Page 16 of 53 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    holy crap whenever i hear a kid say pwned..................it ruins my day

Deleted
    Alot of these are carried over from older MMO's where they had more context.

On topic, for me it's :P.

Because no one has ever stuck their tongue out mid-sentence in real life without having severe downs, so why in game. I may be alone, but it's probably the only one that annoys me, and even then it's not a huge issue really.

Cleave

CLEAVE and any PVP team name that mentions cleave.
    Wizard Cleave, etc.
    Heck, there's even a Hiroshima cleave. Yuck

I despise the word "pally". Seriously? We got pally. There are locks. There are wars. There are droods and DK's. How is it that Paladins got the most retarded sounding nickname in the world? Incoming Paladin hate left over from the pre-Wrath patch, of course, but good god. Pally? Is it hard to say Paladin? Or Pala? Sure it sucks too, but "Pally"? I hate everyone and everything that calls the Paladin class a pally.

I also am not fond of people who get spoken to by their class name in dungeons. You took a moment to see that the dude was a hunter, type his name, or the first few letters of his name. God.

Deleted
    Shammy and Pally / Pala must be the worst used terms.

teribaddy shammy pally.

I don't understand all the ppl saying "lf VOA" when they're looking for tol'barad group.. same thing as ppl in twilight highlands calls it ring of blood :P

Deleted
    l2p, lulz, bio, imba, lawl and lolol

Deleted
    Bio#)(%#?! Srsly i hate it so much

Quote Originally Posted by druenos View Post
    Nobody has mentioned " meh " yet, i once asked someone in our guild who uses it every fucking sentence what it meant and he couldn't tell me. haha
    Meh was actually added to the oxford english dictionary....not joking. It's a real word.

Quote Originally Posted by Migey View Post
    You know, would be interesting to find out where some of the more ambigious acronyms or abbreviations actually came from. Im not 100% sure where ''ding'' or ''proc'' come from. Would be interesting to derail this thread into a discussion on where all these originated.
    In Everquest, the first commercially popular MMO, when you leveled you got a bell sound effect. The term has been used in basically every MMO since.

The source of Proc varies. Some people say it comes from "programmed random occurrence," some from "process" or "procedure."

Same with some of the other terms. People often use what they previously called it by, such as the 5% level markers being called "bubbles" even though the XP bar is obviously a bar, and people calling barin hold "VoA." That's what it was called in wrath. "Ring of Blood" was from Burning Crusade. Habits are hard to change.

Deleted
    DPS... I much more prefer the FFXI term: DD (for Damage Dealer).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Veriu View Post
    Meh was actually added to the oxford english dictionary....not joking. It's a real word.
    The use of "meh" as an occasional expression to indicate apathetic feelings towards something is fine. However, I frequently see people using it for "me" which is absurd because it's more letters and the 'h' changes the pronunciation entirely. If it wasn't in context, no one would ever know what one was saying.

I'm not sure which one most people are complaining about, but if one is using it every other sentence, probably the latter.

such as the 5% level markers being called "bubbles" even though the XP bar is obviously a bar
    No way, man, they're sausage links not bubbles. Yes, it's an experience bar, but once built on the foundation of linked meat. To use in a sentence: "I'm just two sausages away from level 85."

Sell it.
    Last edited by Tziva; 2011-02-22 at 08:39 PM.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Raazer View Post
    First, most of this is not WoW terminology, it's gaming terminology.

Noob - used WAY before WoW...by like 7 years or so. We were using it in the Ultima Online days back in 96-98...
    bio - same as noob
    dr00d - started around EQ thanks to the class system it brought to the genre
    Words ending in z0r - EQ Days

And on and on and on...so you can thank those of us that are older and have been playing this genre for well over a decade (Some like myself a decade and a half) for the gaming vernacular! ;p
    "noob" I think comes from the military, and has been used for decades (as in at least back till the 1960s), where new people are called either "noobs" or "nub" meaning "non useful body"

Things like baddie, noob, nub, negative class-names (Loladin, lolknight, stuff like that), basically all ways people put each other down in supposedly cool ways, being addressed in groups by my class rather than name irks me too ("Warrior, you focus on that mob", ugh, i chose a name for a reason! >_< ), but that can be feasible with people who think calling themselves something like "wârríòrlól" was a good idea when starting their character :P

r for ready
    plz for please

Just type the damn thing out, how lazy can you be.

lag ! !!!!!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    calling my druid - dudi, driodi, drudi, dedi, dumdi, didi, drudu

10+ Year Old Account
    ToC ...brings back bad memories...

on a more serious note, imba, i refuse to group up with people who use the word

Deleted
    People calling Conquest Points CP when it have another meaning on the interwebs >.>