Bring the professions, then the player, then the class?

Yeah I know this is way better on the actual WoW forums, and I also made the post there.. Just thought I'd throw it out here as well, in possible hope of having more ppl look at it...

At last BlizzCon Blizzard was proudly saying that they were going with the idea that they were going to change the way people and guild were looking at who to take with them for instanes, raids and so forth.
    And in some way, they have succeeded yes. They're now in the part where classes somewhat overlap, and more than one class has a Heroism/Bloodthirst ability.

"Bring the player, not the class".

And it's a nice idea really, as this gives the people that like playing together a better chance at this, and also gives the smaller guilds, with less class diversity maybe a chance to actually do what they want to.

HOWEVER!!!

As a guild leader, of a kinda small, but what I would concider a semi-good raiding guild. I was kinda disappointed today. The guild finished the "That's alot of bait".
    10 000 fish, to get the Seafood Magnifique Feast. We saved up all the fish we needed in the gbank, and awaited the final fish count of 10 000.
    We planned on having a HELL of alot of feasts sitting in the gbank.
    Voila, we get it, and BAM, the feasts are SOULBOUND??? WTF???

Now, this is for cooking, so no real problem there... There's no problem to have more than one person, or more than one officer in the guild with cooking so that we bring the feasts to the raids and such, no prob.

BUT! The cauldrons that we are now working for however, require that you are at a level of 525 in alchemy, in order to learn the recipee, and guess what...
    Yes, the cauldrons are also BOP!

So, now that you're finally able to possibly bring flasks for everyone in the raid (provided you're guild level 20 at least), but you HAVE to bring that person who actually has the time to make the cauldrons beforehand.
    So yes, that poor person who is an alchemist, now have to come to every single f'ing raid to make sure we get the cauldrons.

Seriously Blizz, why the hell make the cauldrons then if only people with specific PRIMARY PROFESSIONS can use them?!?!?

I suggest make the cauldrons BIND TO GUILD or something of the similar! That or have it REQUIRE that the person using them are in a guild with the achievement "Mix Master" or similar for the Big Cauldron of Battle.

What's your thoughts on this?

I do see what you are talking about, the one person who is capable of crafting cauldrons might not be a raider, which is a problem. I do agree that the items should be a bind to guild or something like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Ford
    Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably why few engage in it.
    This explains a lot.

i agree it should be bind on guild. the thing is they should make it so that you have to have a certain rep with the guild to place it so theres a trade off or something. i myself am the cauldron maker for the guild and i have to come to every raid to i feel your pain. not that i dont enjoy it but i feel more obligated than before.

So in other words, I'm not the only one with this concern...

Seriously Blizz, take a look at it!!!

15+ Year Old Account
    Now that you mention it, its kinda true. I mean, a Alchemist is more likely to be invited to a raid than a tailor just because they can offer some extreme benefit to the eniter raid. In a perfect world, you would invite someone to raid because they are a good player, or do their job well, not because they offer a buff of some sort. Hence the reason for the class homogenization; maybe we need professions homogenization too :-\

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Side View Post
    Now that you mention it, its kinda true. I mean, a Alchemist is more likely to be invited to a raid than a tailor just because they can offer some extreme benefit to the eniter raid. In a perfect world, you would invite someone to raid because they are a good player, or do their job well, not because they offer a buff of some sort. Hence the reason for the class homogenization; maybe we need professions homogenization too :-\
    Nooooo, far from it.. The game has been homogenizationated (hell is that a word???) more than enough, so don't worry about that...
    But items like that, that are generated by the effort of a guild. Should be available to a guild, should it not?

This here forces me as a raid leader to pick the alchemist over a say leatherworker any f'ing day for a raid!

could you provide a link to your official forum post cuz i feel like its going to be succesful and i would like to post something there... but im too lazy to look for it

Edit: Apperenatly not allowed to post link just yet....

Fairly new on these forums..

If you start browsing the EU forums.. It's this topic #..

.../topic/1776390881

Would be nice with some support..
    And if you're on the US realms yourself, feel free to quote my entire post and suggest it there as well..

---------- Post added 2011-02-28 at 05:14 AM ----------

Anyone that could BUMP this thread up, or move it to the US forums as well..

I would be very appreciative.

That is, if you agree of course. And at the same time, if you could also post a link to the US post if anyone makes any?