Thread: Smoke bomb

Smoke bomb

erm..sorry for dumb question....if its a 2vs2 match and your opponents are a meelee and a healer and that meelee gets close to you when you pop smoke (so he is in the smoke) will his healer be able to heal him?

No he will not be able, this is the whole idea of the bomb
    Full KS, Bomb - Kill, Healer is helpless!

Deleted
    No, otherwise it would only serve a graphical purpose, which would be.. erhm.. shit

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by darkz View Post
    No, otherwise it would only serve a graphical purpose, which would be.. erhm.. shit
    Or help agains't ranged not being able to target you ? Or get a Rogue out of Stealth

thanks guys thought that it only gets rogues out of stealth and doesnt let us get targeted by ranged

I've heard this numerous times but yet to experience it personally, smoke bomb breaks stealth how?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SmokeyIllidan View Post
    I've heard this numerous times but yet to experience it personally, smoke bomb breaks stealth how?
    the reason is that stealth is broken if any harmful buff is applied to him while stealthed, and when you enter somebomb you get the smokebomb debuff applied which will break stealth, it will also break vanish if the smokebomb is landed on the rogue, not if he enters it, dont know how the mechanics works in this case tho.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Teddles View Post
    the reason is that stealth is broken if any harmful buff is applied to him while stealthed, and when you enter somebomb you get the smokebomb debuff applied which will break stealth, it will also break vanish if the smokebomb is landed on the rogue, not if he enters it, dont know how the mechanics works in this case tho.
    It doesn't break vanish, as vanish effect that last for 4 (?) seconds prevent any effect from taking you out of stealth, effectively giving you stealth for at least 4 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalarius View Post
    It doesn't break vanish, as vanish effect that last for 4 (?) seconds prevent any effect from taking you out of stealth, effectively giving you stealth for at least 4 seconds.
    Seen otherwise. My rogue's had vanish broken twice when hit by smoke bomb in it.

Porbably just a bug, but it's rather irritating.
    Colour my life with the chaos of trouble.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KassieDS View Post
    Seen otherwise. My rogue's had vanish broken twice when hit by smoke bomb in it.

Porbably just a bug, but it's rather irritating.
    i'll have to recheck behavior then.

Deleted
    Smokebomb also useful for taking a hunter out of camo if you 1v1 him.
    Also most effective when used to protect an arena ally.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hymndrazill View Post
    Smokebomb also useful for taking a hunter out of camo if you 1v1 him.
    Doesn’t work against hunters

Didn’t when I tried it earlier anyways

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Braggy187 View Post
    Doesn’t work against hunters

Didn’t when I tried it earlier anyways
    It certainly does.

still trying to get used to throwing it down in the right spots but its definitely a useful ability!

if you are having issues with this ability, chances are it is because the graphic representation does not accurately describe the actual area it effects, and therefore you are sometimes out of it when you think you are in, or vice versa.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If [the dps] are on the wrong target, then they are playing badly and should be corrected and / or mocked, depending on how you roll.

maybe that is the issue i am having - thanks