Thread: Roguetank FTW!

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account

Roguetank FTW!

Did 82-84 VP today with a LFD pug. Everyone was CC'ing, silencing, etc and the dungeon was going fairly fast and smooth. The tank was newer and had died on one random pull about halfway through but was doing good overall.

We get to the final boss, Asaad, and for whatever reason the tank doesn't move when the triangle is cast and goes down. I get agro and get taken down to 50% health within a second or two so I vanish. Agro then goes to the hunter who dies (sorry, survival of the fittest). Boss then turns to the mage but I had the healer casting on me so I popped back out with Garrotte and went through a normal rotation and mechanics of the fight but kept Imp Recup up for the damage reduction and the slight HoT to help the healer.

It took a long time to get him down but we did it. A shammy healer, a Mut Rogue, and a (forgot talents) Mage. Credit really goes to the healer but it was pretty awesome to tank down a Cata boss as a rogue. My dps wasn't great (will post some screenshots when I get home) but the fight took quite a while and for some reason my dps started to taper down after a while.

Deleted
    well, since you were the target you had to attack his goodie side (aka front) so of course your dps went down.

yeah, roguetanking can be pretty awesome, especially in a raid environment, tanks gets killed and you, the squishiest guy around keep on coming with luck and evasion for those few extra seconds your dps needs to down that thing

of course, if only one hit from say chimaeron lands, youre toast, but hey, being a sneaky, stabby thief, having luck (or not) is part of the trade, isn´t it?

Damn it i got all excited

Quote Originally Posted by roguetank View Post

LOOOOOOOL. Pure win
    Quote Originally Posted by HoX
    trust me druin=PWN is ptw durid not durin but np its no sorry 8) .but is good ask if you can no know so yeah good to you but ask if you no know 8) but trust me i have playin long so DRUID IS BEST=3 form beat all i mean explmame=stealh cat like rogue(pwn9 8) then BOOM big bear big heelth so its moar armor than cat and then just tree?=no tree god like cenarius but give you more heelth=pwn then you go owl and stars do magic to you 8)

This would have been more post-worthy if it was a raid encounter.

Its a fact that in blizz's subconsious, combat rogues were meant to be tanking, thats why we earlier had extra avoidance talents and armor talents and blade flurry is clearly intended as a multi-target tanking spell! Why else does it pull aggro off random stuff all the time! We are just missing the ability to use shields, and some tauntish spell

Deleted
    Grats, you tanked a boss. As a DK tank I can survive on any heroic-mode boss alone for about 2 minutes. With use of cd's and self-heals, it takes me a really long time to die on those bosses even if the rest of the group is dead.
    Imo If your tank wasn't crappy in the first place you wouldn't have to do that.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry this wasn't post worthy enough for some of you...wasn't what i intended.

Quote Originally Posted by Skals View Post
    Grats, you tanked a boss. As a DK tank I can survive on any heroic-mode boss alone for about 2 minutes. With use of cd's and self-heals, it takes me a really long time to die on those bosses even if the rest of the group is dead.
    Grats you're a tank....

Lol reminds me of uld when 3 of our first kills somehow ended with the same rogue tanking and then ironically being tanked on our first yogg1 kill.

rogues are 1 of the best back up tanks, some healers forget about it tho and run as soon as the tank dies

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bigfootbigd View Post
    This would have been more post-worthy if it was a raid encounter.
    Post worthy? Get over yourself will you.

Well i've tanked Reaper5000 from 70ish% to dead. With my sham. Though i really think that the true star in that fight was our healer who kept me up. The problem with rogues tanking would have to be threat, as rogues just don't do enough TPS to keep the boss attacking him instead of other more hard hitting classes. Might be wrong though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by roguetank View Post
    Rofl, Nice one

The best "backup tank" is the warlock who was topping dps and is now high tailing it in the opposite direction and timing his teleport juuuust right

This is Rogue tanking:

Back in the days where tanking as Rogue was actually vaible.

Let's see you get [Full and Sound of Fury] on your first Chimaeron kill :P

Evasion tank ftw.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've tanked Halfus from start to end during the drake killing phase.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Babaganouch View Post
    I've tanked Halfus from start to end during the drake killing phase.

Incoming: Golden Rule of teh Interwebz.

Screenie or it didn't happen.

Also gz to OP, I remember my first time rogue tanking. And now with Recuperate it actually got easier to do as you can relieve some stress off the healers for when you do actually get hit.

Thats your job... not OP's job
    Night Elf till I die
    Everything else is second best