Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vox View Post
    Funny, my hawk only gives me 826AP, or something like that. Hotfix not live yet?
    It "should" be live. At least according to all the blue posts.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    It's live I've been testing for a couple of hours. BM and MM seem high while surv seems, well... behind as usual. Surv has improved but nowhere near the other two. Was expected I guess.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vox View Post
    Funny, my hawk only gives me 826AP, or something like that. Hotfix not live yet?
    Just because it SAYS 826 on the tooltip, doesn't mean that's all it gives. Look at the buff itself on your buff bar, or look at your AP with and without Hawk. It says 826 on the tooltip, but it says 2600 on the buff itself (Assuming you have 3/3 OWN, which I believe you do as I THINK mine was showing 826 and I have OWN [I also am BM and have 25% AP, but that isn't reflected the buff itself since it's calculated after all modifiers and OWN is shown on the buff as it directly affects Hawk itself]).
    I'll not spend my days glancing over my shoulder for assassins. Let them look back for me. --Elbryan, the Nightbird.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Thundercougr/

Tooltips aren't modified by hotfixes, I believe -- as that's client-side. It'll need a patch.

Deleted
    Tooltips require actual patchs to be updated. As others said, check your AP in yoru character pane before and after applying Hawk. I just tried to log on to the servers on the off chance they were up (EU here, they should still be fown for 4 and a half hours yet). Fortunately my server was up and the hotfix was indeed active. I was in bm spec and my ap went from around 8.2k unb > over 11k with Hawk.

Ah yes, had to turn it off and back on to see this change.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilyana View Post
    It's live I've been testing for a couple of hours. BM and MM seem high while surv seems, well... behind as usual. Surv has improved but nowhere near the other two. Was expected I guess.
    Stop posting idiotic information. "Nowhere near the other two" is utterly false. Post raid results, go do BH, report back. Don't go shoot 0 armor mobs with a gray bow and say SV is way behind.

Since MM remained the same dps for the most part, the other 2 specs received a buff. A nice one at that.

I dunno if its just me not knowing how to play BM, but MM still is greater for me even with movement factored in.

Edit: Difference by 1k
    Last edited by Vox; 2011-02-23 at 05:52 AM.

sure MM is still top DPS, but BM is after then SV.

i'm liking the extra damage as BM, can't wait to see it full raid buffed

Quote Originally Posted by Rukah View Post
    I am prolly wrong in the eyes of theorycrafters, but running a simple spec comparison on FD today, using basically BiS Raid gear from NORMAL mode content, this is what I got:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

^^ Basically shows BM to be the better performing spec. Also, certain well known hunters have recently respecc'ed to a DPS BM spec /tinfoil hat.

*Note that the above information may not be 100% accurate.
    I'm trying to understand how did you get these numbers, but I'm not really being able to. I can see that is has no reforges, metagem and bad gemming, but still, it's pretty strange. Did you actually touch the rotation? Default MM rotation has Arcane Shot.

I ran FD with my hunter and got these numbers:
    Code:
    25473.08 	BM 	N/A 	
    25022.10 	SV 	-450.98 	
    28262.74 	MM 	+3240.64
    So, at least on ilvl 358ish MM is still a clear winner on Female Dwarf.

Stats:
    Code:
    Agility:	  	4391
    Stamina:  		5116
    Attack Power:  		190
    Hit Rating:  		961
    Crit Rating:  		1837
    Haste Rating: 	 	1154
    Mastery Rating: 	1040
    Avg Item Level: 	358.2

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Argg0 View Post
    I'm trying to understand how did you get these numbers, but I'm not really being able to. I can see that is has no reforges, metagem and bad gemming, but still, it's pretty strange. Did you actually touch the rotation? Default MM rotation has Arcane Shot.
    Lunch break at work. Wasn't 100% accurate on reforges etc, just wanted a basic set of gear to test viability of each spec on paper. The above numbers didn't take into consideration rotations or anything like that.

No need to apologise, it's Blizzard's fault for not being clear about it.

Also, I take it you got my PM? Hehe

LOL No biggie Rewn..

I knew it would probably be the lesser of the two (2000 flat) but the way they worded it was stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukah View Post
    I am prolly wrong in the eyes of theorycrafters, but running a simple spec comparison on FD today, using basically BiS Raid gear from NORMAL mode content, this is what I got:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

^^ Basically shows BM to be the better performing spec. Also, certain well known hunters have recently respecc'ed to a DPS BM spec /tinfoil hat.

*Note that the above information may not be 100% accurate.
    Change your meta dude your numbers will be way off expected without the 54agi crit meta.

Lightning. It flashes bright, then... fades away. It can't protect. It only destroys

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyira View Post
    Change your meta dude your numbers will be way off expected without the 54agi crit meta.
    fast calc during lunch break

but ty for pointing that out ^,^

15+ Year Old Account
    Aspect of the Hawk is granting 2000 attack power and an additional 200 attack power for each point in One with Nature.

0/3 OwN: 2000
    1/3 OwN: 2200
    2/3 OwN: 2400
    3/3 OwN: 2600

Just wanted to post this for clarification since some people seemed to have questions.

Just a reminder to those comparing specs. During your tests, you must gear appropriately for each spec!

I cannot stress this enough. BM, for example, does not benefit from every point of haste. It uses haste in bursts, and only at points in which you can get off an extra Cobra Shot into your 6 second rotation. You can be 1 haste rating short of getting your first extra CoS per rotation and all of your haste will be useless!.

Gotta reforge, and possibly even regear if you're gonna make statements. And don't quote stateofdps.com. It's worthless for things like this.

---------- Post added 2011-02-23 at 03:08 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Argg0 View Post

I ran FD with my hunter and got these numbers:
    Code:
    25473.08 	BM 	N/A 	
    25022.10 	SV 	-450.98 	
    28262.74 	MM 	+3240.64
    So, at least on ilvl 358ish MM is still a clear winner on Female Dwarf.

Stats:
    Code:
    Agility:	  	4391
    Stamina:  		5116
    Attack Power:  		190
    Hit Rating:  		961
    Crit Rating:  		1837
    Haste Rating: 	 	1154
    Mastery Rating: 	1040
    Avg Item Level: 	358.2
    This is a good example of a bad example. For BM, all of that haste is wasted. You want crit for focus regen and ability procs, and mastery for pet damage.
    Last edited by commanderbeatdown; 2011-02-23 at 03:08 PM.
    If you love someone, you will focus your life on their happiness.

15+ Year Old Account
    Not to gloat...but I was correct in this change ;D

Told you (maybe not you specifically, but wrote in another thread) that people take each word to seriously. I read the "additional" as an extra word and not "old+new" when they said it was 2000 additional attack power at 85. Don't take a word out of iit's context and read the whole sentence next time before making an opinion is my tip about future changes. Since the wording of the sentence was almost identical to the wording of the actual Aspect of the Hawk which made me believe they are only changing the old value into the new one and not adding them together.

To OP: everyone makes mistakes

Quote Originally Posted by buttspawn View Post
    If he knows so much, he should have acted like it. I don't care if you're one of his fanboys or if he's on of the most overhyped WoW "celebrities" since Athene. He's simply a player of this game and a poster on these forums like me and you, so I was spreading information to assist with his statement.
    Except athene is a made up fictional character and a joke for lols and 'kripp' is not.

After all these years guess people still have no sense of humor and fail to realize athene is a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by commanderbeatdown View Post
    I cannot stress this enough. BM, for example, does not benefit from every point of haste. It uses haste in bursts, and only at points in which you can get off an extra Cobra Shot into your 6 second rotation. You can be 1 haste rating short of getting your first extra CoS per rotation and all of your haste will be useless!
    I would be greatly interested in the break points at which, or the increments of haste, you fully benefit from haste, e.g. you can fit an additional CS into BM rotation.

I reckon standard rotation for BM would be: kill command > arcane shot > cobra > cobra

What amount of haste, and at what delay/ping, will support above rotation without wasting haste? Is it also taking into consideration quick shots or not?