Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    Hehe, I think we are all posting to quickly to realize that he has seen the information now and accepts it, and had simply missed it before.

Let's move on.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx View Post
    Blizzard is a conglomerate that through lower sub numbers has raised revenue. They're not stupid, they're just not catering to you.
    Yes yes, I know, the sky just bonked you on the head, casuals are taking over the government, and some baddie just got a raid drop... I think you'll live.

http://darisdroppings.wordpress.com

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hakto View Post
    Seriously?

http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company...es.html?101007

And repeated for absolute clarity.
    and now read the edit that in put thanking dariela for showing me where it was.

and whats with the 'seriously' when people are only asking.if u read what i put i was asking for facts to back up a claim that i myself couldnt find,absolutly no need for the smart arse 'seriously' comment.

Maybe these people are quitting because they've been playing the same game for nearly 7 years. Just a thought.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dariela View Post
    Hehe, I think we are all posting to quickly to realize that he has seen the information now and accepts it, and had simply missed it before.

Let's move on.
    yep think thats what it was haha thanks for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    Oh, so I no longer "need to be a president or vice president" to have access to their subscriber numbers? Nice turn around there.
    There was no turn around at all, my statement still holds true. You would have to be a Vice President or higher at Blizzard to have the current numbers I am sticking by that. I don't know where you are getting the idea that I was turning around on anything. You are basing your statements off of information that is nearly 2 months old. Like I stated before, and will repeat: 'there is no way for you to know that information."

Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    You made a reply to mine, saying that WoW is close to death. You lost any ground to stand on after that statement. Further, I find it hard to believe that after 6 years of constant subscriber growth, they're magically bleeding out numbers now. I'm sure in 2 months you'll find yourself with your foot in your mouth.
    Apparently, you are a difficult person to have a rational conversation with in any aspect. I never said that "WoW is close to death" nor did I ever state that they were "magically bleeding numbers." All I have ever stated was that you could not know what the current state of the subscription base is at the moment. But since you will probably reply to this post with some half-intelligent means of trying to state things things that I did not say as some sort of fact, there is no reason for me to continue with these replies to you, is there?

Quote Originally Posted by Thehavalina View Post
    Maybe these people are quitting because they've been playing the same game for nearly 7 years. Just a thought.
    No it just HAS to be because Blizzard with the evil Bobby Kotick have RUINED WoW! It has nothing to do with the fact that I have been addicted to WoW like a hopeless crack addict for the past 6 years and I just can't admit it!

Quote Originally Posted by tonka View Post
    and whats with the 'seriously' when people are only asking.if u read what i put i was asking for facts to back up a claim that i myself couldnt find,absolutly no need for the smart arse 'seriously' comment.
    The irony is thick here.

My comment was not a 'smart ass' comment at all.

You were pointed to the press releases, the 12 million subscriber base press release is headlined on the press release page, it is not hard to find if you actually bother looking as opposed to claiming we're making 'fanboy' statements as you posted at least twice.

Perhaps in future you could refrain from claiming such things are 'fanboy' statements (implying made up) before you avail yourself of the facts.

We patiently availed you of the facts and even then you still insisted on labeling us as 'fanboys', these forums are not a shouting match so using terms like fanboy are at best baseless and at worst inflammatory.

Im pretty sure Rift will be a huge success, as big as wow? Idk that but maybe. All my friends who play wow at work (only 5 Im the only one who doesnt play wow) have already tried the beta and are preordered or preordering. I think its safe to say Trion has created a rare gem of a game that makes everyone happy, like wow did.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by helusay View Post
    There was no turn around at all, my statement still holds true. You would have to be a Vice President or higher at Blizzard to have the current numbers I am sticking by that. I don't know where you are getting the idea that I was turning around on anything. You are basing your statements off of information that is nearly 2 months old. Like I stated before, and will repeat: 'there is no way for you to know that information."

Apparently, you are a difficult person to have a rational conversation with in any aspect. I never said that "WoW is close to death" nor did I ever state that they were "magically bleeding numbers." All I have ever stated was that you could not know what the current state of the subscription base is at the moment. But since you will probably reply to this post with some half-intelligent means of trying to state things things that I did not say as some sort of fact, there is no reason for me to continue with these replies to you, is there?
    So I don't know the current sub base even though they just said it less then two weeks ago? Saying it is floating around 12 1/2 million? Info that was calculated at that time? Hrm

---------- Post added 2011-02-18 at 10:09 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ehllfhire View Post
    Im pretty sure Rift will be a huge success, as big as wow? Idk that but maybe. All my friends who play wow at work (only 5 Im the only one who doesnt play wow) have already tried the beta and are preordered or preordering. I think its safe to say Trion has created a rare gem of a game that makes everyone happy, like wow did.
    Rift might get a million. Rift is def. not as good as some of the games that have been crushed by WoW before, so why should it succeed?

I heard there will be an mmo version of robot unicorn attack. WoW won't even need to die then, mmo-champ will be a RUA-mmo fansite only.

However a sample of 205 people is not enough data to be considered valid in any form.
    This is true, and I don't think I ever said it was a valid poll... ever.

I did completely understand your post, there is nothing wrong with my reading or comprehension skills.
    Sorry, that was a little trollish of me.

I do not have a chewbacca to play with so your last sentence is meaningless.
    You referred to me as C3P0 (incorrectly I might add) but I figured I would return the Star Wars reference. So, not meaningless, completely valid.

According to http://www.surveysystem.com/sscalc.htm

You would require a sample size of over 38,000 to have 95% confidence in the results of any poll about WOW and over 60,000 to have 99% confidence in the results.

205 samples makes it meaningless on any level.
    As I have maintained, I never said it was a valid poll. So pointing out the fact that it is not a valid poll repeatedly is meaningless on every level.

I'm going to clarify something here.

wow's first expansion Burning Crusade sold 2.4 mill copies in the first 24 hours of release.

Wrath of the Lich King sold 2.8 million copies in the first 24 hours of release.

Cata sold 3.3 million copies in the first 24 hours of release.

Can someone please explain where exactly the 'decline' is?

Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    So I don't know the current sub base even though they just said it less then two weeks ago? Saying it is floating around 12 1/2 million? Info that was calculated at that time? Hrm
    The quarterly (Q4) report that was released last week was for the period of Oct. 1st - Dec. 31st. It did not include information up to and including the date in February when it was released. And upon further review, it does not list "WoW Subscriptions" as it's own entity, it only states the earnings for "Subscription, licensing and other revenues" for that quarter compared to the same quarter last year.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to clarify something here.

wow's first expansion Burning Crusade sold 2.4 mill copies in the first 24 hours of release.

Wrath of the Lich King sold 2.8 million copies in the first 24 hours of release.

Cata sold 3.3 million copies in the first 24 hours of release.

Can someone please explain where exactly the 'decline' is?
    Also:

In 2006 the numbers where: 6 million
    In 2007 the numbers where: 8.5 million
    In 2008 the numbers where: 11.5 million
    Right now the numbers are: 12.5 million

I don't see it dropping. Do you?

Quote Originally Posted by helusay View Post
    As I have maintained, I never said it was a valid poll. So pointing out the fact that it is not a valid poll repeatedly is meaningless on every level.
    Saying results are 'interesting' lays a claim of validity.

EG: I polled 2 people and both said wheat bix are better than fruit loops, I think this is an interesting result: discuss.

With such low poll numbers any result is invalid before it is interesting or otherwise.

15+ Year Old Account
    This is literally the FIFTH thread about this today.

Seriously, cut it out.

Locked.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines