View Poll Results: Should the same quality loot drop from LFR, normal and HC raids?

Voters
485. This poll is closed
  • YES!

49 10.10%
  • NO!

436 89.90%
Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Should the same LOOT drop from LFR, normal and HC?

So someone brought up something in another thread I made about seeing the content. This made me curious. What if all the raid difficulties dropped the same ilvl loot, the loot should also look the same, only maybe a colour difference on armors.

In my opinion I would say go for it ! We should not care what type of items some other people we dont even know have on. Also, the loot should be balanced around HC boss kills, so even when farming LFR, it should not make HC raids easier. What do you guys think?

Please no flaming or insulting, just want to see what the community thinks about this.

Edit:

For me personally (I do HC's) it would not really matter either way, the point of the different difficulty levels would be the challenge they bring! The challenge wouldnt change as i said in the topic, it should be scaled in a way that HC mode stays just as hard to defeat. Like you need a full set of the highest lvl gear to beat lets say Deathwing anyway.

Also, this is not a troll post at all guys, i am just really curious about peoples opinion on the matter...
    Last edited by Sillinoob; 2011-12-13 at 01:15 AM. Reason: Just saw a few of the first comments and wanted to add this.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, Sillinoob.

10+ Year Old Account
    What would be the point of having different difficulties if you can get the same loot from the easiest difficulty?

Not even going to bother giving an on topic response

1/10 too obvious trollage.

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2011-12-13 at 01:50 AM.

As with most people, I completely disagree with this. It gives no incentive to play anything other than LFR other than "for the challenge". Players like their shiny gear. They would not like any pug being capable of achieving the same.

Deleted
    Merging 10man and 25man was a terrible idea.

Merging all 3(5?) difficulties would officially kill the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    This definitely ranks up there in terms of worst ideas I've ever read on the forums.

no no no

I have no issue with LFR

I am disappointed with the way 10 and 25m discrepancies have panned out - especially now we get less tier per player on 25m.

This would be the end and will never happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Dela2k10 View Post
    Merging 10man and 25man was a terrible idea.

Merging all 3(5?) difficulties would officially kill the game.
    This on so many levels.

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2011-12-14 at 04:50 PM.
    Jahlove, Troll Druid of <Huge in Japan>
    Armory | JahUI Download | Raid Livestream | Youtube

10+ Year Old Account
    If you hit the train tracks you've gone to far.
    Making all 3 instances drop the exact same loot removes the satisfaction of finally killing a boss and getting his/her loot. I definitely voted no. :/

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    OP, what would be the point in having different difficulty levels if you could easily gear up with the lowest setting? Think of it more as LFR is there to teach casuals the mechanics of the fights. Not there to give them the same loot that someone who works their butts off to clear heroic modes.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

Deleted
    God no. Be happy with with LFR. I mean why would HC raiders bust their asses in Heroic mode if they could just farm LFR for a few weeks then zerg it. You get the rewards from what you do.

The entire point of better items dropping in harder difficulties is so you can actually progress and kill harder bosses.
    Once again, a player posting about gear who doesn't raid, or doesn't raid for the right reasons. It's starting to get on my nerves when people think raiding is about gear. The gear is a tool to kill bosses, not to look cool or get attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Flatspriest View Post
    OP, what would be the point in having different difficulty levels if you could easily gear up with the lowest setting? Think of it more as LFR is there to teach casuals the mechanics of the fights. Not there to give them the same loot that someone who works their butts off to clear heroic modes.
    Ah okay I see a lot of people disagree. You guys make good points too.

For me personally (I do HC's) it would not really matter either way, the point of the different difficulty levels would be the challenge they bring! The challenge wouldnt change as i said in the topic, it should be scaled in a way that HC mode stays just as hard to defeat. Like you need a full set of the highest lvl gear to beat lets say Deathwing anyway.

Also, this is not a troll post at all guys, i am just really curious about peoples opinion on the matter...

10+ Year Old Account
    What is this, I don't even...? Just no.
    "I'll tell you something, my Tenchi, you know the carnival comes and goes. But if you wait for a while, it'll always come back to you, Tenchi."~Ryoko TENCHIxRYOKO FTW!

"The crystal is the heart of the blade. The heart is the crystal of the Jedi. The Jedi is the crystal of the Force.
    The Force is the blade of the heart. All are intertwined. The crystal, the blade, the Jedi. You are one.

Deleted
    Make it so you can only get epic gear from Heroic Modes.

Just for reference, I haven't done a heroic raid boss since ICC.

Quote Originally Posted by Kekkeri View Post
    Make it so you can only get epic gear from Heroic Modes.

Just for reference, I haven't done a heroic raid boss since ICC.
    Hmm, that is another interesting topic !! Would be nice to see what people think about this too. Personally I think HC modes should all be legendary then The rest can have their stinking epics

10+ Year Old Account
    Can you increase the number of votes allowed so i can vote no more than once? I am not an elitist, and my guild hasn't even cleared normal deathwing, so this is hard coming from someone who wants to seem "better" than casuals, but there is absolutely no reason that they would ever that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry_David
    "from injustise comes justise"

-huangzhong9

Not a nice way to tell anyone this other than to just say no.
    Bleh

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    OP, how many more threads like this are you planning in starting?

In any case, I don't care one way or the other.
    I'm a crazy taco.