Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

To all you herbers out there, please...

Please take your herbing a bit more seriously. People can be jerks, we all realize this. But let's face it it's dog eat dog for gathering professions. I've had people drag mobs to me, hover until I go in for the herb near a mob and steal it, etc. Such is life in WoW where people can hind behind monitors. But please, I beg you, to all who don't already, take your herbing a bit more seriously. If you have a stun, use it, a fear, roots, cyclone, repentance, whatever you have. Please, if you think you deserve not to be ninja'd, well wouldn't that be nice, but that fact is the only way you can prevent it is by using what you have to do so. I have been farming a lot of herbs lately, and the amount of druids alone that fight mobs, and THEN herb astounds me. I ran into a Warlock the other night who fought every mob till it was dead, stood around, then buffed himself, and THEN herbed. You are asking to be ninja'd, and it will happen. TBH if herbs are more important to someone else why shouldn't they just take it anyway, if you're not even trying. It is the equivalent of missing a roll on loot after the rolls are called. If you want loot, pay attention and roll when it is called for. Put the nachos down until your piece is rolled for. Just my 2 cents.

TL;DR: If you want an herb, try harder, or expect to get ninja'd. While I normally will not ninja an herb unless I have a vendetta against the other herber for some reason, other people will not grant you this grace.

Thoughts?

inb4: you ninja ass!
    Last edited by Ohplotsa; 2011-02-27 at 04:15 AM.

Our society is so great, "expect to be stolen from". No wonder the economy is in shambles.

Im a tauren druid.. I dont have to worry about ninjas.

or fighting mobs.

or getting ganked.

or losing the herb to an actual ninja.

or... I can keep going if you'd like.

Herbs aren't serious, sorry, but I do enjoy the atmosphere of rageaholics. I've gotten quite a lot of suspensions handed out this expansion.

You can't PVP with those of the same faction.

Quote Originally Posted by iceberg265 View Post
    Our society is so great, "expect to be stolen from". No wonder the economy is in shambles.
    You can hand out dandelions to every herber that ninjas you, but do you really think this will change the fact that this is the way things are?

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Both of my gatherers are pet classes so I generally don't have ninja problems.
    I am a filthy casual!

Quote Originally Posted by iceberg265 View Post
    I haven't the words for how awesome you are for saying this.

The guy you describe is actually a bot.
    These bots come more and more often! it is a curse
    Originally Posted by spicie View Post
    Real Life is just an illusion caused by lack of WoW

Deleted
    I'm all for camaraderie and chivalric behaviour, but the original poster has a point. There's no "Law of Herbs" saying you own herbs by proximity, and what I think the point of this thread was, stop playing your classes stupidly, so you can reap a harvest (literally, herb-wise) from your "leet skillz". Cycloning mobs near herbs seemed to be a bit of a mystery for a lot of Druids (likewise stunning, snaring, rooting, whatever for any class with such) already back in Wrath.

Of course, my problems are nowadays nonexistent due to 0.5 sec picking-speed and no need to remount, but the point persists: not as much "lolololol u deserve 2 get ninjad if u dont roflpwn haxor soxorz", but rather "Hey, there are actual jerks (and bots) out there. If you arrived at a herb patch first, but tussled with a mob and subsequently lost your handful of weeds to said jerk, you could have avoided this loss by just using more of those shiny buttons you have." Especially a Frost Lotus (before the droprate buff) in Wintergrasp made me snap to attention and make bloody sure no Elementals or Alliance dogs were about, and if they were, I whip my Cyclone back and forth, WHAM-BAM-thank-you-ma'm.

Depends where i am, if its in vashj'ir i have a specific route i take, and i just gank the alliance that i see herbing, its a pvp server, so why not? means less competition for a while because they will be very cautious or leave.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ShitShyShoes View Post
    You can't PVP with those of the same faction.
    That's not the point. The point is you can CC the mob standing in way for the node, proceed to collect the node and then kill the mob.

blizz caused some of the probs by allowing druid taurens to have a 0.5 cast time and not have to shapeshift out of flight form. they need to do away with this OR make it unavailable once the herbing process started. i've encountered many tauren druids who just swoop down at the last second despite me starting the process. and if they really wanted to be a douche, they simply follow you around instead of hitting up other areas of the map. and there is simply nothing we can do about it. really frustrating and really adds no value to the game IMHO. it probably made more sense back in the day prior to flying being available throughout the world of warcarft.

i think the OP is basically saying, if you have someone hovering around waiting for you to engage in combat, so that they can swoop in, grab the herb, mount up and fly away again. instead of whining that they ninja'd your herb, use CC on the mob in question, grab the herb, then kill the mob and laugh at the guy watching you herb

or alternatively, roll a druid, even an alliance druid can get in, herb and fly off before being interrupted, if you are being interrupted, kite the offending mob about 20 yards away, then fly up and over it, grab the herb as the mob resets and then move on
    Last edited by smokii; 2011-02-28 at 03:09 PM. Reason: fail spelling

If you aren't Druid then you are wasting your time herbing.

Time is money

10+ Year Old Account
    strugling to see the point...

Deleted
    DK's don't have CC
    What's the point of this thread?

What people need to do is put more thought into the character they make.

When I made my Warrior I made him Tauren. For the health and cause I knew when I made him he would be an alchemist/herbalist.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gielnik View Post
    DK's don't have CC
    What's the point of this thread?
    They may not, but if you wanted to farm on it you can spec unholy to get a perma pet aswell as pick up the 20% mount speed increase for farming. Just set your pet on the mob, herb away then kill the mob. Easy.