Page 52 of 53 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    "bio", if ur gonna take a shit at least say so, your mom isn't going to check your chatlog for any naughty words.

You know what I hate?

Seeing My Little Pony avatars and signature banners.

Quote Originally Posted by Kikiyodragon View Post
    "Huntard", anything referring to the Balance spec without calling it Balance (i.e. "moonkin", "laser turkey", etc.), "belf", "nelf", and "bio". "GS" when it existed, but now it's gone.
    Boomkin is the appropriate name for the spec. NO ONE calls it balance spec. just like how no one calls it "world of warcraft", its either WoW or Warcraft. same with Moonkin/Boomkin. ive never even seen it called laser turkey, but i did have a character named Crit Chicken once before (when you actually had to get crits to set off your abilities)
    Originally Posted by Zarhym
    It does no one any good to make GhostCrawler the scapegoat for all design decisions you disapprove of. Not how reality works.
    https://twitter.com/CM_Zarhym/status/275712376840531968

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    You know what I hate?

Haha yeah I hear ya. It was (and still may be) a big thing on Call of Duty too. A lot of people had that my little pony looking banner.
    -Andre

"If something is worth doing, do it right."

[Currently in Cuba til March 2012. Once I get out of here I will be returning to WoW!]

Deleted
    Hardcast.

It just reminds me of Cowadoody kids using the term 'Hardscoping' which is USING A SNIPER RIFLE THE WAY IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE USED!

I'm tired of people being illiterates in general.

Learn to write properly, use capital letters where they belong and use just a decent amount of punctuation. Please !

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    You know what I hate?

Yeah, that sure has a lot to do with the topic of this thread. Take your pointless hate elsewhere before I charge up my friendship beam.
    "The truth, my goal."

Quote Originally Posted by seeings View Post
    Also for those people thinking that vanilla is wrong for classic WoW, then look at ice cream. Vanilla is the original flavor. Strawberry, raspberry, chocolate, etc. are not
    But really Classic should really be used instead.
    Vanilla is not the original flavour, but what the hey http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ice_cream

Why are people so annoyed by "bio"? Basically, they are saying they need to go afk and you have an indication that it will likely be about a minute. And no, it's not for something trivial that can wait.

I mean, what would be more annoying: "BRB bio" or "BRB going to check the mailbox because I am soooo impatient for my Amazon.com order to arrive that I am going to make the rest of you wait."

For me it's TV for Templar's Verdict. Just irritates the hell outta me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ptwonline View Post
    Why are people so annoyed by "bio"? Basically, they are saying they need to go afk and you have an indication that it will likely be about a minute. And no, it's not for something trivial that can wait.

I mean, what would be more annoying: "BRB bio" or "BRB going to check the mailbox because I am soooo impatient for my Amazon.com order to arrive that I am going to make the rest of you wait."
    When I played FFXI everyone would say 'WC' for Water Closet. Good times with the Japanese! Haha
    -Andre

"If something is worth doing, do it right."

[Currently in Cuba til March 2012. Once I get out of here I will be returning to WoW!]

10+ Year Old Account
    "Troll" ... I hate it, it's stupid terminology, define a "troll".. You can't, anything you come up with is BS (other than the actual meaning) 'cause it's not real..
    <~$~("The truth, is limitless in its range. If you drop a 'T' and look at it in reverse, it could hurt.")~$~> L.F.

<~$~("The most hopelessly stupid man is he who is not aware he is wise.")~$~> I.A.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Violent View Post
    "Troll" ... I hate it, it's stupid terminology, define a "troll".. You can't, anything you come up with is BS (other than the actual meaning) 'cause it's not real..
    Are you asking for what "to troll" came from? A troll is someone who's doing something to upset people and get attention. A "real" troll (norse mythology) is a creature who is doing wicked and evil things just for the lulz. Also, the verb troll comes from a fishing technique where you slowly drag a lure from a moving boat. Sometimes, I love wikipedia.

If this wasn't what you were talking about, sorry for wasting a minute or two of your life.
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

Quote Originally Posted by Merciless View Post
    Lol you guys are funny who get all bothered by 'Vanilla'.

Anything that is plain whether it be a Car without the 'bells and whistles' or an original game before expansions etc; is referred to as Vanilla.

It's a term used in marketing and all over. Not just for WoW.

And...it's just the one 'flavor'...no chocolate etc; Just plain 'ol Vanilla.
    Yea, I explained this a few pages back. The expression is ancient old, at least dating back to the 18th century. Vanilla ice cream was referred to as 'plain ice cream' and was later adopted by many others across different industries as a reference to something default or unmodified, or in WoW's case, out of the box or the first version. This isn't something that the WoW community picked up as a new term; far from it.

Now, if The Burning Crusade was later referred to as 'chocolate', Wrath of the Lich King nicknamed 'strawberry', and Cataclysm is 'Baked Alaska', then we'd surely be up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.
    Last edited by Prue; 2011-08-17 at 09:19 AM.

Noob being used to describe the undergeared or inexperienced, then that is what I would describe as newb as in newbie.
    Noob is someone who should know better but instead is stupid.

Casual as a term to describe anyone who is not a hardcore raider.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Noob being used to describe the undergeared or inexperienced, then that is what I would describe as newb as in newbie.
    Noob is someone who should know better but instead is stupid.

Casual as a term to describe anyone who is not a hardcore raider.
    I thought Newbie/Newb/Noob was the same thing o.O Someone's inexperienced and new, so you call them newbie, then that goes on for a while until it becomes newb, then noob. Reasonable, no?

Personally, I don't hate any WoW terminology and I use pretty much all of the ones listed here, but not all the time. What bothers me is when two things have the same abbreviation, both Tol Barad and Thunder Bluff would known as TB. Neither is wrong, but it's freaking confusing.
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

"Get Pooped On!" When I am doing 3's doing rmp we just wreck some teams and if you wreck someone irl someway I say that :P

People who say "Tol Barid" instead of "Tol Bar-ahd"
    People who say "Barahdin Hold" as opposed to "Baradin Hold"

It's like their ability to get the pronunciation correct falters at the slightest change. Don't really hate this though, just find it rather amusing. What I did hate though was the official pronunciation of "Hyjal" being "Hy-jal" instead of "Hy-yal" (with a soft J), the latter just always sounded better in my mind.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't stand those who say "Outlands"... it's "Outland"!