Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Where did the excitement go?

I remember first logging into WoW and starting up an epic adventure. I was new to MMO's at the time, and really had no idea about the lore in WoW. I met everything with excitement, and was totally enthralled with everything new I was experiencing. I played Wrath end game to death and considered myself a semi-hardcore player. I was focused on achievements and have tried everything the game had to offer. I was REALLY excited when Cataclysm hit, and now only after 2 months the excitement is gone. I really don't know what happened. I see tons of QQ threads, and threads about quitting, but I'm sincere when I ask what it is that has caused this? If anyone else feels the way I do, let me know your story.

I'm looking forward to SWTOR, but I'm definately done with WoW.... I'll miss the story.. I know that.. but the game itself has just lost it's luster..

agreed, dunno why, but i juse can't find the enjoyment in wow i found before.

Same man idk why i lost interest but i did. PLayed the game for 6 years and love every moment of it but when i bought cata and hit 85 just went blah for me
    I Just Herped All Over My Derp !

Quote Originally Posted by Goobkill View Post
    I was new to MMO's at the time,.
    there you are. its probably the same with most games. i remember being totally excited about warcraft 3 or diablo etc. etc.

thats just how it goes, there are lots of players that play wow since day 1 and it gets boring after so much time. we have seen everything and done everything (exaggerated, but still..)

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    People QQ because they can.
    It's not just WoW, MMO's or games in general, the last couple of years whining has become a new olympic sport.
    did you post just to insult people?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm still excited and I've been playing for 5 years.
    I guess its because I take breaks in between content and what not? idk. I still get excited when I log into the game.

---------- Post added 2011-02-17 at 11:36 AM ----------

I remember first logging into WoW and starting up an epic adventure. I was new to MMO's at the time, and really had no idea about the lore in WoW. I met everything with excitement, and was totally enthralled with everything new I was experiencing. I played Wrath end game to death and considered myself a semi-hardcore player. I was focused on achievements and have tried everything the game had to offer. I was REALLY excited when Cataclysm hit, and now only after 2 months the excitement is gone. I really don't know what happened. I see tons of QQ threads, and threads about quitting, but I'm sincere when I ask what it is that has caused this? If anyone else feels the way I do, let me know your story.

I'm looking forward to SWTOR, but I'm definately done with WoW.... I'll miss the story.. I know that.. but the game itself has just lost it's luster..
    I would also like to add...

Why do people feel the need to publicly announce that they're quitting WoW?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurpin-Meh-Durp View Post
    did you post just to insult people?
    No. He stated the truth, as he should.

I completely agree with him

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    People QQ because they can.
    It's not just WoW, MMO's or games in general, the last couple of years whining has become a new olympic sport.
    Its true.

ESPECIALLY MMO's.
    You play MMO's for a long time and many people just lose interest because they play the same game/have played the same game for years on end.

I think the OP just needs something new to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Nioxic View Post
    No. He stated the truth, as he should.

I completely agree with him
    ok we are talking about a game losing interest not talking about QQing take it some where else please?

Thats your answer right there.. Some people get burned out on a single game when thats all they do. Alot of people have just run their course with this game, heck I've been playing since early 2006 and I've stopped raiding when Cata hit, I was just done with that part of the game.

It's a game, it can't keep everyones attention forever.

It's not WoW. It's you. It's always you. No exceptions. Ever. Ever.

Go play something else, take a break, stop posting about it on here. We don't care. Same fucking thread every day, every week, every month, every year.
    By Blood and Honor We Serve!

I can't tell you how excited I got when I opened my Christmas present to find....

But now I don't get excited about it in the slightest. Times change, and if things get old for you, just stop playing.

I know the feeling aswell, 6 years of it was good til Cata, but I've hit a roadblock, which is essentially my own fault, I haven't been able to raid much at all, and I know I could probably get some raiding done if I left the guild I'm in, problem is they're all really good mates of mine and I don't want to leave them just for raiding.. I thought trying out Rift beta might tempt me to try that out for atleast a few months to get rid of the boredom factor but that didn't work either. Guess I'm finally getting complete gaming burnout.. =/
    I'll slap you so hard you'll feel like you've kissed a Freight Train..

Quote Originally Posted by Lightfist View Post
    It's not WoW. It's you. It's always you. No exceptions. Ever. Ever.

Go play something else, take a break, stop posting about it on here. We don't care. Same fucking thread every day, every week, every month, every year.
    again man..... you dont run these forums if he wants to post he can, you dont like it dont respond no one cares

Quote Originally Posted by Hurpin-Meh-Durp View Post
    again man..... you dont run these forums if he wants to post he can, you dont like it dont respond no one cares
    It's spam. Always the same thread, god knows how many times a day.

I'm with det on this one - please, Mods, make this a bannable offense. Maybe it'd at least get a few of you gone.

...also, has anyone noticed that whenever someone has been playing the game for a long time now, it's ALWAYS 6+ years?
    By Blood and Honor We Serve!

I'm in the same place at the moment. Also consider myself semi-hardcore and I'm also quite the achievement-farmer. I was sooo excited for Cataclysm, and I loved every bit of it the first month or so. But when things settled down, heroic gear farmed, achievements complete, things just went boring really. I found myself clearing old content with a few friends, just like the old days. But even that dulled out in a few runs. All I ever do now is daily heroic for Valor, 3 raids a week and playing the Auction House for gold I don't need. I guess I'm just waiting for better days and new fresh content.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightfist View Post
    It's spam. Always the same thread, god knows how many times a day.

I'm with det on this one - please, Mods, make this a bannable offense. Maybe it'd at least get a few of you gone.

...also, has anyone noticed that whenever someone has been playing the game for a long time now, it's ALWAYS 6+ years?

Since when does it equate spam when this is a forum to express your thoughts and ideas about the game? He is simply expressing himself. Last time I checked, that was the purpose of this place. And if it bothers you so much, why do you click to read?

10+ Year Old Account
    You were new to the whole MMO world. It's not the game, it's you. Once humans get used to something it won't be exciting anymore. Everyone has this problem.

I have lost excitement with wow for a couple of times... even in BC. But that was easily fixed. I rolled an alt, learned the class, loved it and got excited.

When Cata hit, i deleted a lot of alts and started new ones. Learned the class (again), loved it and got excited.

Sometimes it's just the character/class/race you play. If you try a different thing, you will notice a lot of changes and appreciate the work involved in Cata. As for end game content, i can't say anything because i haven't raid yet, mostly because of what TheJester210 said. My guild just doesn't care about progression and we lost a lot of people (even the first ones that helped form the guild). But the ones still there are good friends. I just can't leave them like that.

"I no longer enjoy happy meals and I`ve been eating them 3 times a day for last five years. Help me doctor Phil, Ronald Mcdonald is failing on me!"
    Last edited by Sunshine; 2011-02-18 at 12:58 AM.