Page 35 of 36 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by pussuca View Post
    im just super curious that why dont you add lfr gear to preraid bis gear since nowadays any dog can go lfr and its difficulty isnt like raids?
    Blizz stated that they don't want LFR to be a prerequisite to normal raids. Even though they somewhate failed at this idea. Anyone in LFG gear should be able to step in normal raids, especialy since the nerf to Dragon Soul.

Deleted
    I'm not going to read through every page in this thread, so I apologise if it has been said already. But I just spent an hour fixing my enhancement with random offspec gear I've gotten and using this guide as a base to help give me some guidelines. But after simming my statweights the best cloak enchant for me is Greater Critical Strike and not the 22 agility one. And also BiS neck is the vp one (I assume because of the hit).

So maybe update the enchant list to accommodate using 65 crit on back.

Quote Originally Posted by Saxonn View Post
    I'm not going to read through every page in this thread, so I apologise if it has been said already. But I just spent an hour fixing my enhancement with random offspec gear I've gotten and using this guide as a base to help give me some guidelines. But after simming my statweights the best cloak enchant for me is Greater Critical Strike and not the 22 agility one. And also BiS neck is the vp one (I assume because of the hit).

So maybe update the enchant list to accommodate using 65 crit on back.

Sax, when you did the sim, did you have flasks, food, and other raid buffs factored in, or was the sim with only your buffs?

Part of the reason for the 22 Agi enchant on the cloak is that with Kings, it's giving a tiny bit over 46 attack power, and a smidge over 25 spell power. Add the trueshot aura 20% melee AP buff, and you wind up with 55.44 AP and 30.49 SP.

So, 55+ AP & 30+ SP vs. an extra 0.36% chance to crit that isn't multiplied by anything. 22 Agi is your better cloak enchant.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Embermoon View Post
    snip
    Yeah, I had all buffs except Focus Magic and Dark Intent on. When I simmed 55 crit came out very closely ahead versus the 22agi. I just weighted them against themselves in a vacuum using the stat weightings I had gotten from simcraft. I also checked out on rawr, maxdps and askmrrobot (granted I know that these aren't always reliable but I wanted multiple sources, and couldn't get enhsim working withouth reading instructions so didn't bother) and they all also said that greater crit is better than the agility one.

Now my main concern now is if my comparison between the two using solely the stats and the statweights and ignoring the scaling with kings,ap,crit from the agi enchant might be wrong or if the stat weighting from simcraft takes all this into account when it gives agility its statweight.

In high gear levels (some point in T12 if I remember correctly) 65 crit is better than 22agi on cloak.

Additionally, Choker of The Vanquished Lord is better than Cameo of Terrible Memories.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by flak View Post
    Additionally, Choker of The Vanquished Lord is better than Cameo of Terrible Memories.
    I believe this is only true if you don't need the hit from the VP neck since hit>mastery until cap so the difference is very dependent on the rest of your gear.

Quote Originally Posted by flak View Post
    In high gear levels (some point in T12 if I remember correctly) 65 crit is better than 22agi on cloak.

The more I think about it, I can see the point about the 65 crit. Fully raid buffed, I think I'm looking at somewhere above 22,000 AP and 55% of that as SP. I can see an extra 0.36% crit chance adding more to overall dps, than those tiny amounts from the 22 Agi,

Flak, regarding the choker being better, do you know if that exists at any level above 397 average gear, or if it's only if every other piece is BiS?

I haven't needed to reforge mastery into hit since t11 so no-one in t13 gear is going to need to - there is already far too much undesirable crit and haste to forge away into hit anyway due to bad itemisation.

im wondering about the gemming enhancer gear is my "3rd" gear atm but almost bis except trinkets/rings and offhand and im low on red epic gems cause of my alt etc.

would red: 40 agi, blue (10+ agi bonus) 25 agi 25 hit, yellow 25 agi 25 mastery be the best way to go?
    or this one - red: 25 agi 25 hit, blue the same, yellow 25 agi 25 mastery

havent played around with spreadsheets or similar stuff for a while now...
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    You're full of shit honey.

Looks like your guild has a pretty competent enhancement shaman so I'm surprised you didn't just ask them.

However, the answer is that you need to sim it (ep values from enhsim, or scale factors from simcraft). The delta is going to be very small. For ME taking a 10agi bonus from blue/yellow is better than socketing it with 50agi.

After careful consideration i have to say that i will not update this for Mists. I have neither the energy or the will to do continue this throughout mists tiers. I think it would be better if someone more motivated could take up this task after me.
    Apologies and i hope you've all had plenty of use from this guide through some of Cataclysm

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Favbrwnguy View Post
    Hey Hey, just looking to bounce some thoughts and what not off you guys. Been gone since middle of FL really. And my shammy was collecting dust since tier 11. but im back now and just wanted to make sure im on the right page.

As far as Single Target Rotation I am going with

LL
    SS
    FS w/ UE Flame Buff
    LB 5 stacks
    UE
    ES
    LB 4 stacks?

Ive wondered, is it optimal to go for, less then 5 stack, LB over ES? or to possible let FS run its course and get 2 ES in before FS Expires? Or is using FS with the Buff up always the way to go, despite time left on Dot?

AS far as stats, Spell Hit cap, Exp cap i always get done, then i go AGI, MASTERY, CRIT, HASTE?

Is our tier 13 Four set worth much? Would it be more ideal to rock the Heroic tier 12 2 piece witht he tier 13 two piece?

my armory is "Chad" on Area 52 if u see anything i should be doing different. besides epic gems, ill get to those lol

Thanks for your time!
    Rotation:

Your single target priority is a little off, it goes like this:

SS> LL> LB> ULE+FLS> ES> LB3-4

So always use SS when its ready, as well as LL, but if both are available use SS first. MW5/LB when full, ULE followed by FLS, and ES if all else is on CD.

To answer your question about ES and sub MW2-4, use ES first always. To be honest, using MW2-4 isn't a big deal or DPS increase and you really don't have to bother with hardcasting and can just stick to instants unless you have MW4 and you have a big gap and sure nothing will be available within the next second or two. The DPS increase of hardcasting is minimal.

For ULE+FLS, you should always refresh the dot after ULE, but you don't have to do it right away......after using ULE usually FLS has a few seconds left on its duration and you can use other higher priority abilities before refreshing it, like after ULE if SS or LL become available use those first and then use FLS......usually you can even go ULE>ES>after 6 seconds use FLS.....because ULE's fire buff lasts for 8 seconds and if you use ES right after ULE and then FLS as soon as shocks are available again you have just enough time to get FLS in before the buff fades (tho you really don't have to bother with this since it really doesn't matter if you overwrite FLS early so just use FLS after ULE unless you can use SS or LL inbetween).

Gear:

Stat priority you got is correct, reforge all haste out of gear and avoid gear/trinkets with it at all costs unless an obvious ilvl upgrade....try to get as much mastery as possible, or hit/expertise if you still reaching caps.

Regarding your gear......your hit is just shy of 17% hit cap at 16.94%.....not a huge deal but you can prob reforge your relic to hit instead of mastery that you have and cap it just incase, or you might wanna try to undo the reforge on your chest and gloves and leave them alone since one forges hit>expertise and the other from expertise>hit....so if you cancel that in the end you end up with like 20 more hit rating which I think will put you over the edge. I would also get rid of that haste trinket Kiroptic sigil....haste is garbage and I personally don't like "on use" trinkets. Some good easy to get replacements are Fluid Death hit/agil proc from vendors, vial of shadows agil/phys dmg proc from DS raid (can get in lfr), and honestly Tia's Grace heroic trinket with mastery/agil proc from 5man lost city of tolvir might even be better then sigil.

About T13 4-set bonus, some say sim it to see if its a big enough DPS increase to use it, as well as sim the 2piece T12 w/ 2piece T13.....but I personally think the 4set T13 is pretty crap and not very useful since MW5 is low priority and you won't really get to take advantage of alot of those extra procs cause of SS and LL, it's a really poorly designed set bonus but would have been great if MW5 was top priority. So yea, using T12 heroic and T13 2 set bonuses is fine, but I would use the T12 heroic pieces with the smallest stat point budget which I think is shoulders and gloves, and T13 get the head, chest, and legs cause those have more stats on them so you might end up with more agil and stuff.

You can double check with a gear checker like wowhead to see....I just did it here: http://www.wowhead.com/compare?items...04:71551:71548

Says you get about 48 more agil, lose some mastery, and you trade some expertise for a bunch of hit.......but after reforging I think you will prob end up getting that mastery back and overall more stats.....but thats only if you replace with the heroic T13 chest and legs, and have the heroic T12 gloves and shoulders. Might not be worth the time and effort, would just try to get a better trinket and stick with what you got.

since OT is tad dated, any recommended addons and macros I should use? right now the only current addon im using is power auras in conjunction from the usual stuff

With 5.0.4 just ahead, does anyone have answers like stat and rotation priorities, etc?

Are any sim tools going to work with lvl 85 characters?
    Cairne wanted to thank him again, to offer encouragement, praise for a task so successfully completed. For being able to bear such burdens. But Saurfang was an orc, not a blood elf, and lavish compliments and effusion would not be welcomed or wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by Tides View Post
    After careful consideration i have to say that i will not update this for Mists. I have neither the energy or the will to do continue this throughout mists tiers. I think it would be better if someone more motivated could take up this task after me.
    Apologies and i hope you've all had plenty of use from this guide through some of Cataclysm
    I don't know if the moderators have any new guide planned, but at least this won't be updated. Need a new voulenteer!

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know if the moderators have any new guide planned, but at least this won't be updated. Need a new voulenteer!
    I may be a new member; however, I'm not new to the community. If you don't have the time to keep this guide updated anymore, I'll be happy to update it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Chefspec View Post
    I may be a new member; however, I'm not new to the community. If you don't have the time to keep this guide updated anymore, I'll be happy to update it for you.
    You should PM Endus or Radux and have a talk with em. I'm confident they will be most happy about someone picking up the slack :P

Probably time to unsticky this. Outdated and i am not updating anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably time to unsticky this. Outdated and i am not updating anymore.
    And since I'm running about getting all the FAQs stickied/unstickied, I'll take care of that now. I'm locking this thread, since I don't want it being bumped and keeping an out of date FAQ bumped on the main page.

As nobody has stepped up (yet) to take over, I'm putting out a casting call in this thread; http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...nhancement-FAQ

If you're interested in taking over, read over what'll be expected there, and fire me off a sample section so I can get an idea of the quality you'd be bringing. I know MOP launches in just over 24 hours from me posting this, so I'm not expecting those right away; I'm setting a 2 week deadline. I have no idea how many submissions I'll be getting, so this is either a great idea or the worst idea I've ever had.