Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    SHIT I missed out on lottery jackpot because of RNG.. why cant the government just give it to me..

Quote Originally Posted by Stevegasm View Post
    If he used a gem that was useful 99% of the time, you might have lost faster in some other way.
    This. If a single reflected death coil was the crux of the match, I can safely assume you would have lost regardless. I'll go all the way and just assume you're terrible all-around and are attributing your inevitable defeat to a single random event out of embarrassment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by It can be ANYTHING View Post
    I was in arena a few days ago, and fighting against a ret paladin.
    All was going well and we were about to get the kill when my death coil was reflected... it cost us the kill and eventually they won.
    It just seems pretty unfair that a passive gem can determine which team wins an arena match. Couldn't they possibly change this to only reflect damaging spells/non CCing spells?
    If not, how about just for arenas..
    There's no rule against luck in the game.

i've won a game when i was like in 1k resil and got taken from 100% to 30% while i was casting cyclone
    guess what?
    cyclone got reflected i immuned burst and won cya

1% of damaging spells reflected would still give them a better chance to win.
    Reflecting an 8 second fear/polymorph seems unfair given that they don't put any effort into reflecting it.
    How is rng not fair? Its freakin random. You give up a ton of dps for having this maybe win button.

10+ Year Old Account
    I tend to manage to catch myself in cyclones, especially when I anticipate a pressure incoming on my DK who's deepfrozen.
    RNG is a bitch and nothing you can do about it.

I've had my Cyclone reflected vsing a 2800 team which in that 6 seconds one of my partners died which made us lose... I stopped playing arena that season because of it...
    Last edited by Malfusion; 2011-03-03 at 04:12 AM. Reason: mis type

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I reflected a HoW, then a deep freeze, then a fear, then dark sim'd bubble on myself.
    What are the odds?

Quote Originally Posted by Malfusion View Post
    I've had my Cyclone reflected vsing a 2800 team which in that 6 seconds one of my partners died which made us lose... I stopped playing arena that season because of it...
    If I could "like" that post i would. I find it hilarious that someone who can play at 2800 will quit because of one game - did you seriously get to 2800 over your entire arena experience and never before had RNG give you a slap in the face?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrickstarr View Post
    I reflected a HoW, then a deep freeze, then a fear, then dark sim'd bubble on myself.
    What are the odds?
    I can shenanigans on the first part, as HoW is a "ranged" attack, and isn't a spell, which means that it can't be reflected.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Quote Originally Posted by domzai View Post
    If I could "like" that post i would. I find it hilarious that someone who can play at 2800 will quit because of one game - did you seriously get to 2800 over your entire arena experience and never before had RNG give you a slap in the face?
    I've had it reflected from other teams as well as other spells reflected but not in a moment which was that close to a win/lose.... I was only 2700 at the time and that team had crushed my team twice previously...
    The previous season a double healer warrior killed me in an intercept stun which made me rage quit then...
    RNG has always owned me but after that RNG I'd had enough... I came back in cata only to realise the game was just as stupid and probably am going to quit again...

edit: I was getting quite sick of where the game was and thought cata would have changed where it was... Which it did but turned out to be the same from a different direction...
    Last edited by Malfusion; 2011-03-03 at 05:39 AM.

Deleted
    reflected loads of things on ma priest

just live with it it adds some fun

---------- Post added 2011-03-03 at 08:11 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac View Post
    I can shenanigans on the first part, as HoW is a "ranged" attack, and isn't a spell, which means that it can't be reflected.
    think he means stun which is a spell

Quote Originally Posted by Migari View Post
    This reminds me of the time I reflected a Mage's Deep Freeze. Good times, good times.
    Happened to me also. Still not sure who of us was shocked more.

and what if you're 3% crit gem got you a crit and you won. OH NOES RNG!

some of you are complete idiots the way you cry about it. gaming shouldn't be taken that seriously its a huge joke with WoW and some people...

Just use a similar reflect meta if you believe its so gamebreaking OP...

1% of damaging spells reflected would still give them a better chance to win.
    Reflecting an 8 second fear/polymorph seems unfair given that they don't put any effort into reflecting it.
    Erm, open your eyes dude or the next wall will hit hard.
    They put effort into this. They decided to use that gem and than gemmed it. Gemming this one makes you loose other things you could gem for. E.G. Damage, resilence, whatever.
    And it´s a freaking 1% chance... Just to remind you, the drop rate of the baron mount in stratholme has been set to 1% as well some time agon, and still i dont got the mount after 300 runs.
    This gem proccs sooooo rareley that it always feels like a big waste gemming it. And when one of it´s very rare proccs coincidences with proccing on a CC spell and wins the match to it, well than this is exactly why you gemmed it but what mostly NEVER happens.

it´s a fair trade i think, from the sight of them. Sure it´s a bit of a slap in the face that theri RNG proccs exactly against you.

Quote Originally Posted by Migari View Post
    I´ve had it all through Cataclysm and I´ve seen it proc twice. And yes, I played alot of PvP.
    How do you keep track of such things? :b

Quote Originally Posted by Sarix View Post
    get owned by rng
    Pretty much this.. Unlucky man..

---------- Post added 2011-03-03 at 03:01 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zarmful View Post
    How do you keep track of such things? :b
    I used the spell reflect gem on a PTR once during TBC, and you really do notice these things when all of a sudden you see a frostbolt bounce back and forth.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiolith View Post
    Do you see what I did there? A Death Knight feeling unfairly treated in arena, wow.
    The difference being that the deathknight would have to put some thought into using that ability, rather than winning by luck.
    And to all those saying i should get the gem myself.. i have always had it myself. Yes, I like it when it procs on enemies CCing me, but i would still like to see it reflecting only damaging spells rather than CCing spells.
    Also, i made this thread to make a suggestion, not cry about RNG. I know 1% chance isnt much but it would still be a worthwhile gem if it only reflects damaging spells. I don't give a shit that they won because this was in my conquest points farming team which i don't take seriously..
    Last edited by mmoccf3eda8013; 2011-03-03 at 02:35 PM.

Stormherald and whirlwind