auto targeting and shooting question.

I am leveling a hunter at the moment and I am getting more and more in to problems with the auto targeting of this class.
    In some places were the mobs are close to each other I can handle a lot but I need to watch my own agro and also keep my turtle tank alive.
    But this becomes nearly impossible due to the auto target switching and then auto shooting on monsters.

Is there a way to switch off this auto target switching that only hunters seems to have?
    It would help me a lot by not over pulling when I am questing.

Yes there is a setting to turn off auto attack, but even with mine off my target jumps to another enemy if one dies while using a special ability.

That target jumping is just the biggest problem for me in crowded places.
    If my pet kills the target while I am using a special shot I start on an other mob without a restart on the casting sequence.
    I know most shots are instant shots but Steady shot has a casting time and most of the time I am using that during the questing time mob switching so I keep chain pulling.

There's no way within the game to switch it off, and blizzard refuses to speak up on the issue except to say they don't believe it to be a bug. Your best bet is to put your pet on passive and turn your back to mobs just before they die. People have posted macro workarounds on this board, but I don't believe they help much.

I'd have to say, just be careful when mobs are reaching low hp, and use jump to interupt your casts whenever necessary.