Poll: Most stress To play

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Healing is the most stressful imo. At higher end fights some of the damage being taken and the amount of healing needing to be pumped out at the right time to the right people can be insane. Tanking really isn't that bad, though it is harder than DPS. Once you get your initial aggro as a tank something needs to go pretty damn bad to lose it. I was a MT during SSC and MH both for short times and it really wasn't as bad as a thought it was going to be. The worst part was having to keep the raid moving and adjusting. DPS is obviously the least stressful,but I would mostly attribute that to the amazing amount of leaniency that they have on fights.
    "The best way to predict the future is to invent it." - Alan Kay
    "..We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity.." - H.P. Lovecraft.
    Awesome Rave Blog ------> http://www.fuckyeahhumans.blogspot.com/ <------ Awesome Rave Blog
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...leigh/advanced

10+ Year Old Account
    healing probably the most, but it can be the most cathartic too since you have so much control over whether the stupid person lives or dies
    tank is the least stressful for me, but I haven't tanked so much lately and haven't tanked in a raid since kalecgos

dps can be stressful when you're in a long queue and then get stuck with idiots, and you have the least control, you can't fix screw ups like you can as a healer or tank(ability to "fix" varies by class), and if your tank is incompetent its harder to overcome, so I stress more as a feeling of helplessness at the mercy of people who are completely clueless

Quote Originally Posted by Weerra View Post
    Soo, if Healers are more stresfull than Tanks, why are there more of them?
    Well when speaking on raiding you usually need more healers than tanks. Also it is nice to have more healers than you need as you can allow someone to go offspec and give them a breather/break i.e. tank or dps to prevent burnout.

Only people who vote for Dps would have to be people that have never played a tank or healer before.

Heals are sooo much more stressful then tanking and dpsing combined...

The stress of WoW doesn't come from the difficulty of a certain class. I've raided on all 3 in this expansion, and they all are very easy to pick up if your frontal lobe is still intact.

The most stress I felt was on my tank. Simply because I was completely at the mercy of the 9 other players. Bad healers? WIPE. Bad DPS? WIPE. Nothing's more frustrating than doing your job to perfection, and watching everyone else screw it up for you. One good DPS/Healer can make life a lot easier for everyone.

I'd say that for actual play, it's the healer. The healer has to watch every person's health, and there is rarely a way someone else can help out (healthstones, self-healing).

Thanks have to mostly survive and let the healer do most of the work by keeping him up. While holding threat is an important task, it's not incredibly difficult, and things like Misdirect can help out.

DPS just have to not be stupid on most encounters. You watch yourself, no one else, and don't do things like standing in fire or missing interrupts. But, for the most part, anything you have to deal with, the tanks and healers have to deal with ON TOP OF their healing/threat roles.

All of that said, in terms of overall stress, I think that DPS have it worst. If a tank screws up, he can just blame a DPS for pulling. If a DPS dies, it's his fault for taking damage. If the kill doesn't happen, the DPS is at fault for not doing enough damage. Anything that goes wrong can be blamed on the DPS in some way. Most of that blame is justified, but the stress of knowing that if ANYTHING goes wrong, you're likely to be blamed makes being a DPS a pain in the ass at times.

15+ Year Old Account
    Id say depends on the fight. A lot of the time healer is probably the worst, but on fights that require tank skill, that can get really stressful.

Not just saying this cuz I'm a healer, but I think it's Healer>Tank>DPS. When on a boss in a raid, it just seems so simple to be a tank. "oh people can pull off u!" Just hit taunt and smash ur buttons. I realize nothing is that simple, but for a tank..it really kind of is that simple. I have played a tank before too, just not my main.

I really think they're all about equal, but healing > DPS > tanking if we're being specific.
    Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity

I play all 3. I personally think it goes Tank > DPS > Healer. Don't get me wrong there are times healing is stressful but most of the time it's whack a mole with green bars. In cata it definitely got more stressful, but overall since the game came out, healing has been boring as shit.

Healer >>>>>>>>>>>>> Melee DPS >>>>Tank >>>>>Ranged DPS

Its tough for non healers to appreciate the need to stare at green bars, keep them green, while still being concious of other mechanics. The ability to split your focus and do both tasks well is key for a healer.

Melee DPS was alot harder last tier than this tier, I'll give that, but even in Firelands, seems that in general melee still get screwed a bit and have to worry about more than your average ranged.

Tank is something I do maybe 3-4 FL fights a week, but in general, as its already been said, once you know the fights, its just maintaining your threat rotation and using cooldowns intelligently to help your healers out.

Ranged DPS just seems overall amazingly easy. On every ranged dps ive played this expansion, its pretty much just sit back and pew pew. You aren't asked to interrupt, or even in most cases to do anything other than stand and deliver. There are some fights you can argue they have a job to do, but in general those instances are VERY few.

Healer>Tank>DPS...

Which is strange because most friends that have 0 MMO experience seem to always pick healing priests

Well; tanking definitely used to be the most stressful, but with vengeance turning threatgain into a facerolling rotation I would say either healing or dpsing; depending on the class. Priest healing is quite stressful, whereas druid for instance is not.

Definitly healer, the tank just sits there and waits for heal, same for dps

Healer MS from Kara - t7, DPS from Ulduar - t11, Tank from late t11 - now. Still frequently heal and dps as OS, tanking's been the most stressful for me, by a mile.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tanking, for sure.

Don't get me wrong, the mechanics are fine. But people expect tanks to lead the group, and I have a horrible sense of direction.
    "Oh yay! Happy little deer!
    Now they can grow up and have ADVENTURES.
    You're swell. "

- Mylune
    (aww... she said I'm swell <3 )