Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just the other day on my Warrior it was down to me and this pally with all his cooldowns. I was low, had no cooldowns, and was expecting a loss when at the last second his HoJ got reflected by the meta gem and I was able to turn the tide and win.

Deleted
    Why don't you use the same Meta, then, you can death coil him, he reflects it back, you reflect it back, so on, and so forth.

Quote Originally Posted by It can be ANYTHING View Post
    Give me an example of another non class-specific item or ability that relies on RNG which can be used in arena?
    Skillherald?

While I understand your frustration, since I would probably be upset, as well, you have to look at this objectively.
    1. Nobody has ever said that you are not allowed to use the same meta gem. It might not be optimal for your class, but it's still usable.
    2. RNG is RNG. It happens.
    3. It's a 1% chance. Like a previous poster said, he had a 99% chance that the gem wouldn't proc. Seems fair to me.

Not trying to flame you, as I said, I would most likely be upset as well. But my question to you is: what was your partner(s) doing during this time? Were you the only one lining up a kill? This actually sounds more like a coordination problem rather than a meta gem problem. Even with a reflected death coil, your partner should have thrown something at him. Even if you're with a healer, they could have shot off some CC/DoTs/Penance/Smite/Holy Fire/Wrath/Cyclone/Moonfire/Lightning Bolt/Flame Shock/Hammer of Justice/Crusader Strike/You get the point.

P.S. Assuming the ret pally was 'that' low on health, that is.
    [06:15:34][2] [Evilrogue]: Guys dont be jelous becuase i have a life.....im really good looking and ur not, and i got a Gf
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe View Post
    Navigator: Captain, our scanners have picked up a QQ post.
    Captain: On screen!
    Crew: What do you make of it Captain?
    Captain: Clearly L2P issues. Carry on...

Deleted
    Damn I'd love to see a video of that! That's fucking epic dude

lol and you had too make a thread cuz you got pwnd gtfo

Give me an example of another non class-specific item or ability that relies on RNG which can be used in arena?
    Darkmoon Card: Twisting Nether

at least used to work back in TBC, think I had it procc twice in the same game, and even won us a game against someone I knew in 3v3, was loads of fun

Man if only that last spell had crit we would have won that match.............

10+ Year Old Account
    I was in arena a few days ago, and fighting against a DK.
    All was going well and we were about to get the kill when I was death gripped... it cost us the kill and eventually they won.
    It just seems pretty unfair that a class can determine which team wins an arena match.
    Do you see what I did there? A Death Knight feeling unfairly treated in arena, wow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiolith View Post
    Do you see what I did there? A Death Knight feeling unfairly treated in arena, wow.
    The funny thing is, OP isn't a DK. He's a Warlock.

Until the new metas became available I always used the spell reflect meta on both my spriest and warrior.. I must say, I've seen some hilarious things in my time, like reflecting a NS clone on a target we planned to kill in the next 10 seconds. It may not seem like a high chance, but when you count the number of spells which casters use each game, reflects happen a lot.

RNG reflects have resulted in some of my most enjoyable moments in arena, even when it happens to me I find it ridiculously hilarious. That said, I'm no gladiator, I play around 2.2k. In 2s you can really notice it when it reflects something, but in 3s everythin happens so much faster that it rarely makes a difference, and even when it does, it's about the same difference as whether you crit your target 3 times in a row or your healer had all his procs line up and you get topped up in a single global.

I don't think it's problematic.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasputine View Post
    Skillherald?
    Skillherald when it and Mace Stun didn't share DRs with anything? Good times.

This is like complaining that a warrior who gemmed for strength killed you because his attacks did more damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    If he used a gem that was useful 99% of the time, you might have lost faster in some other way.

Deleted
    Same happened to me when I tried to stun a rogue. We did win the match, but I was like "wtf how lucky is that?!" :P

Tho I wouldn't change it. The meta sux balls for every time it doesn't spell reflect, and most of times when it actually procs it procs on something worthless. It's a gamble with lady luck, and sometimes you are in favor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gormtex View Post
    Darkmoon Card: Twisting Nether

at least used to work back in TBC, think I had it procc twice in the same game, and even won us a game against someone I knew in 3v3, was loads of fun
    There was no word about the chance of that proc being nerfed for higher levels, although the switch items trick with that card + a Holy Priest's Spirit of Redemption doesn't work anymore. Probably safe to say that 85s can get the proc still.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

10+ Year Old Account
    We should just all PvP naked, that way we don't get any fancy procs that might "Change the tide of the game" and "Make it unfair" even if that proc is only 1%...and very RNG.

Quote Originally Posted by istheshiz View Post
    We should just all PvP naked, that way we don't get any fancy procs that might "Change the tide of the game" and "Make it unfair" even if that proc is only 1%...and very RNG.
    Even though you're being sarcastic, I think you're seriously underestimating the fun of naked 5s back in Wrath. Oh, the hilarity.
    [06:15:34][2] [Evilrogue]: Guys dont be jelous becuase i have a life.....im really good looking and ur not, and i got a Gf
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe View Post
    Navigator: Captain, our scanners have picked up a QQ post.
    Captain: On screen!
    Crew: What do you make of it Captain?
    Captain: Clearly L2P issues. Carry on...

I don't see the problem. If you somehow managed to play that exact same team for a hundred matches, you'd be hard pressed to see another loss due to that gem. Or even a significant impact.

Really he's gimping himself and his MMR just for some fun and a lucky strike once in his life.

It's just not fair I'm a frost Dk and I almost killed a guy in arena but Killing Machine didn't proc at the last second like I'd hoped it would.... It's just not fair Blizzard should give us all the exact same abilities get rid of RNG attacks and items because obviously it's just not fair and rework the whole arena system so all you get to do is stand in one spot and hit one button hoping that you spam it faster then the person your playing against.

There is a ton of RNG in arena including Meta gems, trinkets and class based abilities they can all be a game changer if and when they go off it's part of the game and your also not accounting for the fact that your death coil may not have hit at all or the pally maybe had a word of glory que'd up before your death coil. Your assuming that the 1 death coil was a game changer you'll never really know though.
    Last edited by nisk; 2011-03-03 at 03:56 AM.