorbed is limited (in the spirit link scenario the value absorbed would be equal to the shaman's HP).

This would a nice cooldown and I believe would bring some interesting gameplay options. Spirit Link + HoP the shaman? Beacon the shaman and heal the target of SL?
    I like it! Effectively double the tank's HP and heals received for x amount of time!! As long as they dont make the CD ridiculous and give at least a major glyph or option to improve via talent points.
    "Master of the Green Beam"

FrosDKong, Healakong, Pallykong

We agree with the sentiment among some players that Restoration druids and Restoration shaman are lacking in the healing cooldown department. The shaman buff and Power Word: Shield adjustment above should bring all healers reasonably close in terms of throughput. The decision on who to bring then might end up being dictated by the strong cooldowns offered by paladins or priests. This isn’t the kind of thing we can address via a hotfix, but it is something we are looking at for the next major content patch.

As always, we appreciate your continued constructive feedback and will do our best to keep you informed of ongoing developments.

This may not be completely out of the realm of possibilities.

Whatever it winds up being, it will probably be extremely similar to existing CDs in it's functionality. The mechaincs might be different, but the end result will likely be the same.

It will either reduce damage taken or do something like GS.

What would be really nice is to get two abilities that share the same cooldown. For instance, a tranquility like ability and a pain sup like ability. You can only use one or the other though.

Or something. Either way, as long as we get a CD that isn't tidal force I'll be happy.

They should give us the goddamn spirit link ... dont want to wait another year for it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypernetic View Post
    Whatever it winds up being, it will probably be extremely similar to existing CDs in it's functionality. The mechaincs might be different, but the end result will likely be the same.

What would be really nice is to get two abilities that share the same cooldown. For instance, a tranquility like ability and a pain sup like ability. You can only use one or the other though.

Or something. Either way, as long as we get a CD that isn't tidal force I'll be happy.
    Pretty much this. We're in the world of "everything has to be the same" now. They won't toss out some "cool, unique CD" in today's game. I'd say Tranquility, but we all know what kind of shit storms ensue when we try to borrow something from druids.
    I once had a character named "Clamslam" but Blizzard deemed it inappropriate.
    Retired from WoW: February 19, 2011. It was fun Blizz.

15+ Year Old Account
    I really dont care what we get i am just happy as a sin we are getting some love from blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypernetic View Post

As Hypernetic says, I think that SL will end up being something like GS. Maybe,

Spirit Link: Links the Target's Spirit with that of the shaman, transfering X% of damage the tank takes to the shaman for Y seconds. Any damage that would have killed the target or the shaman instead terminates the link, healing them to Z% of their maximum health.

The way I see it working is Shaman Links with Target and then X% of the damage gets sent to the shaman. (This could synergize well with glyphed HW). If the target takes damage that would have killed him/her then the link severs but heals target to Z% of their health. If the transfered damage could have killed the shaman, then the link severs but heals the shaman to Z% of his/her health.
    Last edited by DeWumpus; 2011-02-17 at 12:20 AM. Reason: Added details for clarity
    I can stand the sight of worms,
    And look at microscopic germs,
    But Technicolor pachyderms,
    Is really too much for me.

Tragic victim of Altitis

I actually wouldn't like a CD like spirit link, it just seems so much like Hand of Sacrifice, just with multiple targets. What I'd actually like would be 2 "CDs", one for tank healing, and 1 for raid also.

For tank part, it wouldn't need to be a big cd. I'd say something along the lines "Your Unleash Life now also makes your next spell to absorb X% of the healing done" or "When healing a target affected by Earth Shield, your overheals place an absorb shield on target of X% of the heal (this would ofc have strict limits, otherwise it would be way too effective)".

For raid healing, there would be 2 different ones I'd just love. The first one would be a throughput cd somewhat to paladins Divine Favor, meaning you can just push more healing when really needed. Either that, or then a new totem cd. A cool idea I've been discussing with some shamans would be sort of raid version of "last stand", meaning that when put down, the totem would be active for, say 20secs or so, and during that time, anyone who drops below x% hp, that person gets boost to maxhealth AND healing done to them, lasting for set amount of time (this could only occur once per totem per person, otherwise it would be preeetty op in pvp).

These CDs likely won't be seen, but at least they are decent suggestions, at least in my mind.

Deleted
    I'd like something like:

"Lifesong"
    xx mana, xx cooldown

"You recite the song of life, causing you and your group members to convert all incoming damage to healing for the next 5 seconds. Only 50% of the converted damage will be healed."

(so no damage for 5seconds, half of the damage you would have gotten is converted to heal.)

Something like that. Powerful unique and arse kicking, but just for a very short duration to keep it from getting too crazy. Also i just made these values up, so in this form it would probably be overpowered, could be tweaked tho!