Elemental Rotation Change?

I can say I haven't played much at all this past week however last sunday, I was doing some dummy tests and I was trying some stuff. I found that I was getting 200 more DPS consistently higher when I used Unleash Elements for Lava Bursts, opposed to completely forgoing UNleash Elements on Single target.

Basically I changed the rotation to

FS (No DoT) > Lava Burst > Earth Shock 7+ LS Shield Stacks > Unleash Elementals (For Lava Burst) > LB

Now I'm not sure how this is practical in a raid environment as I just tried this on the dummy as to not take any risks on raid DPS, and I'm asking about this because 200 DPS is enough to account into RNG for Fulmination Procs and Lava Surge Procs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dummy tests are basically useless for this kind of theorycrafting, since random fluctuations will throw your DPS off by more than 200 pretty consistently just based on lucky streaks (or lack of them). In general, you're better off running a simulator so you can work up a few thousand hours of simulated combat, to even out those random spikes.

NEVER I REPEAT NEVER! do unleash elementals for lava burst you are an imbecile if you do... you use it for your opening hit IE. Flame shock because you dont want to use a useless Global Cooldown. I do totems *searing, stoneskin, healing, caster wind totem* -> unleash elementals -> Flame shock -> lava burst -> lightning bolt till lava burst is back -> by my last 10 sec on flameshock i get my 9 stack and do earthshock-> LB -> lava burst -> flameshock RINSE REPEAT

Quote Originally Posted by BlastShakeStab View Post
    NEVER I REPEAT NEVER! do unleash elementals for lava burst you are an imbecile if you do... you use it for your opening hit IE. Flame shock because you dont want to use a useless Global Cooldown. I do totems *searing, stoneskin, healing, caster wind totem* -> unleash elementals -> Flame shock -> lava burst -> lightning bolt till lava burst is back -> by my last 10 sec on flameshock i get my 9 stack and do earthshock-> LB -> lava burst -> flameshock RINSE REPEAT

I know how to play Elemental, it was mere a hunch. A simple math problem answered it for me but I was stupid and asked here. If your LB does 13-14k non crit and your LvB is 25k avg and UE is 4 or 5

You would need roughly 8-9k more damage on LvB for it to be worth it, and at 25k it''s only a 5k damage bonus so it falls 4-5k short.

Now how is everyone's dps compared to comparatively geared dps in your raids? It seems like if I get really lucky with crits il sustain 17k but only for about 2 mins(no lust) and it evens out around 14.. which isnt very competetive. Im not wasting any globals, and taking out UE did help but who knows..

I do about 19k on Argaloth which is probably the best stand still raid DPS test since my Troll racial doesn't kick in on him unlike Chim.

I also don't have my 2 or 4p, granted I'm probably the worst geared player in raid since I main swapped to my Shaman about 3 weeks ago since we needed decent ranged DPS but that's middle of the pack for the most part.