Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

PTR Warrior changes

About time they gave Arms Last Stand, and a party wide one too so we bring something to the table. And the Csmash nerf is definitely a good thing reducing insane burst while increasing consistent damage for all other attacks. And the 1s GCD reduction on Hamstring is GODSEND. And lastly, if I'm interpreting this correctly, Charge will have a 12s cooldown? Inc Mage QQ. The charge change is just too damn good to make it live.

Now if only they could fix Leap.

It's nice to see that there will be an actual reason to bring warriors to a raid.

Charge will have an 11s CD with Glyph of Rapid Charging, and hopefully revering the changes to the stun will put it off of diminishing returns again.

Quote Originally Posted by Spondoo View Post
    About time they gave Arms Last Stand, and a party wide one too so we bring something to the table. And the Csmash nerf is definitely a good thing reducing insane burst while increasing consistent damage for all other attacks. And the 1s GCD reduction on Hamstring is GODSEND. And lastly, if I'm interpreting this correctly, Charge will have a 12s cooldown? Inc Mage QQ. The charge change is just too damn good to make it live.

Now if only they could fix Leap.
    But they're also removing the extra stun time on charge and I believe it will still DR itself. This Rallying Cry thing is pretty awesome. Raid-wide Last Stand is certainly an incentive to bring an Arms warrior for PVE(I'm assuming it's talented. There's almost no way they'd let Prot warriors have that AND Last Stand. I certainly wouldn't complain though ). I agree that the CS nerf was necessary to move forward with making the class work overall.
    Last edited by blackangel209; 2011-02-24 at 09:19 AM.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Meh.. the only thing I can say about the datamined info so far is..... HAPPYHAPPYHAPPYHAPPYHAPPY

Quote Originally Posted by blackangel209 View Post
    But they're also removing the extra stun time on charge and I believe it will still DR itself. This Rallying Cry thing is pretty awesome. Raid-wide Last Stand is certainly an incentive to bring an Arms warrior for PVE. I agree that the CS nerf was necessary.
    CS nerf while buffing MS damage by 25%, Overpower damage by 20%, and Slam damage by 20% only makes our burst from those abilities bigger. Rend and Deep Wounds ignore overpower. The only thing the CS nerf does is lower our autoattack damage.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Will Fury have Rallying Cry aswell? Will it be a talent in arms tree or what? *shrug*

These buffs also makes me wonder if arms will pass fury in pve damage, which wouldn't suprise me, however; This is not the final notes and a lot can still change ^^

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    It lowers our 'burst' too. If you see it like the damage outside of CS is now closer to the damage inside CS. Granted we would still do rather sick damage inside CS, but now it won't be shit outside

Deleted
    There's nothing that says Rallying Cry is a talent, it's simply listed as an Arms ability. I will literally drool if I have access to this regardless of spec.

Having said that, with Prot having an actual Last Stand, I don't see them being able to use both.

Shame, I'd have liked Rallying Cry on my Fury spec.

Sadly the only thing fury pve gets is a tiny nerf via Colossus Smash. Love the arms changes but Blizzard needs to stop balancing pvp burst by nerfing fury pve. -saying only fury nerf because arms gets some other damage buffs.
    Last edited by Angy; 2011-02-24 at 09:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SirreASDF View Post
    It lowers our 'burst' too. If you see it like the damage outside of CS is now closer to the damage inside CS. Granted we would still do rather sick damage inside CS, but now it won't be shit outside
    With the downtime we have from slows and roots, I have at least 80% uptime on CS with Sudden Death and our burst inside CS *should* be higher than it currently is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Highly doubt Fury will get Rallying Cry. With their mastery and how it works for Enraged Regen, forget it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapscallion84 View Post
    There's nothing that says Rallying Cry is a talent, it's simply listed as an Arms ability. I will literally drool if I have access to this regardless of spec.
    It's currently a level 83 Arms ability - not sure if it is available to the other specs?
    In return, you lose some other ability, maybe?

Translate the Taiwanese blue post in Google Chrome: http://forum.wowtaiwan.com.tw/twow_f...2&GoPage=1&lis

You should read it there and probably translate it better than I.
    Last edited by Simca; 2011-02-24 at 09:36 AM.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

I would personally love for my Prot warrior to have a temporary 56%(if multiplicative, 50% otherwise) health increase and then pop ER, but...well, it's not likely.

I would personally love for my Prot warrior to have a temporary 56%(if multiplicative, 50% otherwise) health increase and then pop ER, but...well, it's not likely.
    Yeah, I don't think this is happening. It's probably an arms passive only.

It's currently a level 83 Arms ability - should be available to all specs.

In return, you lose some other ability?
    They might be removing Inner Rage which is probably the most underwhelming warrior talent ever since they removed Mocking Blow.

Edit: the Korean web page seem to suggest exactly that: Rallying Cry replacing Inner Rage as the lvl 83 trainable (ie available to all) talent. How are they going to balance that with Last Stand has yet to be seen. Both talents might share the same cd.
    Last edited by Glencar; 2011-02-24 at 09:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Glencar View Post
    They might be removing Inner Rage which is probably the most underwhelming warrior talent ever since they removed Mocking Blow.
    Hey, Mocking Blow was awesome to stance dance to Battle Stance for when your 16% miss Taunt and your Challenging Shout both missed at 8% melee hit cap, which was a .64% chance, but still happened. It was at one point our only taunt that was based on melee hit cap.

Quote Originally Posted by Glencar View Post
    I think every warrior ever would be all too happy if this were the case. I tingle at the mere idea of it.

Deleted
    Why not? Paladins have Lay on Hands.

Rallying Cry made my morning tbh, it may end up really good.

Quote Originally Posted by Iyona View Post
    Why not? Paladins have Lay on Hands.

Rallying Cry made my morning tbh, it may end up really good.
    You bring up a valid point. Though I despise Prot Paladins and Blood DKs so anything to help make them pay seems like a valid point to me.