Thread: sublety PvP---

sublety PvP---

just a few things im debating on with my sub rogue in pvp,

should i use 2 daggers for the increase dps on ambush or just 1 dagger and a herder hitting weapon---

if i cant get behind a target, do i generate CP's with hemo or use sinister---

thnx in advance =)

Deleted
    2 daggers and use hemo, but try to backstab your target instead.

run circles around your target spamming backstab if you're having trouble getting any off.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If [the dps] are on the wrong target, then they are playing badly and should be corrected and / or mocked, depending on how you roll.

Quote Originally Posted by herpookybear View Post
    just a few things im debating on with my sub rogue in pvp,

should i use 2 daggers for the increase dps on ambush or just 1 dagger and a herder hitting weapon---

if i cant get behind a target, do i generate CP's with hemo or use sinister---

thnx in advance =)
    I would advise using 2 daggers. A 1.8 MH and 1.4 OH. If you are subtlety you should be backstabbing when you can and if not hemo. Do not use sinister strike.

thnx guys...im enjoying the new specc

10+ Year Old Account
    i tested out a slow mainhand(fist wep) to watch if my ambush's would go trough the roof, but it was pretty much the same as with daggers so meh, not worth to lose backstab for

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Avar ize View Post
    i tested out a slow mainhand(fist wep) to watch if my ambush's would go trough the roof, but it was pretty much the same as with daggers so meh, not worth to lose backstab for
    I think the ambush formula is set up to make sure a comparable quality/ilvl 1.8 dagger will do slightly more damage than a 2.7 non-dagger weapon. There may be a few points while leveling where there is in fact a better non-dagger for ambush/hem. than dagger available, if you are willing to lose backstab or have to deal with weapon macros.

Obviously the points where you can get useful 1.9 and 2.0 daggers are even better. There isn't anything epic over 1.8 speed until lvl 60, however just the attack speed change makes widowmaker http://www.wowhead.com/item=4091 bettter than gutripper http://www.wowhead.com/item=2164 in terms of total dps.

edit - found this 3.4 axe from a rare-elite in LBRS - if that speed is correct, it is probably BIS for ambush rogue until at least outland gear or maybe the lvl 60 pvp 2.0 dagger. http://www.wowhead.com/item=12621#comments Would have to actually see if this is better than Felstriker by the numbers There is also a sword in RFK that is 3.4 speed that posters are wondering if was changed in error. I haven't seen either item in-game.
    Last edited by Deficineiron; 2011-03-04 at 04:37 AM.